The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 22 of 538 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122522 ... LastLast
Showing results 421 to 440 of 10744
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    I'm gonna do my inner n outer tie rods n front camber kit as soon as class is done tonight. N try n align it tonight too
    Lemme know that inner tie rod goes... Mine is due to be done
    -Andrew

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I'm gonna be busy lol

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

not that hard your going to need an alignment afterwards swap out wile the tire is on the floor so you dont knock out the alignment too much

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Drove it back to buffalo in under 6hrs ;-)
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by Rach3T8G View Post
    Drove it back to buffalo in under 6hrs ;-)
    Hell yeah! I'm from buffalo ;)
    -Andrew

Been busy!!! Lookin good Keith. I'm on my phone so I'll check out the video later.
    haha alright. Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    cool. Right after this semester ill probably start.

man you've been putting in alot of work for both cars. you going turbo? later down the road ill get a tactrix cable it would be cool to learn how to use it.
    Yes, I'm planning on putting a turbo on it. Hoping for August as the ETA.

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Is that a magnaflow XL you have there in the middle? If it is then ...ouch. This shit sucks. It was quiet at first then it got louder and louder and now i hear a constant drone inside. This shit is empty inside. Besides the perforated pipe theres nothing else in it, no fiberglass wool or any other kind of sound deadning material. Im throwing this shit away. Ill be getting the new Magnaflow glasspacks with high temp resistant material. They are cheap too.
    Let me know how it is. Yes I hate the drone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rach3T8G View Post
    Sounds good keith
    Thanks Chris! I enjoy the sound, especially since headers really ruined the smooth sound I used to have lol. It's finally good sounding again from being complete honda civic rasp over 3k rpms just after the header install.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Thanks man. Yes i am i got certifeid over the summer in Maryland. But since maryland EMT protocols are differnt i cant practice in Colorado till i am 18 and have my national Cert.

Keith the car sounds good. s that stock tubing after the magnaflow??
    Yep, unfortunately it is. Too man bends to fab one up. When I get around to ordering angle piping I'll shoot a new sound video and put up new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    like the placement on the gas struts i need to do the same thing for some reason mine doesent stay up all the time my trunk slammed me in the head the other day didn't feel to nice!
    I was afraid mine was going to do the same lol. They were supposed to be for the g6 without a spoiler, so didn't really know what to expect. Glad it worked out for me though. Only took a few minutes to brainstorm a plan for fitment lol.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I wonder if those would cause pressue on a carbon fiber trunk to lift it up? you know the common problem off the torsion bars.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    I wonder if those would cause pressue on a carbon fiber trunk to lift it up? you know the common problem off the torsion bars.
    I guess I'm unaware of the torsion bar problem. Care to help the clueless? lol

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    still not for use with a carbon fiber trunk. the problem is the mounting point on the trunk is not strong enough for that much tension. when you close the trunk you can snap if off...

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110;
    I was afraid mine was going to do the same lol. They were supposed to be for the g6 without a spoiler, so didn't really know what to expect. Glad it worked out for me though. Only took a few minutes to brainstorm a plan for fitment lol.
    tut time?
    -Andrew

Coolest newb eva!
    Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    tut time?
    X 2. My torsion bars somehow bent and wont hold up the lid anymore.

tut time?
    lol I could do that. I'll take a video of the trunk before I do a tut. Make sure you guys want what I put together.

But if I were you, I would buy these in the next 2 hours lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-20...#ht_500wt_1182

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    not that hard your going to need an alignment afterwards swap out wile the tire is on the floor so you dont knock out the alignment too much
    All done not hard at all didnt have a chance to align it today :( my bad I didn't pick up the phone
    Lemme know that inner tie rod goes... Mine is due to be done
    It went good really easy. Easier then my friends Pontiac.

Oh I did my tie rods today lol.

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

How many times have you done your tie rods?? hahaha

I found a new way to change to interior color for cheap! But i aint telling how till i am done;)

All done not hard at all didnt have a chance to align it today :( my bad I didn't pick up the phone

It went good really easy. Easier then my friends Pontiac.

Oh I did my tie rods today lol.
    No alignment! Probably temporarily steers funny lol

How many times have you done your tie rods?? hahaha

I found a new way to change to interior color for cheap! But i aint telling how till i am done;)
    Crayola?

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

How many times have you done your tie rods??
    What you mean this is the first time I did mine. lol

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Crayola?
    HAHAHA hell yeah. Nah its was the shoe polish in a liquid form. The one that has the foam applicator on it.

Theres a pict and it looked great. But i went to put some megueirs interior spray on it as a test and everything wiped of. The problem is that the shoe polish is a water biased dye, and AUTO plastic is meant to repel water. So i think i am going to use SEM dye next time. But that is expensive 10.95 a can.

I got my high flow cat in today. It is either a 300 or 400 cell count. 2.5" in and 2.5" out

Once my anlge finder and protractor come in i can start on the exhuast. I need to order flanges and the piping then i will be done with that.

I also have been trying to get my LED bulbs on ebay, but somone comes in at the last minute So far i have won one LED haah.

HAHAHA hell yeah. Nah its was the shoe polish in a liquid form. The one that has the foam applicator on it.

Theres a pict and it looked great. But i went to put some megueirs interior spray on it as a test and everything wiped of. The problem is that the shoe polish is a water biased dye, and AUTO plastic is meant to repel water. So i think i am going to use SEM dye next time. But that is expensive 10.95 a can.

I got my high flow cat in today. It is either a 300 or 400 cell count. 2.5" in and 2.5" out

Once my anlge finder and protractor come in i can start on the exhuast. I need to order flanges and the piping then i will be done with that.

I also have been trying to get my LED bulbs on ebay, but somone comes in at the last minute So far i have won one LED haah.
    haha I do that last minute bidding all the time. That's how I got my brembo's. No one wants to pay more than they have to lol.

Sucks the shoe polish stuff didn't work. It looked good.

I also have a high flow cat. Didn't really notice any difference beside making me feel better because its new.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Another grille n did my alignment which is on the money!!

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    haha I do that last minute bidding all the time. That's how I got my brembo's. No one wants to pay more than they have to lol.

Sucks the shoe polish stuff didn't work. It looked good.

I also have a high flow cat. Didn't really notice any difference beside making me feel better because its new.
    Yeah but half the time all of the bidding ends late at night and i dont feel like staying up toi bid on a .95 cent bulb hahah,

I know i was reading on a chevelle forum and the said it worked great, but i guess different plastic.

The only reason i got it was that my dowpipe section, the flex cracked so i figured might as well go to a custom built 2.5" section and delete the flex.

Page 22 of 538 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122522 ... LastLast