The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Why don't I give a shit anymore?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    Thanks for all the posts guys...and for recognizing that I am a girl, lol. I get used to most here not realizing at first since there aren't that many women here.

I think maybe most of ya'll are right, and perhaps it's just kind of a rut I'm in with my G. Maybe I'll drive my fiances Explorer for a while, that will sure make me appreciate my car again. I always want to have fun when driving my Galant, and the daily auto-pilot to work going 40-50 behind shitty traffic and a red light every five feet is bringing me down.
    Or I just need to force myself to sit down and do one legitimate project with the car, and that might respark my interest and love for Galants.

I don't really care about the car scene or whatever, it was always more about having a friend that is into the same car and when we hung out, it was to work on our cars.
    But, it doesn't have to be Galants only I guess. If I can find some other folks local to hang out with that will treat me with respect even though I'm a girl, then that'd be cool too. I need that or else I get lazy and don't pay any attention to my car.

It's good to know that some Texas members are still out there. I just hate that none are in Austin, bc my fiance and I still aren't able to travel anywhere on the weekends due to our jobs, so I can't really be a part of anything out of town.

I may at some point still decide to buy another car, but even then I won't be selling the Galant. I couldn't imagine selling her, and that sentiment alone lets me know I'm still into Galants, just gotta get out of the same ole.
    })({ Heather })({

- "If you never take risks, you'll have a wasted soul."

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterbyfilms View Post
    Thanks for all the posts guys...and for recognizing that I am a girl, lol. I get used to most here not realizing at first since there aren't that many women here.

I think maybe most of ya'll are right, and perhaps it's just kind of a rut I'm in with my G. Maybe I'll drive my fiances Explorer for a while, that will sure make me appreciate my car again. I always want to have fun when driving my Galant, and the daily auto-pilot to work going 40-50 behind shitty traffic and a red light every five feet is bringing me down.
    Or I just need to force myself to sit down and do one legitimate project with the car, and that might respark my interest and love for Galants.

I don't really care about the car scene or whatever, it was always more about having a friend that is into the same car and when we hung out, it was to work on our cars.
    But, it doesn't have to be Galants only I guess. If I can find some other folks local to hang out with that will treat me with respect even though I'm a girl, then that'd be cool too. I need that or else I get lazy and don't pay any attention to my car.

It's good to know that some Texas members are still out there. I just hate that none are in Austin, bc my fiance and I still aren't able to travel anywhere on the weekends due to our jobs, so I can't really be a part of anything out of town.

I may at some point still decide to buy another car, but even then I won't be selling the Galant. I couldn't imagine selling her, and that sentiment alone lets me know I'm still into Galants, just gotta get out of the same ole.
    There you go

Avoid Honda owners. They're mostly douche bags.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    I agree.

^^^^^^lol.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

instant classic!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Im guessing you guys dont realize that the OP is a female and not a dude! LOL! Look @ the Avatar & @ the bottom of her sig it says her name "Heather"...
    Yes, I know she's a girl I was refering to Warren and his nonlogical statements.

Yes, I know she's a girl I was refering to Warren and his nonlogical statements.
    well im sorry for all the problem i have done to anybody but i guess im like zac if that what g-spot is saying but thats fine compare me to whoever you want to me it dont matter. I might not know about my galant like some do but , im learning slowy everbody i hang out with brings me and my car down but its all good and even my own brothers says that i need to sell my care but i aint going to do until i died.

Heather drive a clean drop 5speed honda for a week and you see why you love you car

IL has two active members. LOL.

We had a meet where it was just me and Dave that showed up once. It's all good. You gotta be an open mind when it comes to meeting car people. Because most of them have the "My car is better than yours" mentality. It's key to stay humble that way you get along with not just the galant peeps, but the honda peeps,and toyota peeps, and even the drifter kids.

Sometimes it's hard to keep on doing what you're doing especially with the Galants when you feel you are all alone. But thats the beauty of it, it's easy to buy a car that is mainstream and mod it, but its another thing to mod a 8G or 7G and stick with it. If only you knew how may times I wanted to buy an EVO you wouldnt believe it. But I wouldn't get as much attention in my area with an EVO than my 8G.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    I want a new car, and it is becoming more of a reality the more I think about it. However, ever time my girlfriend says she'll miss my car and that her car will miss my car (lol) I sometimes regret it, but at this point, I think I am ready. However, if I could buy a BRAND NEW 8G, I would.

Heather, I know exactly what you are going through. I went through quite a few life changes in the past 2yrs and that along with some of the cosmetic issues with my galant had me to where I didn't care about my car at all. It took me watching my cousin fixing up a beat up civic to motivate me to get my ride back together. I really think everyone feels the way you are at some point.

Back from the dead!!!

Experienced TGC Member
    Buy a new damn car.

The first car I purchased on my own was an 03 Galant. I bought that bitch back in March 04. Joined the Galant Forums shortly after. Joined TGC shortly after also.

The Galant is no more, now I have a 06 Charger RT. In my opinion, the TGC community is hands down the best car community Ive been a part of. Im a member of a few Charger forums, but they just dont feel the same way as I did here. From the epic threads to the epic failures who have graced these forums in times past, TGC has provided a memorable experience.

GalantGotSpeed
    ScootIntegra
    TJ & BJ
    Calypso and the drama
    Ray and his crazy shit
    "Dem blue shitz yo!"

I could go on and on. *sigh*

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Not to mention ChargerForums takes forever to load each time! lol

TGC Regular
    If your in Houston Heather, please call us up. I think I'm going to do a get together one last time with Pete and the rest if possible for Haloween? Gonna be my last one since I finally have enough saved to buy another car in December. I'll get on the forums a bit more to see what everyone thinks about the get together.

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12