The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gas Mileage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelman View Post
    How many rpms are you guys taching at 70mph, without A/C?
    i am at about 2800 rpms at 70, however i do have a 5 speed so i have that extra gear. i noticed that with the 5 speed the gearing is much better and when i hit 80 i am at about 3200 rpms
    Bryan - TGCWI - 6g72 5 speed

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376567

Quote Originally Posted by hpa350n View Post
    On road trips, I usually average around 33 mpg if I limit my use of the breaks.

Don't you just wish Mitsubishi added 1 more gear? 5 speed automatic would do wonders for gas mileage!
    this is in part why i did the 5 speed manual
    Bryan - TGCWI - 6g72 5 speed

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376567

yea, im right around 3000-3100 rpms at 70mph
    Light em up.

I4betterthanUR4
    How many rpms are you guys taching at 70mph, without A/C?
    70mph without ac I'm sitting at 2.7k rpm but if I'm running late for class and go 75-80 I'm at 3k rpm.

yea, im right around 3000-3100 rpms at 70mph
    With the auto tranny?
    Last edited by I4betterthanUR4; 09-29-2010 at 01:24 AM

Hmm, mine revs around 2700rpm at 70 without the A/C. 3100 rpm sounds a bit high.

bsilver23, I'm jealous of your extra gear!

I4betterthanUR4
    Results are in!

I traveled 318.2 miles from the last time I filled up to the top and then I refilled the tank to the top again with 11.225 gallons so that puts my MPG at 28. But that's also ~90% freeway miles. I'm happy because I expected it to be an avg of city (21) and highway (27) so I would've been happy with 24 but I guess 4 more miles doesn't make that big of a difference. At least the car is running well.

And just because I like stats... the last time I filled up was 7 days ago at almost the exact same time so I traveled about 45.5 miles a day on average.

Any one else want to post theirs?
    Last edited by I4betterthanUR4; 09-30-2010 at 03:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by I4betterthanUR4 View Post
    70mph without ac I'm sitting at 2.7k rpm but if I'm running late for class and go 75-80 I'm at 3k rpm.

With the auto tranny?
    Yes i have the auto, i think there is a little bit of slip in overdrive which is why it revs slightly high.
    Light em up.

Quote Originally Posted by I4betterthanUR4 View Post
    Results are in!

I traveled 318.2 miles from the last time I filled up to the top and then I refilled the tank to the top again with 11.225 gallons so that puts my MPG at 28. But that's also ~90% freeway miles. I'm happy because I expected it to be an avg of city (21) and highway (27) so I would've been happy with 24 but I guess 4 more miles doesn't make that big of a difference. At least the car is running well.

And just because I like stats... the last time I filled up was 7 days ago at almost the exact same time so I traveled about 45.5 miles a day on average.

Any one else want to post theirs?
    wow that's great..the highest MPG I had for the city was 22 and the highway was 29.. where do you live? bc I know out here in vegas we now have a lot of stop and go traffic my last fill up dropped down to 22.08 mpg. My overall MPG is 21.94 mpg based on my Road trip app
    The 0ne & 0nly King D

the v6 tb will help with the fuel milage if you can keep your foot out of it lol. I just installed mine today, and it tachs at roughly 2400(our tach isnt the most accurate and precision0 at 70mpn, that is a 300 rpm drop=less fuel needed

The lowest calculated MPG I ever got was 18 because I was stuck in traffic averaging 5 miles per hour for 10 miles.

The highest I ever got was 39 using "hyper miler" techniques by tailgating a truck. I'll never do that again. Completely unsafe.

Our cars can easily get higher than 30MPGs if you use your brakes less on the freeway. So when you're on the freeway and you see a reason to slow down (like a slow car entering the freeway) instead of using your brakes to slow your car down, just let off the gas and let your car do the slowing down for you without the breaks. Just make sure you have enough distance to not crash into the back of the other slower cars.
    Last edited by hpa350n; 10-01-2010 at 01:27 AM

lol maaaaann i miss my good gas mileage you guys suck XD i still remeber 1 week when my i got 6.5mpg....right now im probably around 15-18 if i can ever get it running again.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

I4betterthanUR4
    I live in WA state. I think since it's getting colder that could've helped the engine run closer to peak efficiency. I actually bought a v6 tb from someone here on the forums for like $50. I took it apart to clean it one day and got lazy and never put it back together. When I moved I decided to just trash it. I should've held on to it because I just wanted it for performance.

Right now only mods are ram air and I chopped off my mufler. No muff could've helped me with mpg since it's less restrictive but I could've swore that the ram air would lower my mpg since more air is flowing pass the MAF sensor it would make up for it by squirting more fuel. Hm.

I've been running the acar app on my phone and it says I average about 27 mpg, we drove from san antonio to san angelo ( about a 3 hr drive ) and used only a half tank.
    02 Galant GTZ stock
    00 S10 Bagged on 20's Suicide Doors 5 link and control arms, more to come!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12