The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 360 of 538 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Showing results 7,181 to 7,200 of 10744

wow it is looking good. since my car is already black it defeats the purpose of two toning. i already painted my shifter bezel and door handles gloss black and plan to dip the rest. i was thinking black and white or black and red
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

They look so good when new. I would like coils because of their adjustability, but I don't need 'em, so I'm going cheap with my drop (whenever I get around to it). Gonna be a minute though, Uncle Sam isn't being friendly with my tax return this year.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    delivered, im almost done with it, hardwired in wires for aux in and usb power, fixed ash tray light, and im off to go look at some floor mats.

Looks good! Mitsu should've made black interiors as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    They look so good when new. I would like coils because of their adjustability, but I don't need 'em, so I'm going cheap with my drop (whenever I get around to it). Gonna be a minute though, Uncle Sam isn't being friendly with my tax return this year.
    Coils aren't much more than buying performance shocks and lowering springs. If you buy just springs and use OEM shocks they will end up blowing sooner than later. Just save up for them. Just speaking from experience I wasted my time and money on AGX's and springs. Coilovers are so much better because I didn't get the drop I wanted with the AGX's and they didn't handle as well as as my BC's. And the ride isn't as bad as I bought it would be either. It's about the same as AGX's and Tein S-Techs when you have the dampening dialed down to soft.
    I feel you about Uncle Sam though, he's not being that generous to me this year either...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

^^That sounds like good advice Will. I've heard conflicting things about D2's, some say they're good, some say they aren't. Martin kinda sold me on his AMR's, but that $1700+, that's why I keep thinking I don't need them, but if I go all in, I want something that will last and not give me problems, or have some sort of guarantee if something does go wrong.

And yes, Uncle Sam is raping me for my income tax return, putting more strain on my finances as I come up with this down payment on this house, pay these bills, and pay a second mortgage ($2K+ a month) to my kids' childcare center.

-Greg

2k/month on childcare? jeebus.

I wouldn't touch D2.

^^That sounds like good advice Will. I've heard conflicting things about D2's, some say they're good, some say they aren't. Martin kinda sold me on his AMR's, but that $1700+, that's why I keep thinking I don't need them, but if I go all in, I want something that will last and not give me problems, or have some sort of guarantee if something does go wrong.

And yes, Uncle Sam is raping me for my income tax return, putting more strain on my finances as I come up with this down payment on this house, pay these bills, and pay a second mortgage ($2K+ a month) to my kids' childcare center.
    i did the exact same thing. went from stock gtz to tein and agx, then to megan and agx, then got a good deal on some ksports.
    i havent had any issues with them yet.

i would recommend saving up for coilovers, and you don't have to get the real expensive ones, i don't think you plan on doing any racing..

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Coils aren't much more than buying performance shocks and lowering springs. If you buy just springs and use OEM shocks they will end up blowing sooner than later. Just save up for them. Just speaking from experience I wasted my time and money on AGX's and springs. Coilovers are so much better because I didn't get the drop I wanted with the AGX's and they didn't handle as well as as my BC's. And the ride isn't as bad as I bought it would be either. It's about the same as AGX's and Tein S-Techs when you have the dampening dialed down to soft.
    I feel you about Uncle Sam though, he's not being that generous to me this year either...
    +1 on this ^^^

My first set up was Kyb AGX and Tein springs. First they are nice combo but they didn't last at all specially for DD.
    Buying a set of AGX and lowering springs is almost buying a set of coils.

Just save couple hundred dollars and get coils. I like my megans coils but when I bought a set of BC coils I like them better than megans.

TURBO= in the making.......

2k a month on childcare damn dude thats nuts
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I freaking take home 2k a month!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 like a boss!!

picked up a new tow rig for the Galant, 00' Excursion 7.3 turbo diesel w/138k, im so amped for the spring. lol by the way if anybody local is interested in a straight 98 Tahoe with 177k and bad mpg's let me know. i got one that needs to go!!

Nice truck Bryant, they get up too when they want to, ask Bernard (Mante) lol, the diesel Excursions are no joke!

<---pays $509/wk for childcare. Paid $21K total last year. Price we pay for having both of us working, no other (free) alternatives, and wanting our kids to not sit in front of a TV all day. And living in our area, $509/wk for a 1-yr-old and a 2-yr-old is cheap, I could easily pay 50% more at the more well known centers around here.

Back on subject though, I'm going to look more into coilovers. I want a Diamante next year to pimp out, I know I'm going to have trouble finding coils that fit that, so AMR might be my choice since I know they can make a custom set if you send them your strut/spring setup.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by zobgel View Post
    +1 on this ^^^

My first set up was Kyb AGX and Tein springs. First they are nice combo but they didn't last at all specially for DD.
    Buying a set of AGX and lowering springs is almost buying a set of coils.

Just save couple hundred dollars and get coils. I like my megans coils but when I bought a set of BC coils I like them better than megans.
    QFT, speaking of which I have the BC coils that you had sold to Dion lol

<---pays $509/wk for childcare. Paid $21K total last year. Price we pay for having both of us working, no other (free) alternatives, and wanting our kids to not sit in front of a TV all day. And living in our area, $509/wk for a 1-yr-old and a 2-yr-old is cheap, I could easily pay 50% more at the more well known centers around here.

Back on subject though, I'm going to look more into coilovers. I want a Diamante next year to pimp out, I know I'm going to have trouble finding coils that fit that, so AMR might be my choice since I know they can make a custom set if you send them your strut/spring setup.
    Thats is bananas! And to think I was complaining about $480/month for my Childcare! My 2 yr old son was going to school from 7am-6pm for that price. You might as well move to Cali bro! Cost of living is more but Childcare is cheaper. That's highway robbery! SMH I can't even fathom that. We paid $3500 for 7 months of Childcare last year...

As far as coils go with BC racing coils, best bang for your buck.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Were does one buy BC's at a good price?

Mannnnn that's so much for child care. Good thing it only last until they're 4 or so years old.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Were does one buy BC's at a good price?

The Internet lol! J/k! Idk of a specific place, like I said I got mine from Deeznutz...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Our vendor JM sells the BC coils he has a thread on c3g, shoot him a PM

4g64T 5spd

Screw JM, his prices suck. I have never once gotten a quote from him that wasn't more expensive than alternatives. You can always find it cheaper on eBay or Amazon or somewhere else where purchase takes 5 seconds and they ship immediately.

BC's are nice but I got the D2's free so I have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post

Looks great!

Did you dye / paint your dash or is it wrapped in vinyl?? Same with the doors... just paint?

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    lol by the way if anybody local is interested in a straight 98 Tahoe with 177k and bad mpg's let me know. i got one that needs to go!!
    Man if I was local I'd take it off ya hands for sure. I've been looking for one for a while

Page 360 of 538 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast