The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gTorque's Project Build

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 680

gTorque's Project Build

Whats up everybody names Brian for those of you that dont know me.Ive been with TGC for awhile now and I never really got started with posting my build or showing everyone how my 8g is coming along.Ive been really busy with work but I figured Id start this thread on my day off.Basicaully I got this galant my senior year (2006)of high school for my first car and ive decided to do some things to it.Over the years i ended up adding on to this project more and more.Tell me what you think.

This is how the Galant looked right when i got it.I always kept it clean and waxed.This was the beauty of working as a detailer for my first job at a car wash.

Now the first pics will be funny so bear with me.My first car so went straight up rice with it lol.

Got my new body kit,TYC Black housing taillights,and some fake blue HIDs!Now who would of known that this kit would come in all different colors lol

After this little surprise me and my dad started doing the body work on the car.Had acouple of dents and dings that we had to get out then threw on some primer.I ended up getting some cheap ebay muffler and did one thing right for once.Got some VR-4 JDM headlights.

Keep looking below the build and project goes on!
    Last edited by Gtorque; 10-18-2010 at 07:02 PM

blue8g
    Ugh

retracted;
    Last edited by koji464; 10-18-2010 at 07:16 PM

^^lol

Quote Originally Posted by koji464 View Post
    paint the roof and trunk black(panda) I like that front bumper.
    lower it
    get some gtz wheels for now
    black housing headlights
    and your good

Edit: 8lue8g, wat an ass..lemme finish wat you forgot for the first part....Hond-ugh
    These are picks from back in the day man lmao!Im starting this thread from when i first got the car in 06 step by step.
    Last edited by Gtorque; 10-18-2010 at 06:31 PM

My first engine mod was a cold air intake (felt the difference with performance),Magnecor spark plug wires,and some ground wiring that i thought would give me 10hp extra lol.

As the time went by i still had no idea what the hell an engine was or what on earth a turbo is.All i knew is that turbo made your car faster.I ended up going to a local speed shop called CFT(Central Florida Turbo)I got all the parts i needed and had them install and fabricate for me.Went with 2.5" straight piping and a Tenzo burn tip at the end.

Ended up getting it Mustang Dyno'd making 227whp and 270 torque.

After this i started taking everything off and out from under my engine bay and began painting.Like it didnt have enough color on the outside already lol.Also got myself a Freedom Design strut bar.

Now we started primering the whole front bumper to get rid of that blue color.As we did that i wanted to do something alittle different to the bumper.We started making a custom evo nose in the center out of fiberglass and cut out 2 holes for air under it.Put F1 fiberglass fenders on with it.

Here are some interior pics.

Gauges:AFR,Boost,Water temp,Voltage,Oil pressure,Oil temp.A little fire extinguisher,Greddy turbo timer,& and some diamond plate floor matts.

Now after all of this i ended up getting the block built.Sorry i dont have any pics of this..

Started getting parts ceramic coated-

Had Installed: CP pistons 86.5mm,Eagle rods,OEM bearings Main,Trust,& Rod,New OEM Oil pump,Cometic head gasket,ARP head studs.Switched my BOV to the SSQ ver. 2,Evo 8 Koyo radiator,Aeromotive FPR,Oil catch can,& a Optima yellow top battery.

Still has some color in the engine bay but you have to admit its coming together alittle better.
    Had the g tuned again and made 300whp and 320torque
    Last edited by Gtorque; 10-18-2010 at 07:48 PM

lookin good man.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

smexy

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Lookin good

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    lol your the guy with all the galant parts on craigslist

Ended up shipping my trans to Level 10 Transmissions and got a stage 3 done to it.The torque and shifting was a great difference by far!

Also got tired of the stock height looking like the car had a lift kit on it or something so i went ahead and started getting my suspension started.

Suspension: KYB AGX struts & shocks,Tein S.Tech lowering springs,and Eibach cambers for the rear.

Got the springs on the struts and shocks then installed them on the car to see the new drop!

I really like how the suspension feels when its driving.the drop im happy with but I know in the future im going to go for some D2 coilovers.I just like the fact that you can adjust your height of the car.

Now....Lets try and get some new wheels and tires for the car since im still rockin the steelies..
    It took me awhile to look for what kind of wheels i wanted.I searched and seached until I finally found a set that really caught me eyes.I ended up going with some-

Tenzo Type M concave black with red lip 19X8.5 all around with some Toyo tires wrapped around them.

Last edited by Gtorque; 10-18-2010 at 08:50 PM

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    your chuggin along man, Nice

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I remember seeing ur car in cardomain.com! LOL! I wondered what happened to you and your car, good to see u posting up your progress here
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

^ Yeah man I still got the G lol..It hasnt been up for awhile cause of the things ive been doing to it but very soon it should be back on the streets.Everyone check out this build tomorrow i will have more progress posted with pics and all starting with my rear disk swap.

Alright so now i start my rear disk swap conversion.

Went to the junk yard with (platano) which is no longer a member here.We found two galant GTZs and grabbed everything we needed from full E-brake line to hubs.Then grinded the spot welds on the backing plate for a cleaner install.

But hey,while im at it i might aswell do a Evo 8 Brembo swap right?

Brakes:Evo 8 F&R Brembo calipers 2 re-painted,Evo 8 Brembo slotted rotors,Hawk brake pads,Stop tech F&R ss brake lines,& some Rays red lug nuts.(never put on)

Here we go..this had to be one of the easiest swaps ive ever done on the car

Difference!

Front before and after

Rear brakes are one!

Behind the wheels - I had to wait 3 days after the install to test it because the wheels didnt clear the brakes up front.Got some H&R 15mm wheel spacers to clear that little problem right up.

Please excuse my pops and little brother lol...What do you guys and girls think?

Last edited by Gtorque; 10-19-2010 at 08:47 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Looks good so far...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Sweet!!!

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

looks good! what color are you going with?
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast