The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New to The Center and Newly Purchased Galant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    Why the hell do u guys call the Altezzas Euros?? FIrst of all those light aint popular over here at all and second of all the tails in asia is the same we have on our Gs in little europe ;) Dont put the euro name into the fugly TYC tails
    hahahahahahah, welcome, to have to trim a headlight tab a little if i remeber correctly. I am sure anyone who is somewhat handy with thier hands then they could do it. many memeber sould help walk you through it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    Why the hell do u guys call the Altezzas Euros?? FIrst of all those light aint popular over here at all and second of all the tails in asia is the same we have on our Gs in little europe ;) Dont put the euro name into the fugly TYC tails
    hahahahahahah, welcome, to have to trim a headlight tab a little if i remeber correctly. I am sure anyone who is somewhat handy with thier hands then they could do it. many memeber sould help walk you through it.
    huh? what does that have to do w/ a european objecting to people calling altezzas euro?

and if you are talking about mounting JDM headlights... it takes much more than trimming a tab. i wrote a tutorial for JDM headlights almost 10 years ago. here u go:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=14544

hudsont8
    I'm thinking about just replacing the head lights with the OEM ebay "projector" head lights. But here is my question. On this ebay ad, there is a Black mesh grill with a red mits logo in the middle. WHERE CAN I GET THIS Grille, and is this a simple mod, I'm trying to just replace these without any further mods/cutting.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-03...ht_6174wt_1165

Icon1

Quote Originally Posted by hudsont8 View Post
    I'm thinking about just replacing the head lights with the OEM ebay "projector" head lights. But here is my question. On this ebay ad, there is a Black mesh grill with a red mits logo in the middle. WHERE CAN I GET THIS Grille, and is this a simple mod, I'm trying to just replace these without any further mods/cutting.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-03...ht_6174wt_1165
    It's a normal grille that comes with the 99-01 galante here in the US except it'd been modified by cutting of the fins and and they just put the rear Mitsubishi logo on the front. If you want to buy the eBay headlighs go ahead but it won't fit that previous grille you said you bought. JDM headlights will fit that grille and to be honest most of the quality on some of the eBay headlights aren't the best. The JDM headlights have to be modified to fit on our cars but it's nothing too hard trust me I'm sure you will like the JDM headlights better than the eBay ones.

Oh yea welcome to TGC :D
    Last edited by Da_Prodigy; 10-02-2010 at 11:27 PM

blue8g
    To the OP

Just get some 02/03 heads, do the mod Prodigy just described, throw on an integra lip, drop it, wheels.

BANG. Car will look great.

hudsont8
    So just cut out the fins... obviously sand it down and paint it. Then just throw a Back End logo on there. And that will look that sharp?? I REALLY LIKE THAT LOOK, from that ebay post.

That grill. But thats all I got to do? Cut out the fins, sand it down, and paint it black?? If so, I think that is the plan... Because that look is winning me over. I'm not trying to win any competitions, just want a daily driver that looks pretty sick.

I haven't ordered anything yet... But I'm thinking that I'll end up with the ebay lights, if that grill mod is as easy as that.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsont8 View Post
    So just cut out the fins... obviously sand it down and paint it. Then just throw a Back End logo on there. And that will look that sharp?? I REALLY LIKE THAT LOOK, from that ebay post.

That grill. But thats all I got to do? Cut out the fins, sand it down, and paint it black?? If so, I think that is the plan... Because that look is winning me over. I'm not trying to win any competitions, just want a daily driver that looks pretty sick.

I haven't ordered anything yet... But I'm thinking that I'll end up with the ebay lights, if that grill mod is as easy as that.
    There's a tutorial on that one... Make sure you paint the radiator support black as well. If i can find the link Reelax posted on one of my threads i'll share; it includes a full list of tutorials. You can also open the heads up, and paint the insides (not the reflectors) black. Clear 'em too.
    -Andrew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12