The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 458 of 538 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508 ... LastLast
Showing results 9,141 to 9,160 of 10744
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

Pernir/Palmz, look into a vr-4 tank or a 2g gsx tank, if you don't wanna hack up your tank (I wouldn't want to, but that's me).

DEADEYES those are my favorite 7G tails, looks great homie!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Pernir/Palmz, look into a vr-4 tank or a 2g gsx tank, if you don't wanna hack up your tank (I wouldn't want to, but that's me).

DEADEYES those are my favorite 7G tails, looks great homie!
    ive bin trying to source a tank but being that there are very few 4wd eclipses and no vr4 here it is starting to look like ill be hacking the tank up i dont want to buy one out of the country because its going to be so expensive to ship. Ill be talking to a guy tomorow whos my last hope.... maybe a fuel sell??!!??
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Ok well i didnt exactly buy this today its bin about 8ish weeks since i bought it but shipping and shit happens and things. But anyway basicly i bought a VR-4... but just 1/3 of it :P from hong kong
    Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    Hey search a little, I remember seeing a guy that did this! Can't remember the name or anything but I know it's here!!!
    did a little digging and found the thread I was thinking of...who knows, might be something useful to ya in there. iirc correctly he talks about the gastank thing too

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...highlight=swap

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

ive bin trying to source a tank but being that there are very few 4wd eclipses and no vr4 here it is starting to look like ill be hacking the tank up i dont want to buy one out of the country because its going to be so expensive to ship. Ill be talking to a guy tomorow whos my last hope.... maybe a fuel sell??!!??
    Fuel cell would be way easier for you, but is this going to be a daily driven?
    did a little digging and found the thread I was thinking of...who knows, might be something useful to ya in there. iirc correctly he talks about the gastank thing too

Stewi's swap is not even close to what he is doing. What Stewi, Roman, Myself and another unamed person as right haha, did was straight up use evo parts. He is using a legit vr4 front clip which is like a lot more work really then what all of us did lol a 95-99 eclipse AWD GSX gas tank is what you want for the tunnel in the tank. I would try to source one if I was you. To bad the clip didn't come with the tank.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Oh I just assumed he was robbing it for parts, not actually using the entire thing...MB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No biggie! Maybe its my bad lol. usually when Americans buy front clips, we do it for the motor swap as well as the steering wheel swap. maybe he isn't doing this? Maybe he is just using it for parts. Shoot me? I'd weld that sucker up and love driving on the right side lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Haven't seen eyelids on a 8gb with halos yet...think I'll try it out... Photoshopped some on my car...

With

Without

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    No biggie! Maybe its my bad lol. usually when Americans buy front clips, we do it for the motor swap as well as the steering wheel swap. maybe he isn't doing this? Maybe he is just using it for parts. Shoot me? I'd weld that sucker up and love driving on the right side lol
    He is from Iceland. Not sure what engine they got stock in their galants. But I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it's not a 64 and he also said looks like the motor is almost direct swap in.

Edit: his profile says 2.4L. So maybe they do have 4g64s there too.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Well beleave it or not this thread has bin the most usefull so far.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...7g-Build/page2

as it looks like the rear part of his car is identical to my jdm atleast and the subframe mount bolts are in the same location

Fuel cell would be way easier for you, but is this going to be a daily driven?

Stewi's swap is not even close to what he is doing. What Stewi, Roman, Myself and another unamed person as right haha, did was straight up use evo parts. He is using a legit vr4 front clip which is like a lot more work really then what all of us did lol a 95-99 eclipse AWD GSX gas tank is what you want for the tunnel in the tank. I would try to source one if I was you. To bad the clip didn't come with the tank.
    Yes fuel cell would be way easyer for me to make/buy/get for free even but as you point out this is going to be a daily driver, imma go camping in this shit lol, And a fuel cell would take up a lot of room also if i hack the gas tank i have i think ill lose allot of capacity and will be likely to visiting the gas station every other day

welding the shit up looks like to me to be allot more work than just motor swapping only thing im scared of is getting that engine loom out of the vr4 and into the mine

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    He is from Iceland. Not sure what engine they got stock in their galants. But I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it's not a 64 and he also said looks like the motor is almost direct swap in.

Edit: his profile says 2.4L. So maybe they do have 4g64s there too.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Stock Galant in Iceland ;
    EUDM 4g63
    JDM 4g63 (like mine)
    JDM 6a13 v6 2.5L
    USDM 4G64 (like mine)
    USDM 6G72 3L V6

Granted the usdm galant are what i think is called gray imports as they dont come over here new (plz correct me if the Engine names are wrong)

And I will be Swaping the VR-4 into my JDM galant that has 2L 4g63 I tought I would have to wel up the engine mount but from a quick glance it looks like i wont.

QUESTION!! Will a RHD HVAC unit fit into LHD car?
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

It 12pm and geting a tank here is no longer an option
    Guess its hackinn time
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

What's stopping you from welding up an aluminum "fuel cell" in the place of the oem gas tank? Rather than just cutting apart and working with the plastic one

Or steel or whatever you're able to work with...

^^^that.

Make a tank. I've seen it done before.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

I never understood why everyone wanted to modify or buy one...just made more sense to me making one so that you can get everything fitted exactly how you want and metal is easier to work with than plastic IMO

I never understood why everyone wanted to modify or buy one...just made more sense to me making one so that you can get everything fitted exactly how you want and metal is easier to work with than plastic IMO

I guess noone told yall.... the JDM and EUDM gas tanks are made from sheet metal and dont have any of the evap shit on them.

There are only 2 lines from the gas cap thingy (fuel in - air out) and there are only 2 lines that come from the engine bay fuel in fuel out
    so simple.

And the orginal plan was to just weld up aluminum fuel cell but i think it would turn out ugly becouse i cant "stamp" the aluminum plates and the fuel cell would just end up beinga box with a tunnel in the middle

But anything can heppen
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

And the orginal plan was to just weld up aluminum fuel cell but i think it would turn out ugly becouse i cant "stamp" the aluminum plates and the fuel cell would just end up beinga box with a tunnel in the middle
    Believe me I'm the first to care about looks but...it's a gas tank under the car

What do you guys thing about haveing the gas tank behind the diff. like cutting the spare tyre bulge away and putting the tank there... ahhh i dont know then i might as well make a new tank... im just spit ballin.. gimme ideas of what you would do
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Too dangerous for a rear end collision.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

i would think a fuel cell in the trunk would be just as dangerous ?
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Agreed^^^

Plus the thought of a puncture "inside" the cabin

Page 458 of 538 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508 ... LastLast