The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Looking for spare parts: Hood, right fender, filler panel

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Looking for spare parts: Hood, right fender, filler panel

Hey guys,

I've been looking for a new hood, passenger side fender, and front filler panel for a while now, trying to find them cheap. Anyone have these parts spare that they want to sell?

(Also needed, but not required: Interior plastic piece that fits around the auto shifter, driver and passenger airbags)

If need be, I've got a working A/C compressor that I can trade.

Thanks!
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

1997 Galant ES with '94-95 style front end and '97 style rear

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i got the airbags i believe.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

I can go to the junkyard and pick up the trim peice for you

Interior plastic piece that fits around the auto shifter
    its about 10 dollars at the jk

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    how soon do you need these parts? i will son be looking to get rid of my current hood as i have a carbon fiber one going on after the winter
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    how soon do you need these parts? i will son be looking to get rid of my current hood as i have a carbon fiber one going on after the winter
    there really is no rush for the body panels. how much would you let go of the hood for?
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by mygalantwasfree View Post
    there really is no rush for the body panels. how much would you let go of the hood for?
    where are you located? i dont want shipping to kill you and then charge you a lot. my new hood is going on after the winter along with 2 new fenders and t bar. both of my fenders are dented but fixable and the hood has a few pits but nothing major.

im up here in CT so i wonder how much shipping would be
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    where are you located? i dont want shipping to kill you and then charge you a lot. my new hood is going on after the winter along with 2 new fenders and t bar. both of my fenders are dented but fixable and the hood has a few pits but nothing major.

im up here in CT so i wonder how much shipping would be
    I'm in Boone, North Carolina. Ehh I think that shipping may be pricey

Quote Originally Posted by mygalantwasfree View Post
    I'm in Boone, North Carolina. Ehh I think that shipping may be pricey
    how far is that from chatanooga Tennessee as thats where my other house and the new hood and fenders are. if you could meet me at that house after i swapped my parts over you can take everything come spring time. pm me an offer on the stuff.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I pmed you back with the airbag stuff

here is a site I found with some of the best prices I have seen....I need a hood as well and some other body pieces. I am more than likely gonna order here

http://www.carpartswholesale.com/

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Thanks for the post. They have some good prices. Their data base is not 100% accurate. If you select 94 Galant GS engine assembly (long Block) they list it as a SOHC when it should be DOHC. Interestingly enough the price for the 94 Galant GS engine is the same as a 94 Galant ES engine assembly (between $1750 and $2000 depending on which part # you select. If you then check the price for a 98 Galant ES the price is bewteen $1061 and $1386 depending on part number. Isn't the only difference for a long block engine assembly bewteen a 94 and a 98 the location of the crankshaft speed sensor?
    Last edited by eksz; 10-23-2010 at 11:52 AM
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

94 galant gs block is casted different as it doesn't have the holes for the oil drain that the sohc head uses.
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

actually the 94 GS has the crank sensor where the crank sensor is for 96-98

93-95 which by sales is 94-96 have different main bearings than 96-97 and again by sales is 97-98
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

As far as the airbags go, they were both deployed before I got my car.

So, does this mean that I'll need a new SRS computer AND airbags? or just airbags? Is the SRS computer a one-time-use thing?

I also suspect that I'll need a new driver's side seatbelt too, as it was involved in the crash.

Thanks for the site. I checked and they got tons on discount group buys. Plus they ship to. I'm buying a Body Panel for my old G.

I swear, the often miscellaneous parts we take for granted are sometimes the most hardest to scramble for.

on the topic of the thread, I find most parts from the chop-shop.
    Last edited by ValiantGalant; 11-23-2010 at 12:56 AM
    I wanna be a Billionaire... so freakin' bad...