The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problem with tran

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    ARC M Power

Problem with tran

I bought my car with 68k miles and now 71k, i noticed the car knocks when changing from first to second gear sometimes, and sometimes on the high way when i press the O/D button, i hear a knock when the car downshifts, pretty annoying, thought it should be more smooth than that, is there nething i should aware of???

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    hmm, my doesn't knock, but during gear changes between 1, 2 and 3rd gear, the tranny doesn't shift right, and it kind of feels like it's stickshift, and someone is dropping the clutch too fast. i really hate it, cause it makes the car feel crappy, but i'm worried my soon-to-get nitrous will make it worse. galants are known for the worst brakes in the entire world, but their transmissions hold up most of the time.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I thought that the galant trannys were the worst in the world I aint hear nuthing about the breaks, and I dont like the way mine shifts either I go from 1 to 2 between 4000-6000 rpm's and it takes about 4 seconds for it to pick up.
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

mine is wack too it because of midas and freaking walmart... never go there... drained my tranny instead of the engine oil, right now my car knocks when i ever imm driving around 50 and i hit the gas the car shifts down one and then half a second later shifts again and i hear a noise while the car shakes after the second shifting.... :x pretty gay......
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

you probably have a twisted motor mount "bumper".
    located below the air cleaner box, the "bumpers", or smaller rubber pieces located on either side of the mount have been known to twist out of position. This then allows the aluminum mount to band into the chassis upon heavy acceleration, or during harder shifts.