The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sending commands to ecu

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

sending commands to ecu

This may be kind of advanced question but maybe somebody might know it considering i cant get the dsmtuners site to work for the past two days.
    I understand if you have a program such as pcmscan you can send commands to the ecu by physically typing in commands and pushing send, you can send commands repeatadly also. what im kind of wondering is if i can send a command to my ecu to freeze base timing so i can set my timing.
    Would kind of being like grounding the pin on the 95-96 2gs ecu to set timing or the 1g ecu. since I am running a 98 flashable ecu it doesnt have the function to just ground a pin. I do have the program to send commands but i dont know what command i would send. i have done some research and have not come up with much.
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

dude just buy evo scan will save you so many head ache's

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

i already have evoscan i bought it a month ago but with the cable im using it wont link up with it. i need the open port 1.3 or the open port 2.0. iv found like one program to work it and that is pcmscan. although im just using a trial version of it i can still use the command prompt on it to send commands. So i thought maybe i could try it without spending more money. i told ya man im broke lol.
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)