The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: rim question?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Icon5 rim question?

hey forum,
    during the last 2 gas tanks, i've been filling my passenger front tire up with air. I went to discount tires today and i thought it was just a slow leak and come to find out, there's a crack in my rim! they put some sealent on the crack but hopefully it will hold up until i can replace ALL my rims. My question is can I buy a GTZ wheel & tire just for my front passenger tire? I have 18' rims and I wonder if I can get the GTZ wheel will my balance be completely off with the 1 different tire size?
    The 0ne & 0nly King D

well best bet craiglist

8th and 9th gen galants

They should have told you they can't fix it. A cracked rim is structurally no good. Replace it asap.

yea dont wanna ride on 3. maybe two but even that isnt a good look craigslist like posted above is the best option in a hurry.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    If the crack is bad you could always get it repaired(welded)

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

I've had 2 rims welded before and they both cracked again later. I actually found a guy selling 2 of the same rims on Craigslist. I was lucky as fuck to find them, just check it everyday. It was buy the 2 rims from dude (because they are discontinued) or scrap them or buy the moda r6's for $400. You might find a set on Craigslist that you like better or find the same rim/rims for sale. Goodluck with your search, I've spent the past few months searching.

As long as the outside diameter is very close you will be fine with the GTZ wheel until you buy a new set. 205-50-16 and 225-45-18 will have close to the same outside diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob21 View Post
    As long as the outside diameter is very close you will be fine with the GTZ wheel until you buy a new set. 205-50-16 and 225-45-18 will have close to the same outside diameter.
    No, they don't have the same outside diameter, and just no.

225/45R18 have a diameter of: 25.97"

205/50R16 have a diameter of: 24.07"

And running on a cracked (i.e. structurally damaged wheel) is crazy, and it should be off the car as soon as possible.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    what about 205/55/16 my 18's were about a quarter inch bigger when I put them together. (Just saying)

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

the rim is crack in the inside but it's a very small crack. maybe abt an inch. I'm definitely looking around but most likely, i'll just buy some stock tires... thanks for the input guys :)
    The 0ne & 0nly King D

Sorry i meant to say 205/55/16 and 225/40/18 have about the same diameter. Thanks for the catch.

ok i went on ebay and saw a 18' rim for the 09-10 galant. will it fit my 02? there's the link below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=280487994122
    Rim Information
    Rim Brand: Factory, OEM Number of Bolts: 5 Rim Material: Alloy
    Rim Width: 8 Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3 Rim Structure: One Piece
    The 0ne & 0nly King D

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

The link doesn't work for me but, yes 9g wheels fit on 8g's

4g64T 5spd

+1, hondakillergtz has them on his 8g.