The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trying to improve sound and performance for 08 Galant

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Trying to improve sound and performance for 08 Galant

I have 2008 Mitsubishi galant ralliart. It has about 265 hp and im trying to upgrade it perfomance and sound wise. Im looking to get improved performance and a nicer sound from my galant. I have been looking and had trouble finding exhaust upgrade and intake upgrade for my galant. So far this is what im looking at for my CAI and exhaust system upgrade.

CAI"
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/secret-weap...34d1630y2008j1

exhaust
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/dual-header...=c15855d1630j1

does anyone have any sugggestions i have no clue about performance parts

Headers will gain you the most HP but are a royal PITA to install.

The CAI is okay, any CAI for the V6 Eclipse will work as well.
    I don't like that exhaust, you might want to replace your stock muffler with a Magnaflow one or custom dual starting from the rear axle
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Try looking up 2006-2011 Eclipse GT parts. I believe the exhaust and intake parts should fit your car. Exhaust may need minor mods to it but you may luck out.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

fujita's CAI will fit. If u want headers go with RRE, direct bolt on....
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

I think im going with the fujita CAI for the 4G eclipse V6 3.8L which i heard can be used on teh 9G galant. and im going with a magnaflow exhaust system:

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...0A2646518.aspx

And if i go with the magnaflow exhaust, should i still get a muffler or will the one that comes with it sound good enough?

You should be ok with the one that comes with it. If you don't like the results just go out and get a different one, and sell the one that came with the kit..

Quote Originally Posted by kwood24 View Post
    I think im going with the fujita CAI for the 4G eclipse V6 3.8L which i heard can be used on teh 9G galant. and im going with a magnaflow exhaust system:

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...0A2646518.aspx

And if i go with the magnaflow exhaust, should i still get a muffler or will the one that comes with it sound good enough?
    Your not going to be able to use a bolt on exhaust from a 4g eclipse for your galant. It wont fit. The piping is too short. You could always have a shop extend it for you but for that kind of money I would just recommend a good custom exhaust system with a weld-on magnaflow muffler.

Holy old thread guys. It's been over a year since the OP logged on.

LMAO!!! I didn't even notice, lol.

Well, since this topic got revived from the dead, I may as well put in my input. My Galant has a glasspack, cheap alternative until I find an awesome Borla exhaust that'll work on my 9G, but it is surprisingly good. It has great sound and I definitely noticed a performance difference. It isn't terribly loud though so eventually I'm gonna replace the resonator with a straight pipe. And since I'm poor right now I don't have a CAI or headers or high flow cat, so I don't know which works best, but I've heard good things about Fujita CAI, RRE Headers, and Magniflow high flow catalytic converters.