The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 148 of 538 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Showing results 2,941 to 2,960 of 10744
    You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by valley8g View Post
    Then today after debating it and looking over a few pics of the test fit, those to be exact, I decided to buy some cheap used tires to test fit the wheels on the car... I went with what greddy recomended since I honestly was lost... tires are 225/40/18

Granted its still just a test fit and i am not entirely sure if im comfortable with them... if weather permits i may try both of them on this weekend..
    Looks good

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Valley8G,

I would recommend you dial in more negative rear camber, you can afford to run at least another -.5 to -.75 degree. It should help it tuck up more sufficiently. Are you planning to run fender flares, or no?
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Valley, you need @ least an addition degree of neg. camber, and some fender rolling/shaving/pulling. offset is 20, size is 18x9.5 right?
    ^This is exactly what you need to do to complete the look. Stretched tires look good when executed correctly.

But ^this is going way too far IMO SMH
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    So how much work is he going to do if he runs fender flares? cuz it looks like if he just rolls the rears, and adds some negative camber, it looks like it'll fit. LOOKS NICE, hmmmmm

How much fender pulling you think on the front to clear rubbing issues when at full lock?
    Yea, it should fit nice with a little more camber (plenty of room to do so). With or without flares too. Though as it sits they would be beautifully flush with the jdm flares, though I would do a complete rear fender pull.

Quote Originally Posted by valley8g View Post
    Actually im waiting on some funds to come through in order to get some coils and the camber kit I need... im still just on gr2s and teins, but flares aren't really on my mind was thinking or hoping just rolling and pulling the fenders plus some more neg camber that rears would clear..

Yeah I couldn't agree more and as far as the wheels yeah they're the odd size of 18x9.75 with a 20 offset

Yeah as well as more prone to damage if not careful...
    No, they should clear fine without flares and just more camber. Just was wondering if you had planned for flares or not ;)

I have done a lot of extreme fitment on our cars. 19x10 +25 19x9.5 +25 & +40. 20x9.5 +37. Among others...

Yea, it should fit nice with a little more camber (plenty of room to do so). With or without flares too. Though as it sits they would be beautifully flush with the jdm flares, though I would do a complete rear fender pull.
    How the heck do you do a rear fender pull, and still keep the same contours so that the rear fender flares lines up nicely. I guessyou know what I'm after lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Looks good

^This is exactly what you need to do to complete the look. Stretched tires look good when executed correctly.

But ^this is going way too far IMO SMH

Agreed, it looks dangerous.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    I like it and would do it if it wasn't driven daily when I had my 20's my lip stuck out like that I took one of those sewer shits and bent the inside of the rim

«Carlos»

How the heck do you do a rear fender pull, and still keep the same contours so that the rear fender flares lines up nicely. I guessyou know what I'm after lol
    Time, effort, patience...that is the only way.

And a big ass hammer and bitchin' heat gun....lol

Got an inspection today and then put my tinted tails and retrofits back on and later Installed a V6 TB and a CAI.

Time, effort, patience...that is the only way

And a big ass hammer and bitchin' heat gun....lol
    So its done by hand? dang.... so I assuming pulling means your actually stretching the metal? outwards? dang it, I might have to go to a body shop for that lol

So its done by hand? dang.... so I assuming pulling means your actually stretching the metal? outwards? dang it, I might have to go to a body shop for that lol
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=7714&page=10

Read this, great stuff.

lol, I was like, wait I know that g...

i pulled my rear fenders no problem ill get some detailed pics later tonight... the fronts you have to be careful with, because if you go to aggressive you will create a gap between the fender and the door. i will also take pictures of that lol. learned the hard way
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You can always cut the fender lip too, I did that front and rear.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    im still at the body shop working on my bumper. thank god they are sooo busy they are open 24hrs, i plan on stayin til at least 1am, did I mention, i gotta work at 6am.....fack!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    im still at the body shop working on my bumper. thank god they are sooo busy they are open 24hrs, i plan on stayin til at least 1am, did I mention, i gotta work at 6am.....fack!!!
    I have pulled lots of those. Needed to be in Simi Valley (2.5hrs away for me) at 8am left shop at 4am to shower up change. Met up with the crew at 5am at gas station and drove away with truck and trailer (with race car on it), so hard to stay awake.

No, they should clear fine without flares and just more camber. Just was wondering if you had planned for flares or not ;)

I have done a lot of extreme fitment on our cars. 19x10 +25 19x9.5 +25 & +40. 20x9.5 +37. Among others...
    well next thing i know im getting is a camber kit.. but im assuming the same size wheel would be to much for the front right? there are two options as far as something smaller what do you think would be best to go with....
    there is either a
    18x8.75 with a 20 offset
    or
    18x8.75 with a 35 offset

I would suggest 18x8.75 +35 with the same size tires.

Although thinking about it, depending how much camber you want to run up front you could run the +20 offset wheels. How much camber or how aggressive do you want your wheels?
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 10-01-2011 at 09:25 AM

I would suggest 18x8.75 +35 with the same size tires.

Although thinking about it, depending how much camber you want to run up front you could run the +20 offset wheels. How much camber or how aggressive do you want your wheels?
    i was thinking about having the face of the rim flush with the fenders..

lol, I was like, wait I know that g...
    haha, I am everywhere on soo many forums.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I have pulled lots of those. Needed to be in Simi Valley (2.5hrs away for me) at 8am left shop at 4am to shower up change. Met up with the crew at 5am at gas station and drove away with truck and trailer (with race car on it), so hard to stay awake.
    I did that for MOD last year. I was literally installing my headliner and door panels at 12am, went to bed at 1am, woke up at 5am and headed out with the car on the trailer. Got a flat on the trailer near my uncles house in NJ, had to unload the G and leave it on the side of the road (a very difficult decision) and then go back for it a half hour later. Then drove the G the rest of the way to MOD
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Ohhh yeah the bumper is in primer right now..... Should be painted on monday or tuesday.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 148 of 538 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast