The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 339 of 538 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Showing results 6,761 to 6,780 of 10744
    I know the JDM fogs are Koito and the headlights are Stanley, so I feel like the taillights could be either.

Back to me now lol...Finally got my HIDs hooked up for the fogs. Felt kinda bad about chopping up the JDM dust cover, but it had to be done!

Besides the tails, I just got a set of leds in the mail for my dome lights....which didnt fit.....

so I ended up removing the caps, soldering some 18g wire....

Cleaned up contact points with acid, laid down some solder.....

Soldered the wires up....

Epoxied the leds in at the corresponding angle of originals....

and bam, led dome lights, poor contrast due to daytime but I shall make an edit with before and after....

Any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by NCamiolo View Post
    I know the JDM fogs are Koito and the headlights are Stanley, so I feel like the taillights could be either.

Back to me now lol...Finally got my HIDs hooked up for the fogs. Felt kinda bad about chopping up the JDM dust cover, but it had to be done!

Looks damn good! 8000k?

Quote Originally Posted by gojirars View Post
    Looks damn good! 8000k?
    6000K actually, but the tint on the headlights throws the color off a bit. Good choice going for LED dome lights. I did mine very similarly in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by NCamiolo View Post
    6000K actually, but the tint on the headlights throws the color off a bit. Good choice going for LED dome lights. I did mine very similarly in blue.
    Very nice, I was debating that or white, but due to car color I felt blue looked off, so I went with the white.

So here is a better example of compared light output after the led install....

before

after

I just purchased 2001 8g JDM tails, the amber colored ones.....are those hard to come by? $ 190 shipped....
    Nice! You got the tails I've been wanting but have been too cheap to buy. Very good choice.

Nice job on the LED dome lights too. I know who I'm asking for dome light info now for next Summer :)
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Nice! You got the tails I've been wanting but have been too cheap to buy. Very good choice.

Nice job on the LED dome lights too. I know who I'm asking for dome light info now for next Summer :)
    Thanks Matt! Been busy with work as of late. I was really happy that I found those tails, next up front end haha. More of something I will purchase in a few months. the domes were very easy to install and it literally takes 5 min. 11 counting epoxy. When are you guys meeting up again?

What's an approximate price for these shipped?

Re: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer-33 View Post

What's an approximate price for these shipped?
    I seen them for as low as $125 shipped but I haven't shopped for them in a couple of years.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    I seen them for as low as $125 shipped but I haven't shopped for them in a couple of years.

Thanks man, seems that I might be able to nab them for $150 shipped if no one else bids from a private seller. Another seller that has a lot in stock is asking over $228 or so.
    Last edited by Slayer-33; 10-28-2012 at 01:44 PM

Thanks Matt! Been busy with work as of late. I was really happy that I found those tails, next up front end haha. More of something I will purchase in a few months. the domes were very easy to install and it literally takes 5 min. 11 counting epoxy. When are you guys meeting up again?
    I'm excited to see it all turn out with those tails and the JDM front, especially with your color. As far as the next meet, I don't know off hand yet. It will probably be a little while I'm guessing, since we all just got together this past Friday at the last minute for the 3G's to get on the dyno at MAP. We have been talking about planning random get-togethers from time to time over the Winter, even if it just means meeting up somewhere to grab a bite to eat and catch up on things. This time of year, everything just seems to slow down.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    I'm excited to see it all turn out with those tails and the JDM front, especially with your color. As far as the next meet, I don't know off hand yet. It will probably be a little while I'm guessing, since we all just got together this past Friday at the last minute for the 3G's to get on the dyno at MAP. We have been talking about planning random get-togethers from time to time over the Winter, even if it just means meeting up somewhere to grab a bite to eat and catch up on things. This time of year, everything just seems to slow down.
    It's gonna look sexy lol. send me a pm whenever you guys do, it does get really slow but I am planning on things as winter continues heh heh.....

took out the HID's and put stock bulbs back on cuz ballast was going bad, interior trim off a 8g v6 is black now, want to finish the grill before the next car meet, (check out sig for pictures)

what HIDs did you use? how long did they last? im iffy on getting a set because i dont want to waste money on them if they are going to go out.

Experienced TGC Member
    Replaced bad input shaft bearing replaced all seals,gave it a bath,and gave her a new face lift. NOW FOR THE INSTALL.. cant figure out why my pictures are small..
    Last edited by coconut; 10-30-2012 at 12:20 AM

Quote Originally Posted by cburch427 View Post
    what HIDs did you use? how long did they last? im iffy on getting a set because i dont want to waste money on them if they are going to go out.
    the key to long lasting HID is using a relay harness that draws power directly from the battery. HID is so cheap now that it is near the price of quality bulbs so if you want to upgrade to uprated bulbs like silver stars, it's worth it to just go straight to HID.

Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Quote Originally Posted by cburch427 View Post
    Ive had mine (running on stock wires, no relay) for 2 years now and they are still perfect. Just don't be afraid to spend a little bit more for a good set, as opposed to an eBay on. Mine cost me $100 but they are still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    the key to long lasting HID is using a relay harness that draws power directly from the battery. HID is so cheap now that it is near the price of quality bulbs so if you want to upgrade to uprated bulbs like silver stars, it's worth it to just go straight to HID.
    This.

Additionally one shouldn't be skeptical on the purchase of HID's for fear they won't last, for example if you got to your local parts store and buy a regular replacement bulb and it lasts you 2 years you aren't gonna get mad and try to warranty it or fear the purchase of another bulb, even if it only lasted 6 even 3 months, the bulb is gone time to buy another. So If you buy a HID set for 40-50 dollars and it lasts a year take them for what they were and get another set, for some reason people seem to think HID's are forever, just like anything else they are wear items. They are going to go out, some sooner or later than others. I have owned different kits and some lasted 3 months and some a year, and my Mcullcoh sets which were bought 5-6 years ago are still going strong.
    If funds allow buy a quality kit like those available from The Retrofit Source, but if budget only allows the Xentec eBay special then go for it just don't expect the kit to outlive your neighbors annoying barking dog!

P.S: The proper installation (which includes a relay) will prolong the life of any HID kit period.

Re: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    More info about this please??
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 339 of 538 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast