The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TI: Southwest Gathering/Cruise

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Experienced TGC Member

TI: Southwest Gathering/Cruise

This is being posted here as well as GT, and Club3g to gain interest of something for next year.

At this point nothing is "set" for dates, or meeting location. I have spent a while checking out different locations as well as the mileage from major cities within Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah to try and make the meeting point as "fair" as possible. The idea here is a "4 Corners Meet," so I have plotted some short "road trips" within a 200 mile radius from the 4 corners area (Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico). This would be a great opportunity for us all to meet up, photoshoots, videos, and more.

Two possibilities I have right now for meeting locations are the following (with mileage from city). Keep in mind I am looking for a good central spot to ensure we all have an "average" driving distance to and from this meet. Don't forget that in addition to just the meeting place there will be a "cruise" through some of the roads in the area we meet up at (likely another 2-3 hours driving time we would spend that day).

Teec Nos Pos, AZ - Very Small town (700 population so likely no hotels), about 6 miles from 4 Corners Monument.
    From Albuquerque - 230 mi
    From Denver - 425 mi
    From Phoenix - 360 mi
    From Salt Lake City - 380 mi

Cortez, CO - Larger City, 40 miles from 4 Corners Monument (Places to stay like hotels)
    From Albuquerque - 250 mi
    From Denver - 380 mi
    From Phoenix - 410 mi
    From Salt Lake City - 350 mi

There is another option such as meeting in Shiprock, NM, though a farther drive for those from the Phoenix area. If you have other suggestions please post them up and get some input here.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Cortez is just 45 minutes west of me. Kind of a lame place, I went to high school there. Durango on the other hand kicks much ass ;) It is a college town so way better night life. Plus it is a good spot for family guys to hit. There is the Durango Narrow Gauge Railroad for the family, river rafting or skiing depending on season and lots of locally brewed beer plus plenty of hotels. There are also some bitchin' mountain roads to go cruise.

Tec Nos Pos would suck. I've driven through many times. No good roads to cruise, no good places to eat (that I've found) and nothing for people to do.

If the meet is near the 4-corners you can likely count on my being there. You may want to invite people from the DSM/Evo/3s forums too just to get some turnout.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Experienced TGC Member
    Thanks for the input man, I will add that to the other postings. I was thinking about Durango as an option as well, just not sure how far people from the Phoenix area are willing to travel.

www.blackheartmotors.net

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    you can crash in my Ex's place in Phoenix, she wont know your coming though just storm in all as a group haha

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

I don't think PHX was one of the meeting options suggested. I do know a few people in the hotel business in Durango though. If we confirm a group coming here I can try to work out a deal for a block of rooms somewhere in town. I can also help plan out some good cruise routes and a group lunch/dinner etc.

Here is a little info on the town: http://www.durango.com/durango_information.asp

Here is one of my favorite drives: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idXrl...x=0&playnext=1
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Experienced TGC Member
    Phoenix isn't really a good central location for everybody to do this type of meet. Durango is a good option to toss into the mix, I am familiar with the Million Dollar Highway as well and that would be an epic cruise route.

Kind of playing the "waiting" game right now for any others to put some input into this, so far I have only received input from one member in AZ and eclipsh here in SW Colorado.

www.blackheartmotors.net

I think we should base the meet of a central location from whomever seems interested, no need to base it off people who dont wanna go. I would wanna do it depending on when it is next year, maybe coincide it with my roadtrip.

Experienced TGC Member
    Yea, if we can't get others in on this then we will coordinate the meet within those guidelines.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Well that sucks hopefully it's not too far of a drive for me. I am interested in attending hopefully other az members will too.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stvn_mj View Post
    Well that sucks hopefully it's not too far of a drive for me. I am interested in attending hopefully other az members will too.
    I know man. I have this posted on C3g, GT, and Mitsu-Media but nothing has been hit up except here and GT by you and eclipsh. If anything I think the meet will end up in SW Colorado most likely the way things are shaping up.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    I know man. I have this posted on C3g, GT, and Mitsu-Media but nothing has been hit up except here and GT by you and eclipsh. If anything I think the meet will end up in SW Colorado most likely the way things are shaping up.
    Honestly that would not hurt my feelings at all lol, have you posted this on high altitude imports??, there may be a few mitsus on there somewhere amungst all the honda boys lol.

Any updates on this? I would love to go wherever seeing as this is my last week of school.

bump

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    We should still do this...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)