The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gTorque's Project Build

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Looking really good Brian. I had some problems with Peakboost when I ordered my manifold, it wasnt as bad as the stuff thats going on now. I waited almost 2 extra weeks to get mine. The car looks really good with the Dolphin front, how big of a FMIC did you stuff in there? I was always concerned my 3" core wouldnt do the job, if I ever get to that point, im most likely going to need to swap bumpers to a dolphin so I can fit a larger core in there.
    Thanks alot man...Ya the whole peakboost experience was a nightmare and then some.It basicaully to me a whole year to get this manifold back and done right.before when i had the cyber 2 bumper i was running a 4" core.I also had a 3" core laying around and i ended up having to swap out to that one.The dolphin bumper barley gives you any space for anything bigger then 3".I think if I try and get every little cm of space and safe away from anything I can probably fit a 3.5" intercooler behind the mouth.I was thinking about a ETS intercooler or maybe a Buschus would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    Damn I guess hes always been sketchy

And damn every post you make is better

Def one of my favorite recent builds
    Ya man...I keep it moving..No matter what theres always something your gonna change on your car if your into that type of thing.Thanks for the compliment

Performance before visual is my thing.

this is inspirational really man im going to work lots overtime now so i can start with my plans. great work.!!!
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Quote Originally Posted by dGALANTc View Post
    this is inspirational really man im going to work lots overtime now so i can start with my plans. great work.!!!
    Thank you man..Im glad this helped you see how much potential these cars can really have.Its a great feeling when you have a car that no one in there right mind would ever think that it could be quick or nice looking.Being different isnt so bad sometimes.Dont work to hard man lol!! thanks

yea i knew the potential i was just not motivated lol. there are a couple guys cars that helped get me motivated but yours is the straw that broke.... you get the idea.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

lol I know what you mean...glad i could help

Now all the evo valve covers come in red...I like red but i wanted to change it up alittle bit.

Blue powder coated with Greddy oil cap

The valve cover has a MG on the top right corner.Lets just pretend that it stands for Mitsubishi Galant lol!!

^^love that blue

It came out good...Alot better then i expected!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    actually that means you got one of those extra special magnesium valve covers

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtorque View Post
    Now all the evo valve covers come in red...I like red but i wanted to change it up alittle bit.

Blue powder coated with Greddy oil cap

The valve cover has a MG on the top right corner.Lets just pretend that it stands for Mitsubishi Galant lol!!
    side note for you, if you ever attempt to remove that greddy oil cap after the car has been running for about 25 mins or more, it will be as hot as the surface of the sun. I gave my old greddy cap to someone for free. I burned the shit out of my hand on it, the engine was off for about 30 minutes and it was still burning hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Gtorque View Post
    Thanks alot man...Ya the whole peakboost experience was a nightmare and then some.It basicaully to me a whole year to get this manifold back and done right.before when i had the cyber 2 bumper i was running a 4" core.I also had a 3" core laying around and i ended up having to swap out to that one.The dolphin bumper barley gives you any space for anything bigger then 3".I think if I try and get every little cm of space and safe away from anything I can probably fit a 3.5" intercooler behind the mouth.I was thinking about a ETS intercooler or maybe a Buschus would be good.
    The trick to creating space up front is to relocate the power steering cooler. Once thats gone, that vertical bar on the radiator support that has the bolt on bottom for the power steering cooler, cut it just above the bolt hole, bend it back and weld it to the bottom of the radiator support (to the bar the radiator sits on top of) then where the bolt hole was in the lower bar, grind it all down, I gained about 1/2" to 3/4" clearance by doing that.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

^ Trust me i know...I always carry a thick rag in the glove box to protect my hands

The trick to creating space up front is to relocate the power steering cooler. Once thats gone, that vertical bar on the radiator support that has the bolt on bottom for the power steering cooler, cut it just above the bolt hole, bend it back and weld it to the bottom of the radiator support (to the bar the radiator sits on top of) then where the bolt hole was in the lower bar, grind it all down, I gained about 1/2" to 3/4" clearance by doing that.
    I deleted my entire p/s unit and looped the hose by the firewall...ahh ok,ill look at that

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    actually that means you got one of those extra special magnesium valve covers
    I know man i was jk

Finally the manifolds here

Now that I got my manifold back from Peakboost i decided to go with a turbo alittle bigger than a 50 trim journal

My Precision 6262 Ball bearing turbo came in!!

The first thing i did was take the turbo apart and get the exhaust of it ceramic coated.

Here was alittle test fit before the ceramic coating

Last edited by Gtorque; 10-22-2010 at 07:59 AM

Brian who did the ceramic coating on the hotside? Even with the coating I would still put a bag over that thing. I had jethot 2000 on my old hotside, 3rd dyno pull that stuff started flaking off all over, it couldnt handle it and that was about 1700 degrees. With the bag over my turbo, I can do a WOT pull, pull over and touch the bag with my bare hand and not get burned. The other thing I would recommend is having the manifold swain coated. It will be a sad day when I do it and lose the bling bling, but it really needs to be done. My underhood temps went up about 20 degrees after switching to this manifold since the runners are so long, they give off a crazy amount of heat.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Brian who did the ceramic coating on the hotside? Even with the coating I would still put a bag over that thing. I had jethot 2000 on my old hotside, 3rd dyno pull that stuff started flaking off all over, it couldnt handle it and that was about 1700 degrees. With the bag over my turbo, I can do a WOT pull, pull over and touch the bag with my bare hand and not get burned. The other thing I would recommend is having the manifold swain coated. It will be a sad day when I do it and lose the bling bling, but it really needs to be done. My underhood temps went up about 20 degrees after switching to this manifold since the runners are so long, they give off a crazy amount of heat.
    Damn..I knew this shit was gonna get extremely hot..Ill go and buy a bag next week for it.Lol your right, I cant stand seeing rust under my hood..Ill look into the swain coating.Thanks

Wow nice build thread keep it up.

^ Thanks alot man..theres more to come.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast