The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Head unit / Stereo Mounting incorrect ?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Icon5 Head unit / Stereo Mounting incorrect ?

Hi everyone,

I notice that the mounting of my head unit in my car is different then everyone else.

The difference is that my head unit just hangs in the hole of the wood bezel instead of it being attached to the dash...it's just slid into the hole. In fact, I can pull the head unit out with one hand without taking off the wood bezel.

Shouldn't it be bolted to something? I've looked inside the dash but there's nothing to "bolt" the head unit on to.

If it helps, my car has been broken into twice and the head units were stolen both times. Perhaps they've broken something?
    Last edited by hpa350n; 09-28-2010 at 01:10 AM

When I first got the G, that was my case also. There should be to metal brackets screw to the radio on each side if there isn't, then you cant mount it. those brackets will have a spot for a screw way in the back and two tabs to slide into the dash upfront behind the wood bezel.

You need those brackets other wise you will have to trim the opening on the bezel to fit an aftermarket radio, by putting the sleeve in and then the radio slides in the bracket, but of course much easier to steal. maybe look into an alarm while your a the audio store
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 09-28-2010 at 01:45 PM

your orginal radio probably still has the brakets on it un screw them and mount them on to ur new deck

Quote Originally Posted by joegalant View Post
    your orginal radio probably still has the brakets on it un screw them and mount them on to ur new deck
    I thought he said they stole it

Are these brackets available at the store? Do they have a special name for it? I can't seem to find them on ebay.

The two screws you mentioned...is it the black one on the side?

Here is a pic of the Brackets...

You mount them in where the red arrows are.
    From here on the brackets....

To inside your dash...

I can sell you mine since I'm not using them... $10.00 shipped.
    Where in cali are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I thought he said they stole it
    i skimmed though lol

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaGalant View Post
    Here is a pic of the Brackets...

You mount them in where the red arrows are.
    From here on the brackets....

To inside your dash...

I can sell you mine since I'm not using them... $10.00 shipped.
    Where in cali are you from?
    And from the picture with the a/c controls with the red arrow, theres a screw on the other side too, good luck with this and think about investing in a security system for your car

Thank you so much for the offer BayAreaGalant! I will send you a PM tomorrow. I live in Los Angeles by the way.

And I will certainly look into getting some sort of security system.

Thanks all for your input!

I drilled new holes in front of the factory ones to set the radio a little farther back for a more "flushed" look.

Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

i installed a sony xplod head unit earlier today, but the trim piece around the radio doesn't fit in the console bezel thing. i took off the head unit trim piece and now it all fits but doesn't look good because there is space around the h.u. anyone know what i can do?

You will have to drill new holes in the bracket or possibly just enlarge the existing holes since you dont need the radio moved forward very much.Just elongate the hole,like a slot shape,then you can move it out enough for the trim to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
    I drilled new holes in front of the factory ones to set the radio a little farther back for a more "flushed" look.

hey man i got the same deck exept mines lights up blue i love this thing

Quote Originally Posted by jermyjerm View Post
    You will have to drill new holes in the bracket or possibly just enlarge the existing holes since you dont need the radio moved forward very much.Just elongate the hole,like a slot shape,then you can move it out enough for the trim to fit.
    i did that and it worked great. only had to enlarge the current hole about 1 1/2 cm. Thanks man!!

Glad I could help!

Quote Originally Posted by hpa350n View Post
    Thank you so much for the offer BayAreaGalant! I will send you a PM tomorrow. I live in Los Angeles by the way.

And I will certainly look into getting some sort of security system.

Thanks all for your input!
    if u end up getting that from BayareaG and need help with install hit me up im in riverside...about 45 min or so depending what part of LA u live in.

Thanks for the offer ezekiel.glnt but I've managed to get it installed.

My head unit had screw holes on the side that matched the brackets that BayAreaGalant sent me. Everything mounted properly.

I ended up not using the "basket" that came with the head unit. The only thing was the thin frame that goes around the faceplate can't be attached anymore just like 03GalantEs mentioned.