The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1996 S arnes in a 1996 ES

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Icon5 1996 S arnes in a 1996 ES

hi people, i what to know if the wires arnes (ECU) of a 96 S (no power windows, etc) will fit in my 96 es (5spd swap, power windows), i want to change it because the O2 sensor dont work, and maybe are 1 wire.

please need answer and if i need to do any modification to the wires,

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    wire arnes? wire harness?

what do your windows have to do with the ecu that controls engine function?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you want to change an entire engine harness because the o2 sensor doesn't work?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    you want to change an entire engine harness because the o2 sensor doesn't work?
    well, another option is take my wires, and check it one by one, but i think is easier to change it complete, or i dont know, that why im asking!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    wire arnes? wire harness?
    that think, u understand no?

im just saying it seems a little elaborate just to diagnose 4 wires....could be 2 minutes with a soldering iron as opposed to a whole lot more time and the extra harness too

1994 Galant GS 5spd

u have reason, is too dificult to check the wires (O2)?

check continuity on all 4 wires, and one will probably be the problem, if not the o2 sensor itself. if wire is the problem, fix, if o2 is the problem, replace.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

okei, and, im having a problem, the car is making weird things, seem like havent maff, but the maff works fine (checked in another 4g64), can be the injectors, distributor? the sparkplug wires are new, newss sparkplug, new filters, etc.

Okay WTF u sAying dude u confused the fuck outa me? Ur car is making noise like no muffler then could be either bent valve which was my case or miss fire meaning it's sparkplugs wires cap router? One those.... An in the o2 replace the sensor it always goes bad..... Never had wiring issues I have a 96s engine n my 94es kept es ecu an intake system an no issues....

Raks_22; lets focus on one thing at a time. Initinally you wrote the 02 sensor was not working and then asked about swapping out the ECU and then swapping an wiring harness. Have you fixed that problem?

If not I tell me how did you decide the problem was the 02 sensor? Did you just check the 02 sensor's 4 wires? Replacing the wiring harness is huge over kill and a huge pain. If you are unsure how to check the 02 sensor and it is is cheap where you are, just replace it and see what happens. Does the 96 ES have two 02 sensors?

If the 02 sensor problem is fixed, tell us what wierd things your car is doing and someone might be able to help you.

Everyone else, Let's cut Raks_22 a little slack. Yes, his questions are hard to understand, but he's asking them in a language that is foreign to him (he's in Mexico). I've been there done that and it sucks. I was in the Army in Germany and years later I still remember car parts names in German from having car problems there. Combine the difficulty of trying to figure out WTF is wrong with your car and then asking the question in a foreign language; its just plain painfull. I know I'd be screwed trying to do something in Spanish. Hell, he knows more about cars in English than most of the Americans I know. Give him credit for trying; he's here because he's figured out you guys are the experts on these Galants.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Are u saying maff as in mass air flow? Or muffler?? Each on has a different solution... I've had my 7g for 6yrs an been throw electrical to o2 problems to transmissions to bent valves to intake issues from swap to boosting issues .... Now all I have are transmission issues cause sucks lol....

Okay.

1. Don't get another harness, too much work.
    2. Bad 02 sensor, change it. No big deal.
    3. Bad MAF sensor, change it. Done.
    4. If your entire car is like a light show used with fireworks, then yes, you do need a new ECU, among many other things. Lol.

Just a btw I'm no expert (Correct me if I am wrong) But I believe the 96 is OBD 2.0. So the ECU's are interchangeable. Power windows have nothing to do with it, unless you have an ECU from the 1960's.

Quote Originally Posted by eksz View Post
    Raks_22; lets focus on one thing at a time. Initinally you wrote the 02 sensor was not working and then asked about swapping out the ECU and then swapping an wiring harness. Have you fixed that problem?

If not I tell me how did you decide the problem was the 02 sensor? Did you just check the 02 sensor's 4 wires? Replacing the wiring harness is huge over kill and a huge pain. If you are unsure how to check the 02 sensor and it is is cheap where you are, just replace it and see what happens. Does the 96 ES have two 02 sensors?

If the 02 sensor problem is fixed, tell us what wierd things your car is doing and someone might be able to help you.

Everyone else, Let's cut Raks_22 a little slack. Yes, his questions are hard to understand, but he's asking them in a language that is foreign to him (he's in Mexico). I've been there done that and it sucks. I was in the Army in Germany and years later I still remember car parts names in German from having car problems there. Combine the difficulty of trying to figure out WTF is wrong with your car and then asking the question in a foreign language; its just plain painfull. I know I'd be screwed trying to do something in Spanish. Hell, he knows more about cars in English than most of the Americans I know. Give him credit for trying; he's here because he's figured out you guys are the experts on these Galants.

well, let's see, my first problem is i dont speak english very well haha,

. the first problem was the O2, well it keep, i have a new o2 sensor but when conect it, the car get a orrible missfire :S, disconect it and the car returns to "normal", keep the missfire but lower, much much lower, so all the people say me than are the o2 wires,

but, here is a something weird in the car, like 6 months ago, the o2 was fine, but only when rain, the car got the same problem as have now when conect the sensor, i thinking, just thinking, maybe the ECU got wet when rains, because when i make the 5spd swap, i dont put nothing in the hole of the grears wires..

a dont know :S
    fking galant xD.
    i love it, but that problem are blowing my mind!

hope u understand my sexy english hahah!

Teaches you right for not doing 100% of the work, karma hits you with a baseball bat sometimes. No offense haha.

Dude, I am no expert, but you better check that wire for the 02 Sensor. Like NAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidline View Post
    Teaches you right for not doing 100% of the work, karma hits you with a baseball bat sometimes. No offense haha.

Dude, I am no expert, but you better check that wire for the 02 Sensor. Like NAW.
    yea, i know, but how to check one by one (o2 wires) i need to break out the wole arnes no?

if you got the proper O2 sensor you shouldnt have an issue. ONe of two things is going on here...either you got the wrong o2 sensor (should be 4 wires) or you got one of the ones where you splice the wires. Either way you did it wrong. NEVER and I cant stress it enough, NEVER get an O2 sensor where you have to splice the original wiring. You will end up with a poor signal and poor readings out of the sensor...especially if you are not clean in your wiring. This is what it sounds like to me...as far as the sensor goes anyway. Replace it with an original direct replacement fit sensor...it has a connector that plugs straight into the original spot with no modifications at all...that should help

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

i have a oem o2 sensor,!
    it isnt the problem