The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63 Swap?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

4g63 Swap?

I have a 2001 2.4l I4 galant motor I believe 4g64? If i get a 4g63 (evo 8) motor would it be just as simple as putting in a replacement 4g64 or would it need a lot of modifications?

blue8g
    Search. Been discussed over 9000 times

I think its my computer but im not sure, Everytime i serach it gives a me a blank white screen -___- Could you possibly link it? Im not trying to be annoying, sorry if I am.

My engine is a 4G63 2.0l but with SOHC head and only 137hp but the engineblock is the same as the 4G63T from Evo. That engine should be a good fit in my engine bay and i reckon its the same in the US Galants

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    My engine is a 4G63 2.0l but with SOHC head and only 137hp but the engineblock is the same as the 4G63T from Evo. That engine should be a good fit in my engine bay and i reckon its the same in the US Galants
    Thanks, Cause my i have a feeling my engine might blow soon...its been running odd lately and i just wanted to know if i could swap it in easily...Also Would the parts like the A/c, radiator and etc.. fit?

That i dont know. If the A/C unit is at the same place in the front/bottom right possition it might fit. Dont know about the radiator clearance since the top is much wider (DOHC)

No.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

No as in the radiator wont fit? :P

yup, the flux capacitor wont either...

on a serious note.

It's about an 8k modification when it is all said and done.

Trust me, I've priced it out. And that's without labor.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Whats a flux capacitor? Just explain what it does and ill understand what it is :P Dont know all of the English mechanical words

lol. I was joking it's the thing in the Delorean from Back to the future. lol

Aaah. Fuck i feel dumb now. But then again. I havnt seen BTF in ages

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    Whats a flux capacitor? Just explain what it does and ill understand what it is :P Dont know all of the English mechanical words
    hahah... it provides 1 million Jigawatts of electricity.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Lol thanks guys....so what could I do? My car isn't that great and I want more power.... lol

Turbo, 5 speed , and rebuild. But most of the stuff in the 8g performance setion that is stickied will help you with what you need.