The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2000 galant ES rear door speakers

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

2000 galant ES rear door speakers

So In my galant i don't have any rear door speakers, and i have some extra speakers laying around so I was wondering if it would be difficult to install them in the rear doors.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    it wont just run some wires and make a fitment on the door u should be fine but beware u might need a spacer so the speaker dont interfere with the back windows going down
    03 I4

Okay cool I was planning to try to mount 2 speakers on each side. These are one of them. I got these speakers for free so thats why im trying to do this.

http://www.eseelectronics.com/html/gt_52.html

and the other speakers are a little smaller.

that just might work their thin as hell

Awesome this is going good, and I am guessing you just wire these to the deck?

thats where u have a lil prob. u shouldn't run them with another speaker because you drop the ohm's not good for the amp it will run hot and in time blow use another amp to power them

i have a small amp running one 10'' sub. in my trunk would it really get my amp to run warm? btw im pretty new to this speaker stuff so whats that mean when you say it would drop the ohm's.

most speakers for the are 4 ohm's when you have two 4 ohm speakers wired together you drop to 2 ohms. most amps are built to run 4 ohm's stable. running 2 ohm with an amp that is 4 ohm stable causes the amp to run hot sound like shit and burn out. i know your new at this so don't take this the wrong way but do a lil reading and learn a bit about it or have a pro install it for you it will save time and money

haha yeah I just had my dad explain it all to me. He is pretty damn good with electronics. Yeah I will end up figuring it out i guess. I gotta look at my amp and see what its capable of doing and all of that. thanks for the help.

Yea i agree with reading up on the different ohms and what amps work good with what ohms. Matching speakers with the correct amp will allow you to get the most out of your system.