The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: does anyone want to make a wiring harness for me?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

does anyone want to make a wiring harness for me?

Guys... it's been FOREVER.
    Anyways, I just purchased another 96 Galant as a project car.
    it's got no motor, or trans, and I'm trying to figure out which path to take.

I'm not looking for massive power, but if someone wants to do wiring for me, I'd go 4g63.
    if not, I'll just put a DOHC head on, and run a few psi for fun on a 4g64.

so... is there anyone that feels like making a harness, or pointing me at a REALLY simple walk-through?

ps... hi guys!!!!
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

if your gonna do a 4g63 swap you are going to be doing the same amount of wiring as if u do a dohc swap. unless you get a complete wiring harness for a 2g but then its prolly still easier just to do the wiring than to put a whole new harness in.
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

Well looky looky, it is the long lost Craig.

How you been man! Still got some great pictures of you other green 7G floating somewhere on my computer.

ahhh.. it's good to be back!
    I'm picking up the new project shortly, and I'm just trying to figure out what to do with it.

LS1 is out of the question... =0[
    Craig R.

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

if you buy a harness, ship it to me ill make rewire it and ship it back to you.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

buy what harness?
    stock galant, or dsm?
    Craig R.

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

stock galant harness or ship me the the one from your car, either way ill make you one for a decent price!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Whats up Craig! Long time man! I am doing a 4g64 DOHC build right now, non turbo for the time being. I might be up for making a second harness depending on how this one goes. I am waiting on a few more parts, but should be up and running in a week or two.

Like allrice said, it would be about the same amount of wiring for 4g63 or 4g64 dohc, you have to swap ECUs for both. Since its a 96, if you go 4g63t/4g64t DOHC, you can use a 2g GST/GSX ECU. If you stay 4g64 NT, you can do a 4g64 2g Spyder ECU.

Wiring a 2g ECU is VERY simple in comparison with wiring a 1g ECU. Heres on old tutorial that needs to be updated:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=19486
    Last edited by seth98esT; 09-27-2010 at 08:00 AM
    7g for life!

when deciding on a ecu its best to get a 95 eprom. i have a flashable 98 and i need to flash my computer to set base timing. with the 95-96 ecu it has wire u can ground to stop the ecu from adjusting timing. in my case since my ecu is newer it doesnt so now my car runs like poop cause my base timing is way off.
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

I'm just not eager to do wiring. I had issues with the old car, and the less I have to worry about the wiring, the better. not to mention, I lost all the old wiring info I had.

when I get the car, I'll pull the harness out, and see...
    I'm glad to hear that there's a couple people willing to help, though.
    Craig R.

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr