The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car problems again!!!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Car problems again!!!

Drove to Wally world and car ran fine. Then come back and right before I get home a loud pop like it was the transmission or some thing,then oil light come on. So I tried to give it the gas and nothing happen rolled off onto a side road and turned car off. Cheked for a oil leak or something,nothing oil was full and transmission too. I started it and it just turned over. I call a tow truck and after two and a half hours bought it to a local shop. I heard it might be the timing belt again. Any ideas? I think if it is not that it may be the cam shaft position sensor. I had this alreplaced last year,sucks if it is the same. I hope it dont cost a fortune they said they will look at it tomorrow.

how does it sound when it cranks over? Like does it sound normal or does it spin really really fast? If its spinning over faster then normal then you may have lost a tbelt and your engine is going to end up being junk.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

It cranks over normal.

balance shaft belt
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Mechanic called me today and said it was the timing and would cost $620 with water pump replaced as well. I said okay. I hope it did not mess the valves or piston heads up when it went. I tolf him to tell me if any thing else was wrong. I just hope they not messing me over if they say it needs other stuff done to it. What do you all think,from what I said before. I had it break on me a year ago and it was the balance shaft belt and it had snapped the cam position senor. I just hope that its the timing and that is it and its only $620,because I cant afford no more than that. It has over 202300 miles on it and Ive only put 40000 on it. Thanks for the help so for TGC!

I would be making the shop that fixed it before fix it right this time at no charge. Oh wait did you just have the balance shaft belt and sensor replaced last year and not the timing belt?

No,they did the tming as well along with the belt and sensor. I'm in a new city away from that fucker miles away.

Well that really sucks. Hopefully this guy knows what he is doing because a timing job should be trouble free for well over 60k miles. You might just want to have him do a leak down test first that would let a knowledgeable tech determine if valves are bent or not. Zero tolerance motor generally means if the belt breaks some valves are bent. If he is using aftermarket parts don't use the cheapest belt it is only half as thick and only comes w/ a 30 day warranty.

I guess I will find out. Thanks again man for the help and comments.

Got car back and all is good. Love my 7G!