The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 202 of 538 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Showing results 4,021 to 4,040 of 10744
    Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    Stupid ebay leds. Supposed to be bright, they look just like the ones from superbrightleds.com. Le sigh, the search continues.
    I was gonna send you this link but I saw that you had already made the purchase.

This is their 194 style.
    http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/...&productId=337

This is their 74 style for HVAC
    http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/...&productId=338

I can personally vouch for their brightness, I have them on all my cars.
    Both G's have the cluster and HVACS done, The Shifter illumination, ashtray, and license plate. Gonna go snap a few...

I don't mean to picwhore but I really want Carl to have a good look before he decides to buy.

Ok to start out here is the License plate, I some so you can see where the light makes it to the street, also my phone was auto-focusing the whole time so some lit really blue like 8000k hid and others lit like 6000k hid, the color in person is closer to 6000k.

Here is the interior lighting, on this car I did gauge cluster with their 6000k LEDs and I stripped the waxy coating on the gauge faces on the instrument panel.

Here is the cars HVAC and shift selector lighting, the selector had some of that blue coating but I didn't remove it so it looks a bit blue. Also did the ashtray and cigarette lighter.

No lighter in it, can see inside it.

Here's the other Galant, I used their 4300k LEDs on the instrument cluster without stripping the waxy coating and license plate, HVACs and shift selector are 6000k.

I also have these on my Tahoe, all of the map, license and courtesy lights on the doors are 194 LEDs, the 6000k versions, also seem a bit bluer than in person.

Shot I took to show how it lights the interior. Yes that is a Black Ice Little Tree hanging off the lever in the steering column.

Also, all these LED's and then your date opens her visor to touch up and reveals some ugly yellow ass lights, why not surprise her with these....Don't worry she won't be blinded for more than 2 seconds, then she will have enough focus to her eye liner on right and feel like a star doing it.

Again, sorry to picwhore, but Ive been in the hunt for bright 194 LEDs and know what it feels like to buy shit lights that looked bright but sucked on person. But then I ran into these and won't buy anything else!!
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 01-10-2012 at 06:27 AM

what bulbs did you get for the visors that my next purchase. the cars and the tahoe look great man
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    what bulbs did you get for the visors that my next purchase. the cars and the tahoe look great man
    Thanks man, I got those from superbrightleds.com
    they have a very good LED selection, but like Carl said they suck at 194's. Everything else is great though.

Here's the link make sure that you select 12V if you decide to buy.
    http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...%2FF30-WHP.htm

I appreciate those pics Vic. Its hit and miss when it comes to leds. I try the high power ones and they still light up the same. Fails all around.

thanks im gonna order them tomorrow, my wife will appreciate that i thought of here lol.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    thanks im gonna order them tomorrow, my wife will appreciate that i thought of here lol.
    Great excuse to buy LEDs for the whole car.

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    I appreciate those pics Vic. Its hit and miss when it comes to leds. I try the high power ones and they still light up the same. Fails all around.
    I know, tried all that bullshit, high power, wide angle the list goes on.
    Then I found those and was very impressed, they sell them in 6k and 4.5k and the color is very similar to what you would expect from an HID kit.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post

Ok.....It's your car. Do whatever makes you happy.

I did it for function not looks. I want to use the foglight hole for my air intake but I still like the road being lit up at night. I'm going to put a metal mesh grill insert to try to hide the foglights. But, I totally agree, it looks stupid
    Last edited by Black8GV6; 06-19-2012 at 05:03 PM
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    ^ Do you have an HID kit for your heads? I'd suggest getting one if lighting is an issue for you. It would look better if you installed the fogs in the factory location.
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Good post on the led's. I'm running an inverted one I think they call it, in my tag location. It's so dim. One thing I don't like about the galant vs my old s14 was it had two bulb locations above. So light was spread out even across the whole plate. I use to run highpower leds in them, and it almost looked like I ha neons under my bumper cause the light hit the ground too. On s14s the bulbs are around the bumper not the trunk, so that's why lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    I did it for function not looks. I want to use the foglight hole for my air intake but I still like the road being lit up at night. I'm going to put a metal mesh grill insert to try to hide the foglights. But, I totally agree, it looks stupid
    Thats not going to give you any more power if thats why you are doing it, just a ricer thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Great excuse to buy LEDs for the whole car.
    I have these in my license plate and gear selection lights, and they are bright as hell: LEDs
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    I have these in my license plate and gear selection lights, and they are bright as hell: LEDs
    I got ebay one, I dont want to ruin my vision at night with overly bright stuff in the cable. Hell the only lights I have in the cabin are my gauges both pillar and cluster, and my radio. Cig light I took out along with ashtray, and ac controls.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    I got ebay one, I dont want to ruin my vision at night with overly bright stuff in the cable. Hell the only lights I have in the cabin are my gauges both pillar and cluster, and my radio. Cig light I took out along with ashtray, and ac controls.
    The bulb is perfect for the PRND32L, it's not too bright at all. My brightest are my gauge overlays

I need to see all that, i'm blind as it is lol
    -Andrew

Off to go work on inkector scaling

Sigh I have a vacuum leak somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    Those particular fogs will be about as much help to you as the intake fog light air hole will. Silly noob. If you need light on the road grab a 5000k hid kit and just remove the fogs altogether so you don't lose you're New HP Gains.

New rear mount. (Before it takes a toll on my intake manifold)

Blowout!!

Page 202 of 538 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast