The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: coilovers/headlights

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 46

coilovers/headlights

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-03...item4cf1183e74

i dont have alot of money but i wanna lower my car a inch or so.and ive heard that the ebay coilovers arent that bad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and i have purchased these headlights also and i wanted some feedback b4 i open them and use them.

also..

i purchased a CAI off ebay and wanted some feedback on the part.

and like i said before i dont have alot of money and need to buy the cheaper parts.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    The world consists of 2 sexes... grow a sack and unless your actually cheating, tell her to shut the fuck up

Well let the feedback begin. I have personally had one of those eBay coilover kits and while at the time they seemed badass, they are utter crap. I didnt realize it at the time b/c where I used to live the roads were in really good shape. They wont help your handling at all and will purely just be aesthetic. If all you want to do is an inch or so, then just purchase an eibach kit.
    Those headlight bulbs should do the trick for a while, but i'd recommend going with a brand called GP Thunder. They are on ebay, just do a search. i've used those bulbs before and they are good quality. The intake should get the job done too, just make sure its a good quality filter and holding bracket. Other members will chime in.

thanks. Ive kinda heard the samethign about the eBay coil overs but some people had different opinions. can u find me a link to order the eibach kit for under $100 bucks.and the headlights were cheap and i have faded my headlights with a light shade of night shade they look good doesnt rly change my sight in the dark but i wanted something that is closest to HIDS for like half the price. and couple of my buddys have that CAI on there civics and jettas and i was wondering if it would help on the 2.4.

The world consists of 2 sexes... grow a sack and unless your actually cheating, tell her to shut the fuck up

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 00 galant es tdip View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-03...item4cf1183e74

i dont have alot of money but i wanna lower my car a inch or so.and ive heard that the ebay coilovers arent that bad.

and i have purchased these headlights also and i wanted some feedback b4 i open them and use them.

also..

i purchased a CAI off ebay and wanted some feedback on the part

and like i said before i dont have alot of money and need to buy the cheaper parts.
    You heard WRONG

Those aren't headlights that is a fake auction since they are never going to look like the pics they show, you could have bought a real DDM HID for $30...

Many here use that but buy a quality filter like a K&N

You get what you pay for so don't buy cheap parts its more expensive at the end just save for quality ones

Oh and you can't get eibach for under $100 they cost like $200-250 the only springs you can get for 100 I think are the megans on ebay
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 10-15-2010 at 10:24 PM

4g64T 5spd

so the ebay coil over kit is junk?

and what about a spector or aem filter.

yeah i dont wanna buy cheap parts but when u can settle with whatever u can get ur happy.

yeah i dont wanna buy cheap parts but when u can settle with whatever u can get ur happy.
    1)Yes

2)Those are used by our members too, specter is cheaper and good, aem is more expensive but quality

3)Thats ok just don't get cheap on essential parts of the car
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 10-15-2010 at 10:38 PM

4g64T 5spd

thanks. and would the aem match up with the l3 bracket. because my buddy has one that doesnt fit his srt4 so he wants like 25 bucks for it.
    and yeah when it comesdown to the essentials im being smart but like little things imma try to keep it cheap because i need to get some rust and a new paint job ovr the winter.

measure the diameter of the bracket it should be 2.5" or 3" you would need a filter of that same diameter

4g64T 5spd

if i am correct i think that is what the size is. and 2marow i wanted to cut my grille to where u can see threw where the bars r going up and down how can i do that with out damaging the main outline

I have a ram air intake just like that... And it works great. But buy one that is just $40 with free shipping that way the seller cannot screw you out of your money.

Go HID. Trust me... I used several different bulb tempuratures and nothing, i mean NOTHING can touch HIDs.
    -Andrew

if i am correct i think that is what the size is. and 2marow i wanted to cut my grille to where u can see threw where the bars r going up and down how can i do that with out damaging the main outline
    Use a dremel and then sand, but I don't think you are going yo be able to save the outline chrome, so once its all sanded to perfection you would need to colormatch it with the car

4g64T 5spd

well i want hids but like i said i have to go cheap whats the lowest grade of them can i go for under like 50 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Use a dremel and then sand, but I don't think you are going yo be able to save the outline chrome, so once its all sanded to perfection you would need to colormatch it with the car
    i already have it painted white. but i wanted to go black since my headlights r fogged black. but i just dnt like the bars in the grille.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit here you go $25+S&h and good quality, buy 4500k or 5000k for best visibility H4 obviously

and for the grill use a dremel and cut them then sand it down until smooth and even surface then paint it whatever color you want

4g64T 5spd

well i want hids but like i said i have to go cheap whats the lowest grade of them can i go for under like 50 bucks
    cheap is not always good... you will spend a little bit, but it's worth it down the road. the hyper white bulbs i had fried my connectors to a crisp.

here's an example:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BI-XE...item1c165f12d1

you need dual filament (hi/low) bulbs, and this seller has some good stuff. i'd recommend them.
    -Andrew

thanks man. and is it easy to crack the grille

thanks again guys

Dont buy cheap ass parts, especialy if they have a bad reputation already. Spend a little extra money and buy something of quality. It is definitely worth it, and in the long run your saving yourself, shitty parts fail and will leave your car a fail as well.

Order your HID kits from www.ddmtuning.com <-- very cheap, but i will vouch for them, ive ordered well over 20 kits from them and they were all of good quality. A few had defective ballast but they replaced them without a problem.
    Last edited by Joshua42007; 10-16-2010 at 12:05 AM

yeah i didnt know about that site b4 i ordered my lights from ebay i only payed 9 bucks if they dnt wrk out i could sell them to someone for 20 and make a profit. imma just do with those till i can order some hids.

K&N air filters.

They seem cool at first. Heck they even give you a free sticker in the box. I put mine on the back window to let everyone know how badass I am.

But I don't feel like cleaning and "recharging" it all the time. Besides that, the oil gets inside your intake and all over the MAP/MAS sensor wire thingy. Alot of manufacturers will instantly void your new car warranty if they find a K&N filter installed.

I just use the regular paper ones. Just my two cents. I will say though that the K&N filters are slimmer and much easier to wrestle into the air cleaner box. LOL
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast