The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 4 of 534 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 10669
  1. #61
    Senior TGC Member mrg7243's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-29-2009
    Location
    Chadds Ford, PA
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    You got that Matt haha. Thanks bro.
    notta problem man, though the first few fill ups your fuel mileage is going to decrease, cause you wont be able to keep you foot out of it, becasue of filter GRRRR haha

  2. #62
    I took out the carpet. Found mad change and nasty stuff :(

    stuffed it in the trunk and headed out to clean it (1st stg).

    also vacuumed the inside and removed some sound deadening cause it cracked trying to look for coins. I washed the car for the first time in like a month or two and bought some stuff to start my next projects.
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 10-26-2010 at 05:50 PM

    Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    I took out the carpet. Found mad change and nasty stuff :(

    stuffed it in the trunk and headed out to clean it (1st stg).

    also vacuumed the inside and removed some sound deadening cause it cracked trying to look for coins. I washed the car for the first time in like a month or two and bout some stuff to start my next projects.
    ha lifting up the rugs is always fun. Whats the next project?


    Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped


    Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

  4. #64
    Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-23-2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,496
    i moved my car to the other side of the house where the pine needles don't fall.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by o1naturalhigh View Post
    i moved my car to the other side of the house where the pine needles don't fall.
    That was a good move man. I have a cherry tree which I stay clear off. lol


    Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped


    Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    ha lifting up the rugs is always fun. Whats the next project?
    blacking out all interior cloths . Im going to do the headliner and rear deck in a nice fabric dont know yet but i want a black one. 3g seats hopefully soon already have the steering wheel (un installed).I have courtesy lights waiting to go in some time; idk if i want to put a black light in them or a purple, like my bros e36. thats all for the interior and maybe black seat belts with a tan sleeve.

    my current one look dirty so black would be preferred.

    Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

  7. #67
    Senior TGC Member mrg7243's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-29-2009
    Location
    Chadds Ford, PA
    Posts
    2,769
    i went internet window shopping for the g. I found the rims i want (mainly the style) but Drag Dr-33 17x7.5 +42 mm offset. I couldnt find a similar rim made by a better brand, but from what i heard they are decent for the price.

  8. #68
    Bought some "stuff" and started planning the next phase.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

  9. #69
    found out that 02 and 03 galants that have done the five speed swap, the g runs better, about 600 rpm higher at idle compare to 500 rpm, when you unplug and say screw you to the shift solenoids... also did the valve gasket and plug seals, and b took out the entire clutch system, and bench bled the slave and master, WHOA! shifts way better now....

    AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

  10. #70
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-29-2009
    Location
    Holyoke,Massachusettes
    Posts
    3,600
    Bought vavle cover gaskets, spark plug cables, Spark plugs, tranny fluid, tranny pan gasket, oil pan gasket, pcv valve, ignition rotor, tranny filter I think thats it. N finished up my SRI.

    FreakyDeaky

    Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    found out that 02 and 03 galants that have done the five speed swap, the g runs better, about 600 rpm higher at idle compare to 500 rpm, when you unplug and say screw you to the shift solenoids... also did the valve gasket and plug seals, and b took out the entire clutch system, and bench bled the slave and master, WHOA! shifts way better now....
    I had to bleed my clutch and master a few times before I started liking the 5spd.

    I found it to be easier to but a hose on the slave bleeder and just keep filling the reservoir. That gets the system bled pretty quickly.


    Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped


    Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

  12. #72
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-29-2009
    Location
    Holyoke,Massachusettes
    Posts
    3,600
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    notta problem man, though the first few fill ups your fuel mileage is going to decrease, cause you wont be able to keep you foot out of it, becasue of filter GRRRR haha
    Nah my foot is still light lol only let her ROAR!!!!!!! a couple times lol.

    FreakyDeaky

    Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

  13. #73
    cleaned out the garage and driveway in anticipation to the upcoming swap/over haul. then ate icecream to celebrate

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    I had to bleed my clutch and master a few times before I started liking the 5spd.

    I found it to be easier to but a hose on the slave bleeder and just keep filling the reservoir. That gets the system bled pretty quickly.
    yeah i didn't like it that much at first, then i got use to it lol, but i got a bug and just decided i had enough.... but i never did think about putting a house from the bleeder valve to the main reservoir lol

    AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

  15. #75
    received my 3rd gen tails(:

  16. #76
    You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-03-2007
    Location
    Socal/Central Coast
    Posts
    3,803
    I picked up a whole bunch of groceries in my G today.. :)
    and about the bleeding, unless you have brand new EVERYTHING, you probably shouldn't re-route that hose to the reservoir if you're bleeding it for the first time. A lot of gunk is gonna come out of those lines.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    I picked up a whole bunch of groceries in my G today.. :)
    and about the bleeding, unless you have brand new EVERYTHING, you probably shouldn't re-route that hose to the reservoir if you're bleeding it for the first time. A lot of gunk is gonna come out of those lines.
    Not everyone has crap in the lines =)


    Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped


    Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    Bought vavle cover gaskets, spark plug cables, Spark plugs, tranny fluid, tranny pan gasket, oil pan gasket, pcv valve, ignition rotor, tranny filter I think thats it. N finished up my SRI.
    lol we got the same intake....guess its a Mass thing

  19. #79
    Got some headers, my stock ones are solid rust and cracked.


  20. #80

Page 4 of 534 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •