The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: spoiler question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

spoiler question

USDM VS JDM?

I'm trying to figure out which spoiler is USDM and which is JDM for our 8th gen galants

USDM?

JDM?

This picture appears to be an oem VR-4 car.

I have never been this confused about usdm and jdm parts lol. I think it's driving me crazy.
    Last edited by keith6110; 10-05-2010 at 10:43 PM

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    they both look the same to me
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

ohh lol, forgot to point out the obvious. The JDM? one has a smaller light than the USDM? one

The one with the smaller light it also located near the middle of the spoiler instead of the end.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    The "JDM?" one is BJ's car right? Anyway my USDM spoiler looks exactly like that. The LED section is kind of "sunken in" to the spoiler, with some nice accent lines. It's hard to tell with the top image because it's kind of blurry, but are the LEDs flush with the edge of the spoiler? If so, then that is not a USDM spoiler

I think both of those are uSDM. The one at the bottom definitely is a USDM galant too. Here's a picture I found, it pretty much coincides with your description ^^

yeah I'm pretty sure the USDM spoiler is essentially the VR-4 spoiler or whatever

for some reason i was thinking that the gtz came with a different spoiler than say an es. but i may be wrong i have that first one you posted on my car. so i know for sure thats usdm.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Hard to tell with top pic but the 2nd pic definitely is USDM

i'll look it up on CAPS later... i think they might be the same part# hence same part.

fyi, all USDM 8G's that were equipped with a stock spoiler used the same exact one.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    only variance you'll find between usdm is whether there oem or non-oem i have a non-oem the led strip is a bit longer..and i have clear led strip

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    only variance you'll find between usdm is whether there oem or non-oem i have a non-oem the led strip is a bit longer..and i have clear led strip
    Okay, the led strip on mine is clear as well. The spoiler I have is the one with the light flush with the end. I went and bought the other spoiler thinking its jdm. Maybe the long led was a 99 only thing?

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

according to USDM CAPS:

GTZ cal/fed/can spec spoiler = PNC 70408
    LS V6 cal/fed/can spec spoiler = PNC 70408
    ES V6 cal/fed/can spec spoiler = PNC 70408

according to JDM CAPS:

JDM VR-4 (EC5A) spoiler = PNC 70408
    JDM VR-G (EA1A) spoiler = PNC 70408

so basically, the difference between the OEM USDM spoiler and the OEM JDM spoiler is shipping and customs fees.

this might be why u are having a hard time figuring out the differences... the spoiler just happens to be one of those rare parts that the USDM and JDM share.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    according to USDM CAPS:

GTZ cal/fed/can spec spoiler = PNC 70408
    LS V6 cal/fed/can spec spoiler = PNC 70408
    ES V6 cal/fed/can spec spoiler = PNC 70408

according to JDM CAPS:

JDM VR-4 (EC5A) spoiler = PNC 70408
    JDM VR-G (EA1A) spoiler = PNC 70408

so basically, the difference between the OEM USDM spoiler and the OEM JDM spoiler is shipping and customs fees.

this might be why u are having a hard time figuring out the differences... the spoiler just happens to be one of those rare parts that the USDM and JDM share.

Thanks for sticking your hands and my thread and doing some research man. I had posted a better pic of the first spoiler. I had found a pic I took of my car to give people a better idea.

The first pic has 4 screws for the spoiler led where the 2nd pic has 2 screws.

So do we conclude both are USDM?

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

i think that someone stated the only differences would be OEM vs. aftermarket. even the LED part#'s match up through CAPS. i did not check for original/update differences (8GA v. 8GB). maybe there is a difference there? i will look later.

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    I think both of those are uSDM. The one at the bottom definitely is a USDM galant too. Here's a picture I found, it pretty much coincides with your description ^^

Mine is like that. I saw my friend GTZ spoiler and hes is different than mines.

look
    Last edited by Isaurio; 10-05-2010 at 08:10 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Alright thanks guys. I guess I'm putting the non gtz on lol. I like it better than mine on my car so. Thanks for doing some research and giving me some general knowledge about these 2 spoilers. I guess the only offical JDM spoiler would be the super vr4 high rise wing.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Alright thanks guys. I guess I'm putting the non gtz on lol. I like it better than mine on my car so. Thanks for doing some research and giving me some general knowledge about these 2 spoilers. I guess the only offical JDM spoiler would be the super vr4 high rise wing.
    The super vr4 is way different

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

I'm confused.. what does yours look like Keith?

umm i am confused... GTZ, non GTZ, and JDM are exactly the same in regards to the spoiler according to mitsubishi... C.A.P.S. (CAR AUTO PARTS SEARCH) is MMC/MMNA's official parts identifier/look up program... if they were different parts, they would have different part numbers. the differences you are seeing appear to b between OEM and aftermarket parts.

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    ^thats what i thought
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast