The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The 7g bug has bit me..need advise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    its not a map sensor. its a Manifold differential pressure sensor or MDP
    its only there for monitoring EGR function.

If your car has obd2 then you have an mdp. If you don't have an MDP, then your car is not obd2

So you are getting a 7g?

very first mod has to be prothane master bushing kit. hands down.
    then springs and shocks. Everything else, even power adders.... can wait.

Side note, i'd spend the money bringing that 7g up to par before you start modding it.
    These cars are getting old. I can assure you that no matter how cherry of a 7g you come across its going to need some work, whether its obvious or not.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Forced4dr
    Holy Thread Hijack Batman! Thanks to those that accually answered my question. I have a Galant VR4. I'm just looking for a daily. I was just asking if there were years to stay away from due to mechanical issues. Like in a dsm (6 bolt vs. 7 bolt. 3 bolt vs. 4 bolt). that sort of deal.

Mechanically they should all be the same excluding the 94 GS as stated above. The GS used a DOHC head instead of the SOHC. It also used a coil ignition instead of a distributor. They all share the same suspension, fuel tanks, motor mounts etc. as the FWD 2g DSM.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

My car is most definitely a Obd2 considering its a 1998 and my pinout is almost identical to a 2g ecu and my stock ecu I looked up the numbers for it and its for a 98 and my car never had a mdp sensor nor is there a wire running to the ecu where its suppose to be so this is proof my car is a obd2 and no mdp sensor.
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forced4dr View Post
    Holy Thread Hijack Batman! Thanks to those that accually answered my question. I have a Galant VR4. I'm just looking for a daily. I was just asking if there were years to stay away from due to mechanical issues. Like in a dsm (6 bolt vs. 7 bolt. 3 bolt vs. 4 bolt). that sort of deal.
    just stay away from the OBD1(.5) galants, much harder to read CELs and a few other things as well. mechanically, they all have the same ups and downs more or less
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

all 96 and up are obd2. End of story, there are no 1.5's unless some jackass went and did a downgrade. I think Peano has 1.5 and he says its frustrating...if I remember correctly

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by allrice4g64 View Post
    My car is most definitely a Obd2 considering its a 1998 and my pinout is almost identical to a 2g ecu and my stock ecu I looked up the numbers for it and its for a 98 and my car never had a mdp sensor nor is there a wire running to the ecu where its suppose to be so this is proof my car is a obd2 and no mdp sensor.

its one of these emission components free ECUs. I have a full harness and ECU cuz I wanted to swap it to my 94. The engine bay is much cleaner w/o all the solenoids and crap on the firewall. Its missing the MDP sensor (MAP as you call it) and since its gone I bet you dont have EGR either. It only has one solenoid that controls the canister and if i remember correctly its shoved behind the fuel rail. Its still full OBD2, IDK why they did it and how they got away with the emissions, but its legit. i see more of these on 98 cars than 97.
    Last edited by mko; 10-13-2010 at 01:39 AM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12