The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gas Mileage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 33
    I4betterthanUR4

Gas Mileage

So I figured out the car has a 16.3 gallon tank and estimated to get 21 city and 28 highway.

I need to know how much is in the tank when the gas light comes on so I can figure out what kind of mileage I'm getting. Does anyone know?

ok if your car is a 7g then you got like 2 gallons left

I4betterthanUR4
    Can anyone confirm if this is the same for 8g?

idk, i just get gas, i would guess the same

blue8g
    For some reason I feel like it was 1.8 gallons left.

I4betterthanUR4
    Yeah I remember my gas light came on right before I filled it up to the top and the receipt shows I bought ~12.7 gallons.

The only thing is our lights come on twice, the first time it stays on a for a little and then it turns off and doesnt come back on until its closer to empty. I filled up at the first light... Hm....

My 8g has right on at 3 gallons when the gas light starts burning bright

What kinda mileage do you get?
    -Andrew

about 3 gallons. you can driveup to 63 miles in the city with the light on before running completely out of gas or driveup to 84 miles on the highway. I did that one time but i don't recommend doing that because of your fuel pump.

I always fill up once my gauge is at 1/4 tank. My mileage is 22mpg (city/highway) abt 240-260 miles on a tank of gas.
    The 0ne & 0nly King D

This is how I calculate gas mileage.

1. Get a full tank of gas and set the trip meter to 0.
    2. Drive however much you drive.
    3. Get another full tank of gas and see how many gallons it took to make it full again and how many miles you have driven.
    4. Now divide the miles driven by the number of gallons of gas you just bought.
    5. Now you have the mpgs!

I think this would be more precise.
    Last edited by hpa350n; 09-24-2010 at 02:13 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hpa350n View Post

3. Get another full tank of gas and see how many gallons it took to make it full again and how many miles you have driven.

Thats what I do too. I get about 275 miles on a full tank of premium bit I have a v6. But thats before the gas light comes on

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

I4betterthanUR4

Ah that's a good way didn't even think of that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrewbert View Post
    My 8g has right on at 3 gallons when the gas light starts burning bright

What kinda mileage do you get?
    I'll figure it out just as soon as I fill her up again and let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by 02bEiGeGaLaNt View Post
    about 3 gallons. you can driveup to 63 miles in the city with the light on before running completely out of gas or driveup to 84 miles on the highway. I did that one time but i don't recommend doing that because of your fuel pump.

I always fill up once my gauge is at 1/4 tank. My mileage is 22mpg (city/highway) abt 240-260 miles on a tank of gas.
    Interesting. Yeah I usually get about 200-250 miles on a tank but I never fill it up to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    Thats what I do too. I get about 275 miles on a full tank of premium bit I have a v6. But thats before the gas light comes on
    Yeah I don't get anywhere near 275 on a tank, wish I had the v6 :( My accord was getting about 350 miles on a tank and I think it had the same capacity as the galant. We'll see.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I wanna get an I4.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

same way I calculate my gas mileage. as a matterof fact I just filled up. 248miles/10.180 gallons = 24.36 MPG!
    The 0ne & 0nly King D

i had 286 outta my last tank, with the light burning bright, and just put ten in to get home

I usually get 300-320 out of a tank, more if I really run the tank dry. I let the light go on for 2 days once and I had to put 14.8 gallons in the tank. I didn't even know my 4 cyl held that much.

I4betterthanUR4
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    I wanna get an I4.
    Swap? lol. The v6 only gets one less mile per gallon than the 4g64 but you get more power.

On road trips, I usually average around 33 mpg if I limit my use of the breaks.

Don't you just wish Mitsubishi added 1 more gear? 5 speed automatic would do wonders for gas mileage!

I4betterthanUR4
    Yeah I drive on the freeway an hour everyday, a fifth gear would be nice...

How many rpms are you guys taching at 70mph, without A/C?
    Light em up.

i get 345 miles before i have to fill up and i have a v6. when the light goes on i know that i have between 30-50 miles more before i have to fill up. i usually go for the 30 because once i stretched it to 50 and i ran out of gas. but even when i fill up at 30 miles after the light has gone on i still only fill up about 15 gallons or so and i have a 16.1 gallon tank.
    Bryan - TGCWI - 6g72 5 speed

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376567

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast