The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 423 of 538 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523 ... LastLast
Showing results 8,441 to 8,460 of 10744
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    How is the light out put on the road with the smoked fogs? I saw them on ebay too a while back and like the look, but I have an 02 so was out of luck and just got oem replacements
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Why would they not work for the 02/03 ?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Great output, I have HID's as well so its cleaner at night vs. stock. Yeah unfortunately the foglights are different for those years, I'm not sure if you'd be able to pop out the bulb housing from the bracket though - its a possibility and someone with more experience may be able to give a definite answer.

I think they have different mounting surrounds. Looks like the the actual housings are the same..didn't wanna risk it. Plus the different years had their own seperate auctions

-edit-
    ^beat me to it lol

Quote Originally Posted by cleazy123 View Post
    Yessir...they deleted all 3 cats and what a PITA they were to get all the old $h!t off..hey M-rod aside from the fact that they are loud as hell any recommendations to the next step would be (upgrade wise) tune,cams, etc? Should I have at least 1 cat welded on the bottom or just add a resonator to get rid of some of the raspiness
    Oh almost forgot..if you want a resonator have you looked into the vibrant ultra quiet..seems to have good reviews

Just bought MD717879 and MD710663 x2 Haven't bought the LSD yet
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Oh almost forgot..if you want a resonator have you looked into the vibrant ultra quiet..seems to have good reviews
    Yea I was just looking into resonators last night...there's something called an "AERO TURBINE" seems like a lot of southern trucks have em most of the forums talkin about em seem pretty country confederate flags and shit lol.. Then I came across a magna flow 24" briefly but did hear a few things about a vibrant that they stopped making??

Also I went cheap on the catback...ebay SMH lasted me about 8 mos before all the packing blew out of the N1 style muffler...now between headers and no cats and hollow pipe OMG Is this shit loud...any ideas on a universal muffler thinking maybe APEXI world sport and a universal resonator and use stock ebay (double walled) piping or go catback eclipse setup and just have it custom lengthened to fit the 8g?

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    ^Exactly!

Anything else you add, whether it be cams, intake mani swap, or a tune, will be watered down by that auto trans. You should be able to hit the 200whp ballpark with a manual swap, 6g75 intake mani, and a tune. Unless you decide to tackle a 3.8 swap, which would get you in the 240whp range without much work.
    Oh btw...tell me why between your post and now I found a gts manifold on CL $250 w/o solenoids and $300 with. Might pick it up wedsday but if like to know from you what's more beneficial that or diamante or 6g75? Or because it's such a sexy manifold just grab it just because lol.

Also...stopped at nearby junkyard 20 min ago on my lunch break and found an eclipse wrecked with the motor yanked BUT!! It was a five speed so...the guy said bring your tools lol
    It was a 4 cylinder . Will the pedals,master and slave and shift cables be the same for a 6g72?

The GTS manifold will provide very little benefit. It still utilizes the smaller throttle body. Also, for that price it really isn't worth it.

As far as the manual swap parts go, the pedals and shifter with linkage, are the same. The master cylinder can be used, but the V6 master has a vibration damper on it. The slave cylinder however, is not compatible.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    The GTS manifold will provide very little benefit. It still utilizes the smaller throttle body. Also, for that price it really isn't worth it.

As far as the manual swap parts go, the pedals and shifter with linkage, are the same. The master cylinder can be used, but the V6 master has a vibration damper on it. The slave cylinder however, is not compatible.
    Nice M-rod ...thanks for the pointers so grab the pedals shifter and linkage cables...I'm guessing I could get the master and slave from rockauto new and as far as IM what are your thoughts ...6g75 IM.? Thanks ahead of time
    Nice M-rod ...thanks for the pointers so grab the pedals shifter and linkage cables...I'm guessing I could get the master and slave from rockauto new and as far as IM what are your thoughts ...6g75 IM.? Thanks ahead of time...btw you said "utilizes smaller throttle body" what is the ideal setup 6g75 IM and TB...or diamante?
    Last edited by cleazy123; 05-23-2014 at 06:41 PM

Also I went cheap on the catback...ebay SMH lasted me about 8 mos before all the packing blew out of the N1 style muffler...now between headers and no cats and hollow pipe OMG Is this shit loud...any ideas on a universal muffler thinking maybe APEXI world sport and a universal resonator and use stock ebay (double walled) piping or go catback eclipse setup and just have it custom lengthened to fit the 8g?
    http://www.speed-element.com/servlet...muffler/Detail might work out for a muffler. They have a sound clip at the bottom. Also ran across this resonator but not sure if you wanna spend that on a resonator. The price would seem resonable for a muffler as a finishing piece, but I dunno for a part no one would see lol. Then again it might pay off. http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...Resonator.aspx

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...44940555_n.jpg hope this works, but just got this in with 68k

Dayum

Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Threw on my front lip and rear visor. Then working on skirts and rear lip.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Experienced TGC Member
    ^ where's the pictures man?!! Lol

I was about to ask the same thing

Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    ^ where's the pictures man?!! Lol
    Very soon hopefully lol

Nothing new yet.

^Must be lip install day, looking good.

Finally put on my lip, got it from the junkyard in October, need to install my 8Gb headlights too.

15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Those lips really suit each car well, especially with your skirts exhaust power. I need to re-tape and reinstall my rear visor. But before that I need to install the led panels I have coming on the way for under dash lighting. They would be my most recent purchase btw.

Page 423 of 538 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523 ... LastLast