The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gTorque's Project Build

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 680
    great work man! looking much much better.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

blue8g
    HUGE improvement over where you started man

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post

^ I had that exact vacuum for two yrs, LOL! Then it died on me this past summer. But it was a hand me down from a friend who had it before me.

Anyway I vote to keep the rear bumper. It looks good and u already molded it in. The wheels would match if u colormatched the stripe black cherry also. Even better would be to do ur calipers too. Thatd be sick! Or opt for some different more aggressive wheels that fit your offset for ur calipers and sell ur spacers and wheels. I heard to many bad stories about spacers and the wheels coming off. And with all that HP why even risk it ya know?
    Ya that would look great!I got another car for my daily so i think im gonna put these wheels on that one and get a different set for the g.Will get to the new/older car in a few lol.

Your right i heard alot of stories about the spacers aswell.

Ive been looking at acouple of wheels to get and im stuck lol...I really like the newer concaved Rota Grids but alot of cars have these such as evos etc.

These are the ones ive been looking at aswell.maybe 18X9.5 but not sure of the off set.i think it would look nice with black cherry.

5Zigen ZR +520 Gunmetal but its like a hyper black

Quote Originally Posted by Galante View Post
    Nice work so far man!
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    great work man! looking much much better.
    lol your just saying that because of the interior..jk.. Thanks alot!

blue8g
    Those 5Zigen's are awesome, they're pretty heavy...but they'll take a beating

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    those wheels are nice

never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    HUGE improvement over where you started man
    Thanks alot man

Those 5Zigen's are awesome, they're pretty heavy...but they'll take a beating
    Ya i think they look very aggressive.I like the type 3 with the concave look.I know they are heavy but when i go to the track ill have me slicks on

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    those wheels are nice
    I really like them..I think it would go great with a dark paint color and CF.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Yeah those wheels would look sick, would go really well with that color & the calipers colormatched.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

blue8g

Looked Great on ASTIG's car....although not concave

Yeah those wheels would look sick, would go really well with that color & the calipers colormatched.
    Sounds good to me man!

Looked Great on ASTIG's car....although not concave
    Sick!!! Still looks great even without concave!

Ended up putting on the JDM amber side markers and GTZ door claddings.Got the markers from Trigg and claddings from Cali.Thanks guys!I put the cyber sides back on for now because the SVR-4 were just test fit and need alittle work.

Ok lets get back to the interior..I took all the trimmings off to get the carpet out so now imma start painting everything black

sorry i lost the pics of everything after paint but you will see it all installed
    Painted the door panels aswell and put on the red material

Started getting the interior back in..Got a front aluminum cover for the speedometer and some JDM chrome interior handles

Coming together

Ok so ive been having this issue with my manifold cracking for the longest and im done with it.Well you get what you pay for.So now i wanted something alittle more DIFFERENT.I wanted a top mount manifold.I ended up going with the Peakboost HVS manifold and 44mm Tial wastegate.I believe this is the same manifold that Stewi has before i got mine.

Piece of shit

Peakboost HVS

Now as you can see this manifold is hitting something..The starter..This manifold is made specifically for the evos being that the starter on their cars are lower around the oil pan area.

I really like this manifold so i called up Ken from Peakboost and asked if I can send the manifold back and do something different to move the manifold away and over.I knew just what to do.With alittle measuring and a welder we can do this.I cut the flange off of the shity manifold and placed it on the head.Now i simply held the HVS manifold where i wanted it and started marking.This would of been a big pain if the p/s was still in the car but thats been deleted for awhile now lol.

Now that the other flange is on the head we started spot welding some points to it

Manifolds spot welded on to the flange in the position wanted

Last edited by Gtorque; 10-21-2010 at 02:04 PM

blue8g
    Peakboost, eh? You're lucky you got your manifold.....a lot of shady stuff has been going on with them lately

^ Who you telling man...Kens a lying piece of shit...It took them 6 months to make and ship this manifold to me.Then i shipped him this back for the new position and every phone call i made was a different excuse!! Like--Oh man the mexican guy that polishes the manifold for me is a illegal immigrant and got caught LMFAO!Or sorry man ive been having a family crisis and ive been looking for a new polisher.It took me almost 7 months to get this back the second time.Will not do business with ever again.

Older pic I found of when i was taking out the power steering lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    yeah you get in there! no homo... hahaha
    No PS is great. You can really feel when the tires start slipping lol

and I would put all the interior in after paint? I dunno

Now that whole time that Peakboost was f%*&ing me in the a$$(didnt even buy me a drink).For those of you that know me knows that i cant just go and do things the easy way.Instead of waiting for this manifold and just putting it on with the old turbo and some custom piping.......I start buying things for my DOHC swap!!!

Here are some parts that ive got during this wait..

Evo 8 cylinder head fully ported

HKS 272 camshafts and HKS cam gears

HKS high flow fuel rail and a Zaklee clear cam gear cover

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    yeah you get in there! no homo... hahaha
    No PS is great. You can really feel when the tires start slipping lol

and I would put all the interior in after paint? I dunno
    lmao!Gotta get down and dirty...I love no PS!! but with these big cars the guys with the very small arms need this(dont really have that problem).

Ya your right but this interior comes out quick and easy..idk how many times ive contantly taken everything out and put back in.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Looking really good Brian. I had some problems with Peakboost when I ordered my manifold, it wasnt as bad as the stuff thats going on now. I waited almost 2 extra weeks to get mine. The car looks really good with the Dolphin front, how big of a FMIC did you stuff in there? I was always concerned my 3" core wouldnt do the job, if I ever get to that point, im most likely going to need to swap bumpers to a dolphin so I can fit a larger core in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

blue8g
    Damn I guess hes always been sketchy

And damn every post you make is better

Def one of my favorite recent builds

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast