The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 414 of 538 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Showing results 8,261 to 8,280 of 10744
    Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    replaced one of my belts since when I would turn on the car once in a while it would squeak

that's a nice dash

«Carlos»

came across these at junkyard had to get them guess its time for the fronts next

Quote Originally Posted by gojirars View Post
    Hmmm....

MORE NFO! I'm going to cleazys thread lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    MORE NFO! I'm going to cleazys thread lol
    That dash is going to be probably my whole summer project...if I go through with it.
    Love the look but I'm very OCD and literally everything has to be modded
    Infact to do it the right way...it would need to be trimmed on both sides , door panels have to be glassed so they can mate up with the now trimmed and glassed dash "sides". Then cluster....bezel would have to be somehow made bigger by putting ours inside of the diamante one and then bondoed and painted for aesthetics . Dash itself has no mounting points AT ALL....so you have to fab some up with scrap metal and a drill, nuts, and bolts. Hvac...lol, somehow glass the top of the hvac unit and glass in elbows and possible run 1 3/4" conduit with a shit load of elbows and 45's and then more glassing. Oh and lastly ...don't see how I would ever get the Diamante airbag in there and safely secure...you'd have to be a master welder...could dummy it up but that's not my style.

So make a long story short , if like to get my hands in a legnum or ec5 dash which I think only comes in RHD or I'm actually searching for another 8g dash ...too much work but we'll worth the try.
    Can you size down your sig please? Thanks, Admin :)

The galant dash is roughly 55" ish the Diamante's is 57" ish. I've got a spare shell to mock it up and properly fit it door cards and all. Right now I am trying to figure out the schematics for the EL gauges so I can use it. Right now the pcb out for full schematic as well as spare I4 cluster. I will update in a few weeks. Center console also needs redone mounts as well. Im going to attempt this properly since it is a large project with no knowledge aside from the previous comment. I might go back and grab the whole HVAC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by suspect456 View Post
    came across these at junkyard had to get them guess its time for the fronts next
    I've never seen those seats with the extra pleats and lines in them, that's interesting. I couldn't see that detail before on the mobile.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Got these in today. Along with a new battery, alternator, wiper motor, and negative battery cable yesterday.

^ duddeee i'm lovin those! how much did they run you? what size?
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

They are Konig Feather. 17x7.5 45 offset. I got them from Discount Tire for $450 shipped but the picture they show on the web site is of an 8 spoke (which is what I actually wanted) but the 5 lug version only comes in the 10 spoke.

I missed a good deal on some wheels due to money issues the other day :( oh well ill get some someday. Those look good btw I like em!

Cleand the summer shoes

Made a reinforcement plate for the spare wheel since it was always collapsing (4 mm thick aluminum is all we had so thats what i got )

Lookin clean

Thinking about selling her tho. i just know its going to be a car im going to miss whole lot, its just so damn expensive to customize a usdm car
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Wheels looking clean fellas. Well I took advantage of warmest day we'll probably have this week and the next, and plasti dipped my diamond stars. For a windy day ans my history of bad luck painting, they came out great. The excess peeled off like a dream. The rear needed a slight clean up, but that was due to me rushing taping the hole around the emblem in the drop sheet, and also not spreading it further around the car. Plus the wind didn't help. But still a great success.

If anyone plans to do this my only tips are: 4 coats at diff angles, 10 mins b/w first 3 coats and 20 for the last before peeling. Also on on the front try to coat the recessed area of the bumper as much as the emblem, so it will peel with the outter excess (peeled like a dream). For cleaning/prep I just sprayed a paper towel with invisible glass and wiped. Was afraid anything else would cause a reaction

Step one to restoration... New tires. I wanted to paint these rims before I installed them but mine were bald (partially causing that accident).
    Gonna play with the height a bit and hopefully roll the rear In a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job on the aluminum reinforcement. Gives me an idea.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

I agree... I love that idea

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

I used some wood and traced the spare tire cover on it. Cut it. Heated the carpet and peeled it off and then glued it back onto the new piece. Never will it cave in again!

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

gave the daily some much needed love.

replaced all 4 mounts got all beck/arnley mounts from rockauto. rear mount was the worst

also installed my old coilovers that i restored. and installed some adjustable sway bar links on the front and beck/arnley rear sway bar links

'00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Bet she feels heaps better now. ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

Page 414 of 538 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast