The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gTorque's Project Build

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Showing results 461 to 480 of 680
    Okay having alittle trouble here and need some help. John came by and did a flash with speed density,Omni 4 map,and Immobilizer delete. The car doesnt wanna start. He said everything seems to be right with the ecu wiring and everything but no luck. The battery is in the trunk so i got some shorter + & - wires to hook it up under the hood to see if this was the problem but no luck again. The battery was fully charged but the motor seemed to be cranking alittle bit but still way to slow.Today I took off the starter and replaced it with a new one. I went to start it and it was cranking much better/faster but still doesnt want to turn on. Also the AEM oil pressure gauge says --- when starting if that means anything. The motor just turns and shows no interest in starting. The plugs that were changed were the 2 Ignition plugs from the evo harness that has 3 wires each and the injector plugs. The TPS was re wired correctly for the evo.Also did a evo 8 ecu swap. I think that maybe the 2 Ignition plugs might be wired wrong. Im not sure that this is correct but if the 2 plugs are not wired up right that would mean that the car wouldnt be getting any spark what so ever from anywhere causing the car not to start? Cause wouldnt this be just like the plugs werent even plugged in if there wired up wrong? Idk Does anybody have any ideas or any information that may help me at all? I would greatly appreciate it
    Last edited by Gtorque; 04-23-2011 at 08:03 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtorque View Post
    Okay having alittle trouble here and need some help. John came by and did a flash with speed density,Omni 4 map,and Immobilizer delete. The car doesnt wanna start. He said everything seems to be right with the ecu wiring and everything but no luck. The battery is in the trunk so i got some shorter + & - wires to hook it up under the hood to see if this was the problem but no luck again. The battery was fully charged but the motor seemed to be cranking alittle bit but still way to slow.Today I took off the starter and replaced it with a new one. I went to start it and it was cranking much better/faster but still doesnt want to turn on. Also the AEM oil pressure gauge says --- when starting if that means anything. The motor just turns and shows no interest in starting. The plugs that were changed were the 2 Ignition plugs from the evo harness that has 3 wires each and the injector plugs. The TPS was re wired correctly for the evo.Also did a evo 8 ecu swap. I think that maybe the 2 Ignition plugs might be wired wrong. Im not sure that this is correct but if the 2 plugs are not wired up right that would mean that the car wouldnt be getting any spark what so ever from anywhere causing the car not to start? Cause wouldnt this be just like the plugs werent even plugged in if there wired up wrong? Idk Does anybody have any ideas or any information that may help me at all? I would greatly appreciate it
    What kinda of injectors are you running. Are they high impedance (saturated) or low impedance? If they are low impedance, did you install a resistor box? An engine only needs 3 things to start, fuel+air+spark=BOOM. Check each one. Make sure you pump is turning on, check your fuel pressure with the key "ON" and while cranking. Remove one spark plugs and rest it against something metal to see if it arcs. Be careful since you have that crazy sparktech CDI setup, that thing will shock the shit out of you if the arc hits you. Crank have someone crank the car while you check the plug to make sure its firing. How did you wire up the CDI setup? If you wired it up as sequential, the stock EVO ECU doesnt have the capability (as far as I remember) to run a sequential ignition. Make sure your MFI relay is good, you should hear it click as soon as the key is turned to "ON" and again when its turned off. Im just throwing ideas at you, run through it, keep updating this thread and I will keep checking it. Send me a PM if you need something more specific. Lastly, if you think your wiring is wrong, remove the heat shielding so the wire colors are visible and take pics, post them up and I will compare it to what I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Gtorque View Post
    For some reason I think that I had the same problem when I switched to the evo 8 ecu I had the immobilizer removed too. It wouldn't crank at all............seemed like the battery was dead so I switched it then the same thing happened. I checked the starter and it was good. I was going to take to a shop to look at it because I had ran out of ideas. Then one day I just tried to turn it on a couple of times that it just started. Its been working great ever since so its still a mystery with me. Best I could guess was fuel related because right after it started this guy I know did a street tune. Hey do you still have the stock galant injectors on it?

Im running some Injector Dynamics 1000cc. Im definitly getting fuel cause one of the fuel lines had a loose clamp on it and it was leaking so I tightened it up. Im gonna check the spark tomorrow.Also what is a MFI relay and where would that be located at? I hear something click rapidly like 4 or 5 times somewhere under the hood when I put the key in the ignition.What would I have to do to run this Sparktech with a stock ecu?I wired it up just the way its supposed to go but basicaully I have the 2 evo ignition plugs that I rewired into my harness and thats what im not sure of. Ill take pics of that and post it. Also my alternator is locked up so im gonna have to bring that back to AutoZone to replace it. Guess its from sitting around for to long. I noticed when it would crank the alternate and water pump belt was moving much slower then the timing belt and the alternator pulley wasnt spinning. I took the belt off to see if it would start or crank better but it still wouldnt start.
    Last edited by Gtorque; 04-24-2011 at 12:39 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    First fuel pump relay:

second fuel pump relay:
    if im not mistaken one of these is the mfi relay... i think its the second one but its def one of these
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Quote Originally Posted by azgalant View Post
    For some reason I think that I had the same problem when I switched to the evo 8 ecu I had the immobilizer removed too. It wouldn't crank at all............seemed like the battery was dead so I switched it then the same thing happened. I checked the starter and it was good. I was going to take to a shop to look at it because I had ran out of ideas. Then one day I just tried to turn it on a couple of times that it just started. Its been working great ever since so its still a mystery with me. Best I could guess was fuel related because right after it started this guy I know did a street tune. Hey do you still have the stock galant injectors on it?
    that's weird as all hell mine did the same thing when i first installed it too it wouldn't start for like 3 days and i just went out and cranked it for the hell of it and it started and hasn't given me any problems since.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

have you tried push starting it?

I know that the it clicks rapidly when I put the key in the ignition but it doesnt do it when I take the key out. I havent tried push starting it ill try that.Thanks for the pics dGALANTc. If its not clicking when i take the key out can that mean the second MFI relay could be bad?

Ok a few things... Your fuse box looks foreign to me since I have a 99' and im guessing you have an 02-03 which is a different fuse box. Either way, the MFI relay should be under the hood and thats essentially the fuel pump relay, so the one in the first pic should be the MFI relay. If you hear it clicking, thats fine, thats what its supposed to do.

Ok so your running injector dynamics 1000cc injectors. Do you know if they are high impedance or low impedance? Did you ever install an injector resistor box? If they are low impedance and you dont have a resistor box, the injectors will not fire. You cant assume that the fuel isnt the issue because the pump works independently of the injectors. So the pump can still create pressure, which will fill the lines and in your case, show a leak, but that doesnt mean the injectors are actually firing. If you installed a resistor box, double check your wiring. The ECU fires the injectors by grounding them. So the power wires for the injectors on the stock harness need to be cut and all run to the one single wire on the resistor box then the resistor box has 4 other wires coming out of it, run each one of the wires to an injector. It doesnt matter which wire goes to which injector, because its just power supply. Lastly, if you bought high impedance (saturated) injectors and installed a resistor box, that wont work either. You only need the resistor box when running low impedance injectors.

As for spark, if you only rewired the coil connectors, just make sure the wiring is right. If you wired it using the stock evo style connectors than it should already be correct for firing in a wasted spark style (like stock) so the ECU shouldnt have any problem with that.

My best guess is your injectors arent firing. Crank the engine over for about 5 seconds, then pull a spark plug and shine a light down into the engine. The top of the piston should look wet and there should be a significant smell of fuel, if not, your injectors arent firing. Since your alternator is giving you shit, get that replaced first. Also, if autozone doesnt have any "evo" alternators, its the same alternator as an 8g/3g 4 cylinder car, you just need to swap the pulley over since the EVO uses a 5-rib belt. The amperage between EVO and 8g might be 5-10 amps off, but its insignificant. I ran an 8g alternator on my EVO setup for a few years with no problems.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Okay thanks Brian. I will check to see if the injectors are firing

Well I check if I was getting any spark and there isnt any spark what so ever. Heres how I pretty much have it. I even switched the to outer wires and still no spark.

Im not sure if the center wire has to be switched to a different wire but im not getting spark at all.And im pretty sure the injectors arent firing either

Does anyone know what each one of these wire colors are and which way they should be properly wired together?

Ok so lets try this. If the injectors arent firing AND the plugs arent firing, that leads me to think its an immobilizer problem, a big wiring problem, or a sensor problem. Check if your getting voltage to the cam and crank sensor. Im gonna go outside and check my wire colors in a minute and let you know where they should be on the ignition coil connectors.

Whats weird is I also thought the immobilizer stopped the MFI relay which in turn would stop the fuel pump from turning on, which isnt the case because you said you have fuel pressure.

Did you ever install in injector resistor box? Maybe you have two separate problems, one ignition, one fuel.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

OK on second thought, I cant compare my wiring because when I re-did my harness I ran new ones (not factory colors) so in order to find the factory colors I would need to unloom about 4 feet worth of harness and thats next to impossible since my harness is partially tucked.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I'll try to take a picture right now when I get home......also the injectors dynamic are high impedance injectors they shouldn't need the resistor box

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

You needed the picture of the ignition coil right? Well here's one hope this helps. If you need more pictures let me know.

I just checked my fuse in the SparkTech and its bad. Broken right down the center.Lol thats fine Brian thanks. Okay azgalant great pic thank you.Would you be able to take a pic of the plug on the other side aswell for me just to make sure. So let me get this straight this would be the correct way to wire it telling me from your pic azgalant right? The red circled part. Cause in the pic the 2 wires are tapped together and thats where it confuses me lol

Last edited by Gtorque; 04-25-2011 at 09:34 PM

I need to retake the picture....its NOT tapped together

^ lol oh..If you can take a pic of the other side also that would be great. Thanks again

Ok i'll do it when I get home like half an hour

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast