The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gTorque's Project Build

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
Showing results 621 to 640 of 680
    What is the IFS? What does it stand for and what does it do?

Is it that sensor that goes on top of the intake manifold? If so how exactly does it work. I remember I ended up taking that off since I'm using a Magnus intake and I put the sensor on the subframe. Is it going to work there?

Quote Originally Posted by gtorque View Post
    sick!

Hopefully this helps you
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtorque View Post
    Is it that sensor that goes on top of the intake manifold? If so how exactly does it work. I remember I ended up taking that off since I'm using a Magnus intake and I put the sensor on the subframe. Is it going to work there?

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    you have to host it on something like photobuclet or imageshack or flickr. then copy the image code onto the boards.

but here i had to go way back into my old photos for this picture lol
    Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    your going to have to find a place to put the sensor on the manifold or bypass it

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

^Thanks man

Okay so its not just the RPMs that arent working. Got the car all ready and driving with just acouple more adjustments left. I noticed the speedometer isnt working either. What can this be since both seem to be having issues?

Ended up putting a evo8 AEM ems in the car and fixed up all issues I was having :)
    Only things I would like to fix or have left before I make my miles to brake in the motor alittle is:

change up my oil feed line
    change up oil return line ( use 45 degree 8AN fitting instead of 90 degree ans shorten hose )
    change top 16AN fittings from 90 degree to straight fittings ( better flow )

I went to Kings today to help my buddy Ricky with Built 2 Race put on my HKS exhaust and finish my aluminum piping. It came out great and the car sounds amazing!! Acouple days ago Ricky called me when I was on my way to the Heat vs Magic game and he told me they put the Galant up on the dyno to make sure things were working fine for my upcoming brake in. He put the rev limiter up to 5k just to make sure I dont go passed that as im driving. Sergio with Kings decided to give it alittle gas just for the hell of it to see acouple #s. They were excited to tell me that just by that little push the car read 348whp on 93 pump at 9psi! This is going to be exciting :)

Nice num. on only 5k and 9 psi

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Okay so while the motors being re done I want to start buying parts for my future AWD swap. I already have:

Evo 8 transmission ( Going to re build with TRE parts )
    Evo 8 flywheel cover
    Evo 8 starter
    Evo 8 starter bracket
    Evo 8 transfer case
    Rear end to a 2g GSX
    2g rear axles
    2g automatic rear diff

I know I need the:
    Evo 8 oil pan
    Evo 8 front axles
    Evo 8 front hubs

When it comes to the drive shaft im not exactly sure what needs to be done. Do I use the rear part of the drive shaft from the 2g with the mounting part that holds it up in place? Then Get the front part to the drive shaft made the correct length with an adaptor to go with the 2g side? Other than this is there anything else I might need?

you use the half shaft from the diff side to the bearing hanger side. the little two foor length. if you don't want to use an adapter, you can use the evo 8 companion flange for the custom drive shaft.
    If you want the rear diff I have one, BUT just go with an evo 8 rear diff, with a 2g rear diff cover.
    In order to measure for the drive shaft, you need to mount everything up t case and all, and then measure.
    You also need rear disc backing plates, rear hubs, and a v6 galant ebrake cable assembly if you wanna do it right. I am using the 2g brake cables, but they are about 6 inches short, so I just routed them underneath the gas tank. oh yea you need a gas tank too, and a fuel filler funel

hey I gotta question,
    for you to use the fluid dampner, what did you all have to do again? new water pump pulley?
    Last edited by Galantman03; 06-07-2012 at 05:29 PM

all the IFS does is detect misfire. When it goes out of whack it throws the tach signal out of whack.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    you use the half shaft from the diff side to the bearing hanger side. the little two foor length. if you don't want to use an adapter, you can use the evo 8 companion flange for the custom drive shaft.
    If you want the rear diff I have one, BUT just go with an evo 8 rear diff, with a 2g rear diff cover.
    In order to measure for the drive shaft, you need to mount everything up t case and all, and then measure.
    You also need rear disc backing plates, rear hubs, and a v6 galant ebrake cable assembly if you wanna do it right. I am using the 2g brake cables, but they are about 6 inches short, so I just routed them underneath the gas tank. oh yea you need a gas tank too, and a fuel filler funel

hey I gotta question,
    for you to use the fluid dampner, what did you all have to do again? new water pump pulley?
    Alright great. I already have everything for the rear disk conversion, etc. I have the fuel filler funel,gas tank, and 2g rear diff already aswell. So I shouldnt use the 2g rear diff? I have someone that was going to sell me the rear part of the 2g drive shaft and the carrier bearing assembly. What should I do?

For the fluidamper to work on the 8g im using the evo alternator pulley,water pump pulley,water pump adaptor from MAP,and a AMS p/s delete kit. My motors all apart right now but if you go that route I can give you the belt #.

Also, I dont need the front knuckles from the evo correct? Just the hubs?

Yes you need evo knuckles.
    You need this shaft

If you do use an evo diff, you need to take this companion flange from the 2g rear end and install it on the evo diff

And if you want to not have an adapter on the custom drive shaft, you need an evo companion flange, this is the eclipse

Also, if you use the evo diff, you need a 2g rear diff cover, I would get one from front line fabrications.

And thanks for offering the part number for the belt, but I'm keeping p/s
    Last edited by Galantman03; 06-08-2012 at 05:13 PM

Okay so I have a guy thats going to sell me
    Evo 8 front axles,hubs,and knuckles
    Evo 8 rear diff, companion flange,and half shaft. ( The custom drive shaft has to connect to the half shaft or do I need to use the whole driveshaft part before the shaft that connects into the transfer case? )
    I will probably be getting that front line fabrications cover.

Would this be the easiest way to go about it? Anything else I might need?

Thank you for all your help!! I greatly appreciate it
    Last edited by Gtorque; 06-08-2012 at 06:40 PM

idk if you have it but you need the shaft the goes through the tranny and into the t case so that you can install the left drivers axle. off the top off my head, I don't think you need anything else, t case bolts? you need the tranny mount mount lol, the metal piece that bolts to the transmission itself. /tranny/ bracket mount/triangle bracket mount/actual motor mount on subframe/

Okay I think your talking about the input shaft? So do I need the rear mount on the subframe and the actual transmission mount on the drivers side too? The transmission I got came with those brackets. Whats the metal piece that bolts up to the transmission that your taking about?

I believe it is called the tcase output shaft, I just explained what I needed in the WTB thread on evom and somebody helped me out lol. I used the drivers side tranny mount from the five speed swap. As far as the rear mount, I bought a galant front motor mount, and made my own rear mount with that one, and you really can't figure out where the mount is going untill you fit the tcase through the front subframe. I have pictures in my thread, but I am redoing the front subframe again lol due to me droping the steering rack to far, so I couldn't steer the g because the innner tie rods where hitting my new a arms.

Okay sounds good man. Idk if I should go ahead and start this whole process at once when the motor goes back in or if I should do it later. I want to get the transfer case re built and probably get the Evo transmission re done with TRE stuff. I pretty much almost have everything for the swap. Ive been looking at acouple threads on what has to be done. Im going to check yours out in alittle bit ;)

Hey is anyone running a EVO ecu wiring harness in there 8g? I was thinking about buying one but I'm not sure if it can be done or if its to much of a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtorque View Post
    Hey is anyone running a EVO ecu wiring harness in there 8g? I was thinking about buying one but I'm not sure if it can be done or if its to much of a pain.
    IIRC, Stewi soldered the connectors on to the 8g harness, just use the same conversion chart, just solder pin position to pin position

I basically did the same thing on my harness. I just figured it might be better without all the extra transmission wiring and stuff. It would probably be better with the whole starter relocated when the EVO trans goes in. Idk maybe it would be better to use a EVO harness?

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast