The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alpine Deck issue

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Alpine Deck issue

Hey guys I am new to the forum. I have a 2000 Mitsubishi galant ES pushing 170k.
    Well anyways I just changed my factory deck which is the stock one not the infinity stereo to a alpine CDA 9856, and ever since i did that my radio signal dropped, and I get a lot of static which never happened on the factory deck. I was wondering if any of you guys have experienced this problem and know how to fix it.

Sorry no one answerd you at all. I hope you fixed it by now, but if not...sounds to me like you either forgot to hook up the antenna wire or its loose. Other than that I got nothin! LOL

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

same the only possibly thing i can think of is a problem with your antenna wire lol i had a bit of a hassle w that too so i soldered EVERYTHING in place lol, now my problem is my tint lol that damages your signal a lot since out antennas are built into the the rear windshield.

Yeah ive been looking all over for a fix. What i think it is, is that i need to connect the power antenna wire to the factory harness. Do you guys know which color wire it is on the factory harness? I thought that it would just be that big black cable that you plug in and thats it.

there is no Antenna wire on your harness. Its a thick black plug that looks simular to a headphone jack. Make sure its all the way in. Also if im correct your deck model does not come with a built in antenna amplifier like the stock did. so you will get a loss of signal from the rear window antenna and it will get worse when you use your rear defroster since thay share the same power line. If you have tints and they are bubbling/cracking/peeling they can crack the antenna strips as well.

thank you so much! This has been bugging me for some many days. What stereos do you know of that have a antenna power amp, additionally, I actually changed my deck to a kenwood MP745u. do you know what if this one has an amp?

You could always mount one of those stubby black antennas,they look pretty cool IMO.The ones that sit just above the back glass centered on the roof.

you would have to drill the roof to run the wires though....just remember that

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Yeah I am not that desperate. Im hoping that this kenwood has a antenna power amp, and its just my antenna wiring is bad.

Where do you find out if a HU has antenna power amp? I have a feeling that most new HU have them already built in.

check out crutchfield.com
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by ganold54 View Post
    Where do you find out if a HU has antenna power amp? I have a feeling that most new HU have them already built in.
    your head unit has power antenna if it comes HDRradio equipped, Satalite radio Equipped Or Bluetooth equiped or with Navi. If it comes with any of those equipped then it has a power antenna port. some use an external black box and that black box is the power port for the antenna. Equipped means its part of the radio. If your rado says READY then that just means that you can add those features to it. However when you add those features they come with the little black box that has the antenna hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by ganold54 View Post
    Yeah I am not that desperate. Im hoping that this kenwood has a antenna power amp, and its just my antenna wiring is bad.
    If your antenna is bad in the window you can get it repaired , but if its bad in more than one spot the cost of Replacing the glass with Defroster/Antenna is about $350 compared to
    Roof mount power antenna $50
    Portable drill $50
    Drill Bit $8
    30 minutes to do it yourself Free

EDIT{factor more like two hours}-if youve never removed /replaced your headliner and rocker panels.
    Last edited by jubeiaire; 11-18-2010 at 03:19 PM

I am going to look into it this weekend and see whats up. I am going to connect my stock HU and see if that has bad reception and if it does then its the antenna if it doesn't then I am not wiring something correctly or galants don't work well with after market HU's.

So I plugged my old HU in and still the radio gets static. My only guess is that there is something wrong with the antenna wire somewhere in the car.

are you just getting static on specific stations oor on all stations.

theres static here and there on all the stations.

get a bettter alpine they have built in amplifiers for the antennas. i have one but you will have to spend $300 and i have a 2000 with 120000 miles on it with jl audios in the doors and infinitis on the rear deck with amps

Could you link me the Alpine you have? I just returned my Kenwood so I have my stock deck in.