The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DOHC parts list for midnightbear

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 82
    so reike does that mean the sonata head is best for turbo applications, what would be the difference between high and low comp?

no cause the evo head is already built but you would need to replace the pistons b4 you could run any boost so if you wanted to use your car right away i would suggest sonata. and with higher comp you have more n/a power but you can only put in so much boost lower comp =less power but more boost
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

ok so low comp=high boost, and high comp=low boost, i'm i on the right track?

yup and unless your diesel 12:1 comp + boost=knock hell
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

So would it be better to have low comp with turbo so you can fill up with more a/f mix = more power with sonata head?

thats the way im running its been pretty beastly and im throwing 20+ psi at it with no real issues.
    and as for whats better higher comp will make more power but lower comp you can run more boost so its debatable but with high comp you can build boost faster and you still have that low end power you go low comp and youll only have power in boost just a heads up like im prolly gonna go to 9.5:1 when i build my block.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

That's what i was thinking while reading this thread there is a 02 sanata in my local jy its the first one out of all three dohc swaps i have found in over a year of looking. I was just wondering if i should jump on it or wait for another? I am in the middle of a head gasket swap right now that's why i was wanting to do it now?

Just do it.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

agreed. do it now while you have the head off
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Icon8

My biggest problem is right now i am broke (like half the world), and even though the head is only 50 bucks i still will need all the other stuff to build it ie. Cams, sprockets, valves and springs, headstuds, then not including gasket kit. That's still ranking up there in the 3 to 400+ price range just to get her running again, it has already been down for 3 months now as time and money has not been so kind lately. I don't know about you guys but i don't know how much longer i can see her sitting in my driveway in pieces, its killing me not being able to drive it. That's my delima if money was not a problem it would be done no questions asked, lol.
    Last edited by djhah; 05-12-2011 at 11:34 PM

Quote Originally Posted by djhah View Post
    My biggest problem is right now i am broke (like half the world), and even though the head is only 50 bucks i still will need all the other stuff to build it ie. Cams, sprockets, valves and springs, headstuds, then not including gasket kit. That's still ranking up there in the 3 to 400+ price range just to get her running again, it has already been down for 3 months now as time and money has not been so kind lately. I don't know about you guys but i don't know how much longer i can see her sitting in my driveway in pieces, its killing me not being able to drive it. That's my delima if money was not a problem it would be done no questions asked, lol.
    U don't have to completely build the head now if u want to just drive, then when u have more money take the head off then do everything u wanna do to it.

But I do suggest when u get that head from the junk yard to take it to a machine shop and check for leaky valves and get it milled if needed.

Sent from my HTC HD2
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Well i just did some pricing on cams and gears, holy sh@+ they are more pricy than i thought. Correct me if i read wrong but i do have to use evo cams and gears in order to use sanata/ optima head is that what i read? No local jy has any evos on yard that i have found yet or i would just go that rought = save money.

No u don't have to use the evo Cams and gears to use the sonata head, that's what I thought a while back which was the reason I didn't so mine.

Sent from my HTC HD2
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

you can use the sonata cams just the evo cams are much more performance oriented i used the sonata cams for a few months when i was saving up to build my head and no issues.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

Icon10

Sweet baby jesus that's perfect! If its still there after this weekend its mine... thinks btw that's what i was wondering before i got it.
    Last edited by djhah; 05-13-2011 at 12:46 PM

I have a set of OEM evo 8 cam gear for sale dont need them since i got the adjustable. Let me know.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    I have a set of OEM evo 8 cam gear for sale dont need them since i got the adjustable. Let me know.
    Why would he wanna use the oem gears when he can use the sonata cam gears and use the 94 gs timing belt with it ??

Sent from my HTC HD2
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

True. but is all about the price. he could go eather way. 94 galant gs belt will fit the evo cam gear just fine.

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    True. but is all about the price. he could go eather way. 94 galant gs belt will fit the evo cam gear just fine.
    Has that been confirmed ?? Cuz I thought they have different tooth count.

Sent from my HTC HD2
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Yes is confirmed on evom. That belt is the best fit for the swap. the evo belt fit but very tight and you need to ajust the cams gear to -4. The 1994 Mitsubishi galant GS is the only 2.4L DOHC Galant ever produce by mitsubishi.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 05-13-2011 at 03:40 PM

SOHC Turbo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast