Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 71 of 71
    blue8g
    My stock Civic killed the G IMO

and my G had tein springs and grippy tires

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post

an 88-91 civic probably weighs 1000 pounds less than an 8g galant so handling had more to do w/ the weight than w/ the suspension.

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    an 88-91 civic probably weighs 1000 pounds less than an 8g galant so handling had more to do w/ the weight than w/ the suspension.
    I understand that. I'm pointing out my experience regarding springs on 8g vs. Civic, which is what he's coming from

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar

how does this have anything to do with this thread?
    EDIT: ohhh didn't see that OP had a civic
    Last edited by beam514; 10-13-2010 at 06:53 PM

I understand that. I'm pointing out my experience regarding springs on 8g vs. Civic, which is what he's coming from
    plus you had a DE which means you didn't have a rear sway bar... it makes a big difference.

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    plus you had a DE which means you didn't have a rear sway bar... it makes a big difference.
    that's a good point

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
    As you probably guessed, I'm not the average grandpa driver, I'm not a crazy ass driver 24/7, but when I do speed, swerve, and high speed corner, I like to be confident and know my machine can handle it.
    you have to get to know your car. ask Racenos and Ivory_G how i handled my car with just stock suspension and heavy chrome 19's lol

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

I know 8/3g guys like them, from everywhere else I hear negative stuff about them.

They're fine for a cheap coil-over set-up. I wouldn't buy them but that's just me.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/v...e-p-14421.html

Would want if I still had an 8g
    You wouldn't buy them???? Is that why you asked me how much I wanted for mine when I was thinking about selling them?. Megan's are not garbage. Mine have a ton of DD miles and 5 track days in them with custom stiffer rear spring rates and they are just now starting to blow in the rear. The ride does not bounce unless I hit a massive bump and then the rear will bob for a second or two and then settle. Its all about setup preload, dampening,ride height even camber and toe affect it. I hade agx with eibach springs before and let me tell you you can make the ride coilover stiff easily if you set them to 4
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    You wouldn't buy them???? Is that why you asked me how much I wanted for mine when I was thinking about selling them?. Megan's are not garbage. Mine have a ton of DD miles and 5 track days in them with custom stiffer rear spring rates and they are just now starting to blow in the rear. The ride does not bounce unless I hit a massive bump and then the rear will bob for a second or two and then settle. Its all about setup preload, dampening,ride height even camber and toe affect it. I hade agx with eibach springs before and let me tell you you can make the ride coilover stiff easily if you set them to 4
    I wanted them for dumpedness

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    I agree. I know lots of people adjusting em the wrong way and then complain about bouncing and so on. All 4 of mine has no pressure in the shocks so now it bounces like hell since the G is resting on the springs only
    And i just found out that my K-Sport set has lasted for about 80.000km as a daily driven car and 4 times on track :D And thats not bad for a "cheap" set of coilovers ;)
    Last edited by ShiZnitH; 10-14-2010 at 11:29 AM

TGC Regular
    i have tein ss set at the recommended setting which is i think around 3 inches lower than stock? i dont remember. but i HATE driving the galant to LA.... i lost a sideskirt to a speedbump in chinatown :( felt like i drove over a parking block.
    Your signature is too long.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234