The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g Harnesses

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

7g Harnesses

Hi all, I'm trying to put a 1994 engine in a 1996 galant.
    I'm using 1994 harness and computerbox.
    Does someone has the harness diagram of the 1994 and 1996 galant?
    There is a big plug just below the fuse box of the 1996 that has less in than the 1994 harness has.
    So i need a diagram to see what those extra pins are.
    Norman

If I may ask, why are you switching to the 94 harness/ecu? It seems like a step backwards since you can modify the 96 harness to use a 2g DSM Turbo ECU or an Evo8 ECU.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Well I've had a turbo engine in this car, and was using microtech and I've cut the harness.
    So I took the engine out to put in a lighter car, and bought a complete engine with ecu and harness.
    I'm not going to modified this engine, I will just keep it stock.

Why swapping the fusebox. This is the body harness, not the engine harness.

A Picture would help
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I didn't swap the fuse box, what i mean was the engine harness (of the 1994 galant), plugs in to the harness(on the 1996 galant) that goes to the fusebox and than to the headlamps and fans.
    The 1994 engine harness has 3 more wires that the harness on the 1996 doesn't has.
    It's a little confusing,but I'll put on some pics, later.

IDK man, Ive never seen a plug going to the fuse box for any year Galants.

Are you sure? The 96 has some kind of electronic solenoid on top of the evaporative canister and for 94 these wires are missing.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Hi, I didn't got a chance to take the plug picture, but anyways, the car has started, runs perfectly...
    The only two problem I have is that the fans won't come on, and the rpm jumps up and down, and when I turn on the engine, the rpm goes to 2000rpm then comes back to 500rpm and then goes to 1500 and stays there.

Hi guys... I am desperately looking for an Engine Control Sub Harness for my 7g VR V6 (DOHC, EFI). I cannot seem to find one being sold in the net. Does anybody know where I can get one, or have one made? the part number is MB 904260. Thanks.