The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g turbo diesel from Poland

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 50
    Wszyc

wauu, i never have seen or hear about a diesel galant, take a video, i want to listen it :D

100%nice!

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

Wszyc
    There're some videos in first post :)

Wszyc
    Yeah at last new engine

I got 3 engine mounts from the 4D68T and 1 mount from timing belt side from older 6generation galant gti I hope it going to fit with this mounts

Wszyc

after painting :)

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    whoa that looks awesome. i was thinking about getting my valve cover powder coated in black, but that finish looks amazing
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Wszyc
    I was thinking about powder coated it in a same blue color that your car is but my valve cover is in poor condition so I decided to paint it only and wait for some money for new one but now I think I'll stay with silver one... I hope I'll swap this engine before new year... We'll see

Really nice 7G you got there, makes me miss my old 7G Hatchback.....

Wszyc
    Swap is almost completed but I think that it's not what interest you people most
    becouse in US a 4G63 in 7g galant it's nothing new so i upload some of my old 4D68T photos :)

I did 4G63 to 4D68T swap in garage but all other work like elektrics, cooling, clutch install ( I forgot to buy 4G63 flywheel before swap )
    and lot of other stuff I did in this conditions....

It was the worst part of this project

For now I must install fuel pump and electrics

old photo without timebelt

Wszyc
    Some new photos:

90% of swap done I only must install ECU, fuel filter and alternator belt I hope the first start up will be in next week :)

Wszyc
    Today I was fighting with hot air gun to take off the sound deadening padds on the floor...
    After 3h I finished one side of a car

And I found another hole in my car ehh... this car is like cheese... Green part of floor is new because of rust... after I do something with that hole that I found today I'll repaint all floor and I'll install new sound deadening padds

Wszyc
    Hi!

I had a lot of problems with 4G63 engine and 4D68T tranny setup

the starter did not reach the flywheel I was trying to find bigger 6 bolt flywheel but I did not find anything so I decided to drill the tranny starter holes

It was a lot of work but now everything fits perfectly now I'm trying to start the engine
    today it started for about 3 sek on a fuel sprayed in to the intake so probably something is wrong with fuel system... (fuel pump is ok) tomorrow I'll try to look how injectors work

2.0 V6 Twin Turbo VR4 <-- there is probably no such a car in whole my coutry it's like myth for as
    in comparson, your car's probably a myth in itself over here, I had no idea Galants came in diesel past the third or fifth generation

good to have you over here in any case, good luck with the AWD swap and evo engine swap
    Last edited by foxbrand; 07-19-2011 at 09:57 PM

Wszyc
    after 8generation they stop to put diesels in galants :)

This is a 8g turbo diesel :) EA6A :)

^^ Fap.

Wszyc
    oakrdrs187 It was about a diesel in galant?
    I can tell you that is not a good engine :)
    The most of 4D68T after 150k miles have problems with compression

Engine don't like to go higher then 3000 rpm because they like to blow the headgasket if you ride like that for long time ( when you go 80mph on 5gear you got 3000rpm )

Good engine for an old man :)

It's nothing like your american diesel cars :) I know american cars with diesel engines are allmost indestructible :) But this little JDM diesel is not like them so I decided to go for 4G63 swap :)

Sorry for my English :)

I <3 turbo diesel powered cars.

No idea diesels were ever offered in 7Gs and 8Gs. Too bad they're weak by what info you're going on.

I know the diesel German cars (usually the MKIV Golfs and Jettas...or Bora for you Euros. ;) ) are a hoot to drive, and live forever.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Wszyc
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Wszyc?feature=mhee <--My channel you can find some of films of my 4D68T :)

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    as far as your starter issue, you have to make sure you have the correct starter and flywheel combination. FWD flywheel is a little larger than the AWD flywheel, but both will bolt up to the crank on your engine.

Also FWD starter will have shorter teeth than the AWD starter. soo make sure if your car is FWD you have both FWD starter and flywheel

FWD = front wheel Drive
    AWD = All wheel Drive

Also, if you are using the same tranny as the 4d68t, the gear ratios will probably be the same for the 4g63. Meaning, when you get to 80, your engine will still be revving 3000k. I would suggest if you are going for power and speed go with a tranny originally matched up with a performance 4g63. Here in the US. we have Eclipses that have 4g63t's and they have different gear ratios than the Galant with 4g64's. 64's have a larger first gear, than the eclipse turbo's. Mainly so the Eclipses could spool the turbo sooner. I opted to go with the Galant 5spd. Hope this makes sense.
    Last edited by Blue Ice; 07-21-2011 at 10:18 AM

Wszyc
    I got FWD flywheel, and FWD starter but have 6bolt from 6g galant GTi and 7g 4D68T tranny mayby something is different from petrol 7g tranny one thing was different: I read that the E56A, E55A engine mount will fit to 4G63 DOHC but it was to short.. But lucky to me diesel engine mount fits perfectly... diesel tranny is also bigger than AWD tranny so mayby there is more things we don't know...

About gear ratios: I know I want to make my 7g AWD so this tranny is here not for long
    but first thing to do will be add a turbo to my 4G63 N/A... I know I know it's a lot of money problably more than 4G63T cost but it's really hard to find 4G63T in my country

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast