The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Why don't I give a shit anymore?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 33

Why don't I give a shit anymore?

I've all but stopped participating in the Galant community for a while now. And I haven't bought many parts for my car in a while either. I've barely done anything to my car since like March.

Now I'm starting to look at other cars to buy, and I feel kinda shitty for not caring about anything Galant related anymore. And I don't really know why I've stopped caring either. Granted my best friend in the Galant community went to prison and isn't coming back. He was the only one I really knew in Austin in the car scene. And I got kind of screwed out of some money here in a drawn out hassle over some defective shocks sold to me. So, I have a bad taste in my mouth right now.

Is anyone still around in TGC Texas anymore anyway? Do I have to go to Houston to find any members?

How can I get the passion back for Galants and TGC? Or should I just accept that I'm over it and move on to another car?
    })({ Heather })({

- "If you never take risks, you'll have a wasted soul."

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    You might have to travel outside your immediate area to find some folks. It all depends on if you really want to, or if youre just tired of the car... If you really like the car for what it is it wont matter who's around to meet up with, bcz you will always be content with the satisfaction that the car gives you. If not then maybe youve just outgrown the car.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Dont give up bro. Just take it easy and find new projects for the G that will keep you busy. Just participate on related topics you like on TGC.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Dont give up bro.
    x2 lol. u can also post the nudies (but not of dudes). ;)
    Last edited by o1naturalhigh; 09-23-2010 at 04:40 PM

Well you still have those Russian boys that magically appear in the past two meets TGCATX right? But yeah, everything splintered in the past 2 years. Wasn't even expecting half the stuff that went on but what's done is done. To figure out the true passions in these cars lies within the soul of the person itself. Just because my passion drives my way may not be the same passion as many of you guys. Right now I'm just reorganizing the guys in my area and Fred/Rick are doing what they can for the DFW area. I don't know about the other towns and there's the 9th gen forums that have no clue we exist. I really don't like how Warren handled the situation by calling out every Texas Galant owners in a negative way. I think it's immature and selfish to force people to come especially when he doesn't know majority of the people and their many issues. How can someone force people to come over 200 miles away to little meets when his car doesn't even run? Ugh, I don't even want to get into that ECU 7 m.p.g. arguement....

Well, if it ever comes to a new car, you can still do the "I drive something else but I browse TGC for keep in touch with everyone" route like Xxgalantgirl06xX and several others . I have your phone number so I can call/text you anytime. And good luck with your company's film projects! and post nudes

keep your head up. I get the same way with mine sometimes, then I find something to make the car more enjoyable. For example, engine or tranny swap, and all is good again. The thing that really makes mine fun is having a boring daily driver. After driving the SHO all week I take the G for a spin and I realize how much fun I have when driving it.

ultimately, it comes down to what your true instinct is. If it's grown boring, maybe it is time to move on to greener pastures. That is something only yourself will discover. Either way, best of luck in what it is you decide to do.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

It all comes down to the time and effort you have spent on your car. Do you throw away the results of the time and effort you might have spent on something else in your life? I know how you feel about the bad things looking more dominating than the good, but if you are really getting another car, you should at least keep your G just for old times sake and to remind you of what you did so far.

I've reached my limit on the G too, I'm currently spending more money on the upkeep of the car, that I would spend on the monthly payments for a new car. But that's what happens when you buy a second hand car whose previous owner has treated the car like shit. But it's the reason I know what little I know about cars now, and knowledge is not free in this world! Just my 2 cents.

You know. You don't truly enjoy your car until you start driving something else. I had a pretty boring experience with my car and was looking at other cars to mod. Then I was in an accident with it and couldn't drive it while I was working on it. I drove around a pos pontiac grand am and I hated it the entire time.

As soon as my car was back on the road I appreciated every detail about it and absolutely love the way I felt in the drivers seat again.

Meaning Retire it as your daily driver if thats what it is and drive something else. I think you'll find interest in it again as time goes by that you're not driving it. Give it a try.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You can make new friends in the Austin car scene. It doesnt have to be Galants. I've been rolling with a random mix of car guys. Theres a 3000gt vr4, Two FC RX7s, a FD rx7, a miata, a Bmw 535i. But what is all the same about us is that we're all at the same stage of modding our cars and so we each keep each other interested. If you can make a friend who is at the same stage of the tuner lifecycle (I just made that shit up), you can keep each other motivated. It wont matter what you drive.

You have a nice start to your car with that body kit. Jst put on the finishing touches.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    I hate galants. Next car i buy will be a galant.

I really don't like how Warren handled the situation by calling out every Texas Galant owners in a negative way. I think it's immature and selfish to force people to come especially when he doesn't know majority of the people and their many issues. How can someone force people to come over 200 miles away to little meets when his car doesn't even run? Ugh, I don't even want to get into that ECU 7 m.p.g. arguement....
    well im sorry to call out anybody its because you dont know how bad im in the galant scene and just buy meeting new galant make me even wants me to know more of you guys but tgc texas died, tried almost everthing to get it back, but its not the same well i cant force anybody to go anywhere if its only going to be me and pete to show well thats fine with me. But also its because if i signed into the army and im leaving in janurary but i probly be in new york for my base and tried to be in their scene that if im wanted there .

blue8g
    Why does the 'scene' matter so much?

i know im a loooong ass way away but we are still alive (barely) in dallas

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    You can make new friends in the Austin car scene. It doesnt have to be Galants. I've been rolling with a random mix of car guys. Theres a 3000gt vr4, Two FC RX7s, a FD rx7, a miata, a Bmw 535i. But what is all the same about us is that we're all at the same stage of modding our cars and so we each keep each other interested. If you can make a friend who is at the same stage of the tuner lifecycle (I just made that shit up), you can keep each other motivated. It wont matter what you drive.

You have a nice start to your car with that body kit. Jst put on the finishing touches.

hah tuner lifecycle. Gets the point across well

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    If you are done, move on if your not happy, just my opinion

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    The same thing happened to me too. You just loose all care for the G & then you find yourself in Hassel BMW trying to buy something else. The only thing that stopped me was that my wife's car is crap & she needs a new one first.

I just started looking at it again & fell in love with it all over.

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    Why does the 'scene' matter so much?
    I know, Blue. Don't know why it's such a big deal to him. When I think of the word "Scene" it's associated with the entire car scene not just Galants itself. Like how many people outside TGC really care about the "Galant scene"?

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I know, Blue. Don't know why it's such a big deal to him. When I think of the word "Scene" it's associated with the entire car scene not just Galants itself. Like how many people outside TGC really care about the "Galant scene"?
    Hmm....3?

At most?

I think friends from a bunch of different vehicle backgrounds is cool....but that's what I've got....so I'm biased.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Dont give up bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Don't know why it's such a big deal to him.
    Im guessing you guys dont realize that the OP is a female and not a dude! LOL! Look @ the Avatar & @ the bottom of her sig it says her name "Heather"...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast