Showing results 41 to 60 of 71
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    here

P01400- manifold differential pressure sensor

P0443- PCV valve

P0446- evap cont. system vent control malfunction

P0403- EGR solenoid

P0300- random misfire

the other codes dont exist as far as the mistu galant manual has for the engine codes

if you need the causes of any of them i have the book and can tell you where to look
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

P1400 Manifold Differential Pressure Sensor circuit.
    P0443 EVAP System Purge Control Valve circuit.
    P0446 EVAP System Vent Control.
    P0403 EGR Solenoid.
    P1104 Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid.
    P1105 Fuel Pressure Solenoid.
    P0300 Random Misfire Detected.
    P1400 Manifold Differential Pressure Sensor circuit.

The other ones you typed down are repeating.

Ok, what Tb are you running? 1g, 2g or stock Galant TB? Im asking because it matters I think 2g and Galant's TBs are internally not routed the same . It looks like theres big mess with the three vacuum line from the TB to all emission valves and controls.

P1400 and P0403 are connected since the MDP checks if the EGR works.

Make a little diagram of where the three vac lines go and post it then we figure it out.

Also, there might not be a power going to them( a wiring flaw)

The random misfire code is from the 1g CAS, and the wastegate and fuel pressure solenoid codes - theres nothing else to do, but go to the j/y get 2 solenoids and wire them in, you dont have to use them
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

thanks mko i really appreciate it. so i finally finally finally got it to run right turns out the coil pack i was using was junk i swapped coil packs and all is good. must of been blowing out the spark in boost. still getting a little bit of problem though. it runs extremely good with a hacked maf but when i use a good maf still seeing some pretty rich numbers and some bucking could be small boost leaks or just minor tuning ill let ya guys know what else i figure out i want to thank everybody who took the time to help me.
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I always had a P1400 and an EGR CEL on my 63 swap with 95 ECU, they did not affect operation. The P0300 was definitely the cause of your misfire. I would get random P0300s and the car would not run right until I cleared the codes. I had to do the potentiometer fix mentioned before to get rid of it for good.

Congrats on getting it running better.
    7g for life!

ya instead of using a simulated crank signal im just using the stock crank signal since its still the stock bottom end. kind of in a pickle about how im going to time it though because on this ecu u cant ground timing unless u use a computer.
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

So you are using a 2g CAS? Why not swap to an adjustable 1g CAS? I never had problems with a 1g CAS + 2g ECU and base timing.
    7g for life!

no im using a 90 cas, but on the 98 99 ecus u cant just ground a pin to set base timing. you have to use a computer to do it theres no pin to ground. i put a pin in the spot where there would be one on a 95-96 ecu and it doesnt work.

so i still cant get the car to run right. i did a boost leak test again today for like the 20th time and i tested up to 15 psi. it sits steady at 10psi for a minute. if i try using a good maf it just bogs rich under boost. when i use a hacked maf it runs better but still wants to bog under boost, seeing 10.00 at wot. only thing that comes to mind is a boost leak but one doesnt exist. would a bad head do this? plugs are gapped at .28, coolant temp sensor is hooked up. oh and another thing when i unhook my recirculator tube it runs even better but its only leaning it out with the un metered air so it all comes back to a boost leak hummmmm.

i feel like a little kid begging for help lol anybody?

unhook the recirculation tube, but did you block off the hole on the intake pipe? usually doing that on a 1g or 2g with stock maf and tuning causes it to run rich when you let off the throttle and if you rev at idle the car could stall out from being too rich.

boost leak test it to 30 psi as no leak will be aparant until there is that much pressure. my buddy has a mazda speed protege that he tested to 15 and it was ok, then i checked it to 30 and everything was leaking.. we had to replace the intercooler, the piping, all vacuum lines and the throttle body gasket before it ran right. kinda seems like the same issue you had except he was running really lean
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I am not familiar with your setup, but unless you are running a GM maf or speed density, put your recirc back on. Its not causing your bogging under boost thought.

Could be a number of things. You really need to log some runs to see what fuel and timing is trying to do under boost. Are you using EvoScan? I've been out of it for a few months, not too familiar with what you can do with a flashable 2g ECU.
    7g for life!

ya i know i was just taking the tube off just to try to lean stuff out cuz then the maf doesn't see the air so i was just testing stuff. its hooked up now i turned the boost up to 11 psi and it runs way better 10.1 to 10.5 under wot but still really low timing like 8 degrees. i took the knock sensor out and wrapped it in a towel to see if was actually getting knock and it didn't make a difference, still like 8 degrees in boost. so knock sensor is ruled out. i guess i will have to wait to get a open port cable to set my base timing. i tryed advancing the cas and that didn't work either still 8 degrees or so in boost. doesnt matter if im at 12 psi or 8 i'm getting about the same amount of timing in boost. im seeing good numbers crusing (25-30*) but as soon as i give it a little bit just brings timing down fast.

why dont you get a $15 timing light and set the base timing
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

i did that but its kinda useless unless u can stop the ecu from advancing it. i adjusted the cas so its advanced alot and im still the same. its like no matter where i turn my cas to it runs the same more or less.

i just want to post some pics of my cam marks at 10* btdc 5* btdc and at tdc pic them apart and see if it looks like its timed right. the first pic is tdc [IMG][/IMG] This next pic is 5* btdc [IMG][/IMG]
    and the last pic is 10* btdc
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by allrice4g64; 10-12-2010 at 06:15 PM

timing is advanced too much by a half mark on each gear. wouldnt cause your bogging though

what is your exact setup turbo wise maybe it is that and not the timing
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

stock 2g maf. Stock intake pipe. stock 1g bov. stock 450cc injectors. stock 98 2g ecu. 90 cas, running only 8 psi, stock 2g knock sensor. all is wired correctly check double checked and checked again, no boost leaks, coolant temp sensor is good, running stock crank sensor. ummmm small 16g turbo, 02 sensor is fine, tps is calibrated right,
    Last edited by allrice4g64; 10-17-2010 at 11:20 PM

whats the wideband read when you bog? and what is causing the compression issues? bad rings?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

wideband=10.00, not really sure did a leak down test and its holding pressure fine. was thinking the timing was off enough that the intake was opening before it could build enough pressure in the middle two cylinders i dunno. had all 4 plugs out during leakdown test and couldnt hear or see any pressure being released at all anywhere. During compression test when turning the engine over max i was getting outa the middle two cylinder was 80 90 psi.

holly shit. well its only off half a notch on each cam but you never know but i really dont think that timing is the issue
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast