The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2 in 1 intake???Good idea or bad..???

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    PrityG-lant03

2 in 1 intake???Good idea or bad..???

I was thinking since the galant has alot if engine space(4g64)..i could use a "Y" elbow tube to connect to filters to one tube connected to the throttle body..is this a good idea or wood i lose power doin this??

no point in doing that...waste of time. stick to a standard drop in filter or SR intake, HP is not even noticeable.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

^x2

This is almost as good as Krispy03's electric fan mod

you would have the y connect to the MAS for it to work correctly. and with a n/a engine, the only gain I could see is filter longevity.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

PrityG-lant03
    I just wanted to know if i wood lose power or not? im not thinking about the power im going to gain..i just wanted to see if it hinders my engine air intake...

If it is a good idea, don't you think we would all be running setups like that?

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

think of it this way, you have two filters feeding two pipes that v into one pipe. so ultimately the car can only take in as much air as it can suck through that single section of pipe. if you have an unrestrictive cone-style filter on a single sri/cai setup, its not going to get any more air in there if you add another filter at the end. as mentioned above, there may be a bit more longevity in filter life, but thats about it. if there was some sort of space limitation where you had, for example, a 3" maf section but could only squeeze little 2" filters into different areas of the bay so you y'ed the 3" section into two 2" sections, then, MAYBE, it would be a relevant mod, but other than that, likely not.

and to answer your question, no, it's not going to hinder performance by putting another filter on there, except for maybe adding some weight to the front end.

I say just get a cai an call it a day lol ps its cheaper
    Drive it like it was ment to be DRIVEN!
    99 GTZ
    Aem Cai
    Headers
    Custom Exaust
    Magnaflow cat & mufller
    Wires
    NGK Iridiums