The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel problem?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Fuel problem?

Well since the swap Ive run into this problem but thought it might be the fuelpump..
    The car starts and shut down imidiatly.
    Then when I start it is turns over and over, sometimes the battery comes almost dead.
    When it finally starts, it begin the idle rough, and than idle normally.
    If i turn it off and start it back,it starts right away...
    If I leave the car for some hours come back and start it,same problem ,does the same.
    I've changed the fuelpump, same problem....
    I took the return hose off the regulator,switch the car on, no gas comes from the regulator.
    I then cranks the engine over, still no gas comming from the regulator.
    I went and took the regulator off the rail, allot of gas came from the rail with allot of pressure.
    I've tried 3 regulator, but each one did the same...
    What else do I've the check for?

the best way to check if youre getting fuel is to remove the supply line off the fuel rail, put it in a bottle and have someone else crank the engine. Fuel must come out in a steady and heavy flow.

What youre describing sounds like the fuel system doesnt have enough pressure to start up the car. Yes when you pulled the regulator it squirted pressurized fuel, but probably not enough. The regulator is set to 48 psi, before it reaches these 48 psi theres no fuel coming out of the return line, so theres no fuel pressure there. You said you replaced the fuel pump, well good, still two more things to check - fuel filter and fuel pump relay. Fuel filter is cheap you should have it replaced anyway. The fuel pump relay(MPI) is tricky and its a common problem in 96 Galants. heres a tutorial on how to do the bypass. youll need a 94-95 MPI relay:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=29873
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Well found out the problem.
    I put the fuelpump pos wire directly on the batt, and fuel started to flow from the regulator.
    I have rewire the fuelpump pos. wire on a plug by the firewall in the engine compartment.
    The wire seems not to have much power on it...