The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gTorque's Project Build

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 680
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by dGALANTc View Post
    looks good! what color are you going with?
    To be honest..i really dont know what color to go with...i was thinking maybe a nice white pearl or like a wet darkish grey color.

Put some new H7 12000K Purple HIDs in the JDM headlights!

Last edited by Gtorque; 10-19-2010 at 08:45 PM

nice, im digging the evo style grill

lol i don't think thats a true grill, its looks like he fiberglassed that in himself....
    Why are you trying to make it look like an evo 8 front?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

So I started working at the Air port 3rd shift detailing JetBlues aircrafts (waxing the exterior and detailing interior)from 10:30pm-4:15am.On top of that we have a family owned Landscaping business that we start at 7:00am-4:30pm.Ive done this 2 job schedule for alittle over a year starting in January of 09.Anyway,One night I took the galant to work and i passed into the employee parking lot.i found a spot to park so i drove up alittle to reverse into the parking space.As i shifted into reverse and gave it gas i heard a very loud break and cracking sound.I shrugged it off and continued reversing and as i did so i seen infront of me an enormass amount of pink transmission fluid!Checked under and found this..

Had AAA come pick up me and the car.I think the only good thing about this situation was that i got the night off and got some sleep.

Took the transmission off weeks later and checked it out.

Last edited by Gtorque; 10-20-2010 at 06:14 AM

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    lol i don't think thats a true grill, its looks like he fiberglassed that in himself....
    Why are you trying to make it look like an evo 8 front?
    lol your right i did make a custom evo nose out of fiberglass...idk i just wanted to try something alittle different at the time i guess.

look on the bright side....5 speed swap FTW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gtorque View Post
    lol your right i did make a custom evo nose out of fiberglass...idk i just wanted to try something alittle different at the time i guess.
    looks good man, it takes some originallity to, well be original right? lol thats sounded better in my head...

I took it to a local transmission shop to check if everything was alright with the inside.Everything was fine the only thing i needed to get was an outer housing and swap them out.To be honest i never got around to it.I got tired of having a quick automatic so now this is where my 5 speed swap came to mind!!!

Went on car-parts.com and seen that a local salvage yard had a 2000-2005 manual transmission for grabs.I shot over there in the matter of minutes lol

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    look on the bright side....5 speed swap FTW!!!!
    you read my MIND!!! lol

looks good man, it takes some originallity to, well be original right? lol thats sounded better in my head...
    lol ya man just what i was going for

hmmm you got ths shifter cables already? and they diked off your reverse soleniod wires right at the connector? how fricken dumb lol

hmmm you got ths shifter cables already? and they diked off your reverse soleniod wires right at the connector? how fricken dumb lol
    Tell me about it!! i ended up going to another junk yard and cut off some longer pig tails to another reverse soleniod..Gonna get some new shifter cables anyways so i wasnt to bothered about that.
    Last edited by Gtorque; 10-20-2010 at 06:16 AM

New poyurethane motor mount inserts and got the outer motor mounts ceramic coated a nice chrome look along with a Braille racing battery.

Time for us to get to work

Alright so lets back track alittle..Taking the Auto transmission out.

Now that the Auto trans,torque converter,and flywheel are out lets start changing it to manual.The set-up i ended up going with was..

5 speed Transmision build:ACT 2600 clutch with street disk,OEM flywheel,Wavtrac lsd,new bearings for lsd,and had the transmission rebuilt with new synchros,hubs,etc.

Now that thats all in and lined up...The master cylinder has been done already and through the firewall.Put some Tearstone aluminum Master and Brake caps on aswell.

Last edited by Gtorque; 10-20-2010 at 06:16 AM

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    nice how much for the 5spd?.....is there junkyard area up around here?

^I got the 5 speed from a salvage yard called J&B 17105 E Colonial Dr Orlando,FL 32820..I paid $500 for it,they have the transmissions already taken out for you so you can pick and go.
    Last edited by Gtorque; 10-20-2010 at 06:11 AM

While the transmission was at the shop i took the entire dash out along with door panels and seats.Reason for this is because i was doing a full a/c delete from under the hood and under the dash!!Reason for door panels and seats will get to that later..Then i ran my new shifter cables through the firewall and installed my fidanza short shifter and Sparco nob.

All a/c under the dash

Got the transmission back from being rebuilt and having the Wavetrac installed!Put that baby on,fluid it up and took her for a ride.Unbelievable!!
    Last edited by Gtorque; 10-20-2010 at 01:15 PM

did you take the whole box out?

What are you going to do about heat?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

^^x2 florida has heat sometimes that you need deodorant on your balls....

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    did you take the whole box out?

What are you going to do about heat?
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    ^^x2 florida has heat sometimes that you need deodorant on your balls....
    lol im a landscaper guys..The heat dont get to me at all..at all.idk but i do feel bad for who evers riding with me.

I'm talking about heat when he's racing or whatever.

Well, I guess the vents in the hood should be sufficient.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast