The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tein drop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

tein drop

just bought some s tech springs, and i just wanted to drop the front of the car and leave the back stock since its fine how it is, can i do this, or will i get bad gas mileage, because thats what i was told would happen

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    You can do it but it would look ridiculous it so to me make your car unstable not sure about the gas mileage.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

You'll love it when you get into a wreck because the car's suspension is unstable. There were so many threads about this in the past and all of them were flamed on the op. Don't cheap it out and put the springs on all 4's.

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    im currently pullin it off but then again my shocks are bad so its kinda dropped in the rear w/o the teins & new shocks but i'll be droppin the rear soon
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

one way to find is if you yourself, go to your nearest running track...on your left foot put on a steel toe, or lugz boot, on your right foot put on an athletic sneaker do a couple laps and then let us know how you feel.

^^thats a really good comparison lol

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    You'll love it when you get into a wreck because the car's suspension is unstable. There were so many threads about this in the past and all of them were flamed on the op. Don't cheap it out and put the springs on all 4's.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    one way to find is if you yourself, go to your nearest running track...on your left foot put on a steel toe, or lugz boot, on your right foot put on an athletic sneaker do a couple laps and then let us know how you feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightbear View Post
    ^^thats a really good comparison lol
    That should be the complete answer for the op

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    just my 2 cents, Tein S-Techs are kinda bouncy, if you did that you would look like dr.dre in his "next episode" video. Now I have Tein coilovers which are a little stiff but handle so much better....

Your probably missing the GR-2's my brother(99galantES) is dropped on dropzone springs with GR-2's and its stiff as hell.

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

hmm never thought about that before, i guess ill just put all four of them on when they arrive, im lookin so forward to it, that gap in the front is so hard to live with

yea let us know how it goes im wanting to do mine
    i want to know how much of a drop for the front and back and if it bouncy or not.

also do you have a link to which ones you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    yea let us know how it goes im wanting to do mine
    i want to know how much of a drop for the front and back and if it bouncy or not.

also do you have a link to which ones you got?
    yea. i got them off of ebay. just type in galant lowerin springs. then refine you search to tein springs only.mine were 183 free shipping. ill send you the link when i get home. internet on my phone is not the greatest sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by 8g-rider View Post
    yea. i got them off of ebay. just type in galant lowerin springs. then refine you search to tein springs only.mine were 183 free shipping. ill send you the link when i get home. internet on my phone is not the greatest sometimes.
    ok thanks man

also are you on stock shock?
    Last edited by Keven; 09-26-2010 at 08:56 AM

never use stock struts/shocks w/ lowering springs always replace the struts/springs when putting on lowering springs
    - Chris -

Make sure you don't forget the GR-2's lol. I don't know why but the S techs for the v6 offer a bigger drop. Not saying to get them cuz the I4 is way lighter n won't be the same drop.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Rach3T8G View Post
    never use stock struts/shocks w/ lowering springs always replace the struts/springs when putting on lowering springs
    oops looks like i did a no no. guess ill get net struts and shocks when the old ones go out. how much are struts usually runnin for?

got mine off ebay for $210 free shipping
    - Chris -

Quote Originally Posted by 8g-rider View Post
    just bought some s tech springs, and i just wanted to drop the front of the car and leave the back stock since its fine how it is, can i do this, or will i get bad gas mileage, because thats what i was told would happen

you want your galant is so like this in the back

At advance auto parts I got my GR-2's $65ea for the front n $70ea for the back.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    ok thanks man

also are you on stock shock?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
    thats the link bro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast