The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DOHC parts list for midnightbear

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 82
    So with this head swap, should i still pass smog in cali?

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    So u r saying the 94 gs belt is the better route, right ??

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Correct it is the best option IMEHO, i woundlnt even do the swap till i had the belt in my hands.

@bigvic im unsure about that it's only adding a different stock part to the car but i dont know much about calis smog restrictions but i cant see how they would fail you for it.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

O ok bc i was thinking that if it has the emission control and all it should b ok, I was jus wondering.

Just curious but has anyone tried dsm cam gears say off of a 1g or 2g, or is the evo gears the best rought? Because i have a friend that has lots of extra parts that he was throwing out, i was wondering if i should grab some gears from him, incase i decide to do this swap instead of the evo head.

im not sure but i think 2g cam gears might work not sure though.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

but even with the evo head you need gears no matter what block is 6mm taller in deck height.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

So no matter what adjustable gears are the only way for it to work? Am i undestanding correctly, or am i confused now? I have one more jy to check for evo head if its no good it looks like i am doing the sonata swap.

bigvic no you will not pass smog legally in CA with that swap. CA does visual and a 2 speed roller test. it sucks i know

94 galant gs belt works perfect... no need for adjustable gears either, but if you do want them look up Pro Street Lancer Evolution EVO Cam Gears i got both of mine for around 120. not sure how much they are now.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    bigvic no you will not pass smog legally in CA with that swap. CA does visual and a 2 speed roller test. it sucks i know

94 galant gs belt works perfect... no need for adjustable gears either, but if you do want them look up Pro Street Lancer Evolution EVO Cam Gears i got both of mine for around 120. not sure how much they are now.
    Ok thinks man 120 isn't to bad for adjustables thought.

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    So a hyundai or an evo head swap wont pass smog? Bc I heard as long as its the same manuf its somewhat ok bt I cnt mix and match manuf.... damn this sux in CA all these damn restrictions...

You could pass only if you have stock air box and you dont have any CEL. But is ok if you do a DOHC as log you keep the settup stock.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    You could pass only if you have stock air box and you dont have any CEL. But is ok if you do a DOHC as log you keep the settup stock.
    Oh ok... hmmmmm im gonna have to do more research for now then. Thx anywho

been reading up on this for a while, I'm gonna go with the Hyundai head, just to confirm I can use the stock hyundai cam gears with a 94GS timing belt correct? and I would just run the sonta head gasket correct?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

better off to use the adjustable anyhow for tuning and if your doing the swap do it once. And as for head gasket get an oem evo h/g guys are not likeing the cometic ones right now.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    been reading up on this for a while, I'm gonna go with the Hyundai head, just to confirm I can use the stock hyundai cam gears with a 94GS timing belt correct? and I would just run the sonta head gasket correct?
    Correct. But you need at least one adjustable cam gear 2 for best setup. The 94GS belt is the correct belt.

Pm me. I have some evo parts for sale that you could use.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

wrong!!!! you cant use hyundai gears or the stock galant sohc gears. you need evo camgears dont buy anything else. and dont but the evo head gasket. just get and oem galant headgasket they are multi layerd steel now. thats what im using and its working fine . even at an 88mm bore
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

here is why the sonata/optima/galant gears and reluctors dont work

Thats what i mean. Evo adjustable gear. Is for a fact the galant dont work

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Thats what i mean. Evo adjustable gear. Is for a fact the galant dont work
    you need 2 evo cam gears one adjustable and one not or if you prefer both

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast