The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hyundai's XG300/350 Interior Compatibility

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    TGC Regular

Hyundai's XG300/350 Interior Compatibility

Well today I went to the local pull a part here in Greensboro looking for the parts to fix my Galant. After getting what I needed, I come across a Hyundai XG350(Sorry V6 guys the engine was gone) and looked inside at the interior. The first thing I noticed were the chrome door handles which are shaped almost like the Galant's. So I took one the door handles and took it back to the Galant in the yard and what do you know they fit. With some minor modification of course, the black shroud that fits over the door handle also fits. So all you guys looking for chrome door handles check out the XG300/350's.

I'm about 100% sure the bottom part of the rear seats fit inside the Galant's. Now the upper part I couldn't get off, not sure if I was missing a bolt/nut/screw but I couldn't get the two outer most parts out. If it wasn't for the rat feces piled in the trunk I would have spent more time trying to get them off. But they looked as if they could fit. I think the front seats will also fit but I couldn't get them off because they were electric. I couldn't move the seats back far enough to get to the bolts. The XG350 interior is black leather and the interior at the pull a part was in great condition. They just need some cleaning.

To my surprise the rear door panels will fit the Galant's with some trimming along the rear edge of the panel and using the plastic brackets that held it in place in the XG350. But you will have move the door handle down and use the XG350 connecting rods. Basically with mis match Galant and XG300 parts you can get the rear door panels to work. The front panels are a bit different, the XG350 speakers will get in the way of the Galant's dash.

I also took the electronic climate from the car just for the hell of it, so I can play around with it. It looks likes the Diamante's so it may work. I'm going back Saturday with a camera so I can show you guys. I'll post pics of the chrome door handles and climate control to tonight.

Last edited by remarque; 10-05-2010 at 12:21 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

NICE. by the look of it. they do fit.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

anybody else try this?

The only way is to test it out. Check the bold patterns and front clips from both cars and compare. You could do it before they take the car.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

post pics after you install it.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    This would be awesome Im so tired of my Grey leather !

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Tan interior ftw!!! lol I would like to see how this turns out.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    how bout the front seats? got pics and know if they fit?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Good find!

after seeing a bunch of pics, doesnt the interior of the xg350 look like an jdm 8g? i think op struck GOLD!!!!!!

what years for the hyundai

never mind i found it: Check this shit out

The Grandeur XG was a mid-size luxury car. In some other markets, namely North America, it was called the Hyundai XG. The first two generations were essentially rebadged Mitsubishi Debonairs, with the third generations developed entirely by Hyundai, with technical experience learned from the first two generations. It shared a platform and engines with the Kia Opirus (Amanti in North America). After their success with the Grandeur, Hyundai decided to develop the next generation Grandeur on their own from the ground up with the technology they have accumulated through the past Grandeur generations. This allowed Hyundai to export the XG outside South Korea without any possible legal issues.

updates on this??? lol

I found an XG300 at my junkyard. Took out the chrome door handles surprise surprise the screws fit the 8g including the plastic clip. But that's about it. The seats may need to swap rails and the rear seats "looks" like it can be swapped directly. I can't bring a camera there so please noobs don't ask me for pics just imagine it in your heads.

nice nice thanks 4 the update bro

If anyone still read this forum, rear seat from xg300/350 does NOT fit.
    Bottom clips are 1 inch wider on xg and got different shape.
    Top (even without mounting) is wider and door does not close.
    Top itself got different mounting brackets that doesn't fit 8g.
    Top sides (side support) are separate on xg (8g got one piece top part).
    Just threw away $40.
    Get 8g leather and repaint it!!!