The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 3 rims size 17 and the other..?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

3 rims size 17 and the other..?

well i need some help...i able to get my hands on some stock eclipse rims the only problem its only 3...the other is crack beyond repair...i was wondering if i can just put a steelie 17 until the mean time but its so hard to find 1 in my area...Im still looking in Junk yards but i was wondering would another size like 16 would do??? i dont want the ride to be lop sided my tires on the eclipse rims are 215/55R17..If i a 16in steelie would the tire need to be a higher diamter like 215/60R16??/ i dont know....

Its just a temperary fix until i can get the 4th rim...

UR help is very much appreciated thanks in advance...
    wise up or stand down

if you're that pressed to put the 17's on, why don't u just put 2 of the 17's on (either both on the front, or both on the back) and then just keep 2 of the wheels you have now on. that way you don't waste time and money on a temporary fix.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgalant View Post
    well i need some help...i able to get my hands on some stock eclipse rims the only problem its only 3...the other is crack beyond repair...i was wondering if i can just put a steelie 17 until the mean time but its so hard to find 1 in my area...Im still looking in Junk yards but i was wondering would another size like 16 would do??? i dont want the ride to be lop sided my tires on the eclipse rims are 215/55R17..If i a 16in steelie would the tire need to be a higher diamter like 215/60R16??/ i dont know....

Its just a temperary fix until i can get the 4th rim...

UR help is very much appreciated thanks in advance...
    Why dont you cruise on what you still have until you get the last eclipse rim and get new tires. 215/55-17 is too large in diameter you need 225/45, 215/50, or 205/50. Get the 4th rim do it right and get the right tires.

had a buddy running 19's blew tire and used one of my oem 15's instead of a spare and it was almost dead even ride height when you go to tire shops like town fair they try to sell you something w/ the same overall size as oem tires just larger rims w/ lower profile but you will pro be best w/ 45 of 50 series profiles on your 17's

Nothing like going for a run with one high heel, and one sneaker.
    97 galant... Parts ordered
    07 Ford Edge...family hauler
    02 basset hound.. Low and speedy

update* i ran 3 17s and 1 16s 17 up front and 16 in the rear... i could feel the ride was off and when i finally was able to find the other rim... the 16 had sign of un even wear.. i drove a month with that set up.. i wouldnt reccomend it...im happy with my rims tho theey are stock GT eclipse rims...love em to death..
    wise up or stand down