The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VR4 Engine

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

VR4 Engine

Now i've heard alot bout this engine... I'm gettin a Galant VR4 Turbo engine (japan spec) put in my car in june....I can't seem to find the specs on it anywhere

Can someone help me please

awd. 2.5L Twin turbo V6

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

the only difference pinoy, is that this engine was built specific to my car, so the gear ratio has been changed and the guys who built it are making it work with the tranny i have... plus i'm wondering if i should change it to rear wheel drive to get some more pick up

TGC Regular
    daaaamn thats a lota work to put in bro let me know how it turns out if it goes well i might jump in with ya sounds like a fun project.
    - Atba

Senior TGC Member
    Wow nice project...but good luck with the RWD fitment. There's not much room to work with back there.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Rallifan, I know. I recently was up under the car and might jus keep the FWD. I'm looking forward to gettin this all done before the summer starts and showin whoever is near me the setup once it's complete....

which tranny are you going to use from the v6 or I4?

6a13TT-280hp coming from a 2.5L V6 dohc twin turbo (td04 9b's) upgradable to 13g or 15g i haVE a turbo upgrade for it if you need it. also pics of everything I have done thus far

6a13TT is a 2L V6
    the 6g72? is the 2.5L

or... am I wrong?
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Quote Originally Posted by g96nt
    6a13TT is a 2L V6
    the 6g72? is the 2.5L

or... am I wrong?
    ur of by half a liter. the 6a13 is a 2.5 and the 6g72 is a 3.0

Nick VR4
    VR4 engines need 98 octane fuel
    And do not like booster additives
    Service is every 4500 miles
    Parts are not cheap and possibly hard to get hold off in USA

the I4 tranny is out of the question..So if the V6 tranny has the same location as the starter of the 6a13 then its a new game. So somebody wreck they car lol j/k

g96: lol thats funny should have just taken my word for it..something I do know

nick: I proved that 98 octane wrong already

what the hell is The 6a12? 2L V6 + mivec.....

93-95 galant vr4

I thought the only difference between The 12, and 13 were the MIVEC
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

the 6a12 is a 2.0L opposed to the 6a13 that is 2.5L. both are 6 cyl motors. and o yea the 6a12 is also available with and without mivec

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g96nt)</div><div class='quotemain'>what the hell is The 6a12? 2L V6 + mivec.....

93-95 galant vr4

I thought the only difference between The 12, and 13 were the MIVEC</div>

Another point is the 6a12 is also found in the fto which year Im not sure of. but that lil 2.0L puts out enough power for cars much much larger....someone in the mood to import a few lol. And the 12 is or shares the same layout as your 7g and the 13 is based on our 8g