The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 401 of 538 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501 ... LastLast
Showing results 8,001 to 8,020 of 10744

^lol, yes
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Diamante dash 50% complete

Can you size down your sig please? Thanks, Admin :)

wow.. good job Cleazy... Is it pretty secure? Going to be a tutorial on this?

Looks good

Thanks bro....such a difference, just as a reference look at the before lol
    Maybe a tutorial...right now I still have to find a way to make custom ductwork for the vents and defrost rewire the diamante cluster to fit the G ,remove the ignition from the column and mount it on the dadh, and get the D's airbag to fit (steering bar might obstruct its location)

But all and all the outcome so far is night and day...this glove box will have a courtesy light, really completes your interior.
    Oh and btw our door panels need to be trimmed a lot if you don't want to cut your new D dash.

Nice progress! If you can make this work I might get myself one since I'm tired & annoyed by my cracked dash rattling.

That's pretty sweet looking so far on the dash.
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

Sick work...really takes the inerior up a notch. Was clean before, but now its on another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    What you use? I want to do this but to a dashboard I got from deeznutz
    I used a dye for the plastic part of the door and replaced the cloth with some leather.

Quote Originally Posted by XsinshineX View Post
    That's pretty sweet looking so far on the dash.
    A lot of work

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Sick work...really takes the inerior up a notch. Was clean before, but now its on another level.
    All jokes aside but it really feels as close as it's gonna feel to having a real vr4 dash...and from what I've read the vr4 galant our platform only came in RHD so even if I could get my hands on a dash...don't think it could work.

And the diamante cluster and vr4 cluster look almost identical...I've been thinking about swapping in that vr4 cluster...I'm handy with electrical but I would definately need some help from u guys

So just walked to check on my baby and seen a small puddle under the front bumper...looked like antifreeze ....opened the rad cap and this crud all in their...fml

Just finished taking the red lines out the reverse on my 02-03 tails. Had a bit of a hassle with the broken ends still wedged between the chrome of the lights. One tail I got it out a 100%, however the passenger side, a small part fell behind the chrome. No longer visible, out of sight out of mind lol.

A few tips for those doing this for the first time..everyone else just ignore I guess lol. In trying to get the pieces out the red can smudge off on to the lens. Take a long flat head, put grocery bag around the end and wrap a bit of paper towel over that, and duct tape around it all down around the screwdriver end. Then spray brake cleaner on the paper towel, pry around against the lens gently and it cleans off.

As far as getting the pieces out to begin with..take same screwdriver wrapped in a durable cloth and wiggle/ pry the pieces around until they fall out. Sometimes you have to push em against the lens and kind of scoot them. But use your finger first to pull out as much of it as a whole.
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 10-29-2013 at 09:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by cleazy123 View Post
    So just walked to check on my baby and seen a small puddle under the front bumper...looked like antifreeze ....opened the rad cap and this crud all in their...fml
    It's always something. I feel your pain. Got an oil leak a few days ago, so they put a dye in during my oil change I also had got done today. I gotta take it back in a few days for them to check with the light that reveals it. Then the replacement headlights I ordered arrived today as well. Thought I would be happy, but they're two different brands and look slightly different in the corner lens smh. Gotta wait on seller's response. Clearing my reverse lights is my only accomplishment lately.

Any idea on what happened with your car?
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 10-29-2013 at 09:43 PM

So it's been almost a year since I got my headers made but I finally put them on today. I still doing some work in the engine bay, should finish up next week, will post a video then too.

00 Eclipse RS MT

Who makes those, they look nice.

Hytech exhaust in california, great great job, they make them per order, it took 3 months from the time I called until they showed up at my door. I think their website shows the dyno that they gain ~40whp, I work the next 4 days so I wont be able to drive the car till then, still need to put new spark plugs in.
    00 Eclipse RS MT

I like, looks like quality pieces

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    It's always something. I feel your pain. Got an oil leak a few days ago, so they put a dye in during my oil change I also had got done today. I gotta take it back in a few days for them to check with the light that reveals it. Then the replacement headlights I ordered arrived today as well. Thought I would be happy, but they're two different brands and look slightly different in the corner lens smh. Gotta wait on seller's response. Clearing my reverse lights is my only accomplishment lately.

Any idea on what happened with your car?
    Seriously....two different heads...I would be pissed smh,
    Not sure she took about a quart of coolant, rad caps got this clay like shit crusted on it. Hasn't leaked since , so as of now I'm just keeping an eye on it :/

I've got enough going on with my diamante interior ..I don't really have enough time for coolant issues lol
    -wired the hazard button
    -installed my deck so I can finally have music
    - took a piece of metal from the old dash bracketry and used it mount the new dash to the factory dash location.
    -trimmed the stock 8g cluster to fit better..looks pretty flush IMO
    Solidly mounted though...starting to feel like the car came this way

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    Hytech exhaust in california, great great job, they make them per order, it took 3 months from the time I called until they showed up at my door. I think their website shows the dyno that they gain ~40whp, I work the next 4 days so I wont be able to drive the car till then, still need to put new spark plugs in.
    Holy crap Hytech. You're not messing around. Hytech > *

@Cleazy: The Diamante dash is a huge improvement but the fold out touch screen seems to take it down a notch IMO.

Page 401 of 538 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501 ... LastLast