The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 47 of 538 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
Showing results 921 to 940 of 10744
    Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Do you have the silver or woodgrain trim?

I autocrossed the hell outta my baby today. And she performed well. Write up and pics tomorrow after I rest up :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome
    I've got the silver trim, It's looking pretty good so far.. Had the hardest time getting the little trim box around the shifter out the previous owner had all sorts of food stuff under there and it was stuck haha.

guess whose got the 2nd image slot for 8g galant interior.. My old 8G.. even though its not interior.. lol
    http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl...&aqi=&aql=&oq=

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

cleaned it and finally fixed my dome light switch after months of not having a switch

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I resurfaced my headlights (properly this time) for like the 3rd time. Didn't have 1500 and 2000 grit sandpaper before so it came out pretty grainy. They are now super smooth - perfect cause they looked goofy when they were semi cloudy with my HIDs .

Also resurfaced my fog lights for the first time. Those things were so full of pits, you could hardly see into them. Now they're nice and smooth :)

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    I resurfaced my headlights (properly this time) for like the 3rd time. Didn't have 1500 and 2000 grit sandpaper before so it came out pretty grainy. They are now super smooth - perfect cause they looked goofy when they were semi cloudy with my HIDs .

Also resurfaced my fog lights for the first time. Those things were so full of pits, you could hardly see into them. Now they're nice and smooth :)
    Have you ever tried one of those headlight restoration kits before? I replaced one of my fog lights and the original one looks stupid paired up with the new one. You think the kit could get results or should I go your route and sand it out with some papers?

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

nice Adrian! What do you use after the 1500grit? I needs to know lol.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    nice Adrian! What do you use after the 1500grit? I needs to know lol.
    The headlights were still *fairly* smooth from last time, so today I just did 1500 wet sand -> 2000 wetsand perpendicular to the direction that i just did for 1500, then buff by hand with Mothers plastic polish. When the lights are off, the lenses are crystal clear, but with the lights on you can still see some scuffs. Sh*T Boys.. er I mean Pep Boys didn't have anything between 1500 and 2000 (or after 2000) so that's what I had to use.

For the fog lights, since they were pitted beyond belief, mostly all wetsanding:
    600 -> 1000 -> 1500 -> 2000 -> plastic polish

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Have you ever tried one of those headlight restoration kits before? I replaced one of my fog lights and the original one looks stupid paired up with the new one. You think the kit could get results or should I go your route and sand it out with some papers?
    It depends on what kit you're referring to. I think some of them come with sandpaper, so it's pretty much the same thing. I just wanted to buy separate packs of sandpaper for later use. My mom had one of those "headlight restoration" kits that came with a pad that supposedly had crystals in it or something, and you put it on a drill and buff away and BAM the headlights are supposed to be brand new. Well I tried it out before and it didn't really do anything, so if that's what you're talking about, then No don't buy that lol.

Otherwise, you'll probably need this stuff:
    600 grit
    1000 grit
    1500 grit
    2000 grit
    plastic polish

If you can get stuff in between those intervals as well, then even better. Also, I bought a 99 cent spray bottle from Home Depot to help me when I'm wetsanding small areas. It's a lot easier than a garden hose.

My man, good info! I was thinking about one of those kits by Meguiar's or Mother's but i'll go the papers route one of these days, gotta let it warm up outside. Thanks man.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post

Be fucked up if you go outside in the morning and that's all you see where you left your car at night.....

Experienced TGC Member
    Just ordered some 3rd gen tail lights :-)
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Be fucked up if you go outside in the morning and that's all you see where you left your car at night.....
    Yeah that would suck lol but its on the car now lol

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

It depends on what kit you're referring to. I think some of them come with sandpaper, so it's pretty much the same thing. I just wanted to buy separate packs of sandpaper for later use. My mom had one of those "headlight restoration" kits that came with a pad that supposedly had crystals in it or something, and you put it on a drill and buff away and BAM the headlights are supposed to be brand new. Well I tried it out before and it didn't really do anything, so if that's what you're talking about, then No don't buy that lol.

Otherwise, you'll probably need this stuff:
    600 grit
    1000 grit
    1500 grit
    2000 grit
    plastic polish

If you can get stuff in between those intervals as well, then even better. Also, I bought a 99 cent spray bottle from Home Depot to help me when I'm wetsanding small areas. It's a lot easier than a garden hose.
    When wet sanding do you rub hard and fast or do you just rub gently and slow and let the paper do the work?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    When wet sanding do you rub hard and fast or do you just rub gently and slow and let the paper do the work?
    you perv!! lol

It depends on how deep the pits are. I had to *press down* pretty hard for some sections. As I went higher in grit, I also applied less and less pressure. I tend to sand fast though. :P

you perv!! lol

It depends on how deep the pits are. I had to *press down* pretty hard for some sections. As I went higher in grit, I also applied less and less pressure. I tend to sand fast though. :P
    haha alright thx ima have to try this 1 day these hazy spots on my headlights are bugging me

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    Yeah that would suck lol but its on the car now lol
    Awesome!! How did is it workin out for ya?

Had a couple problems but this one is the "prototype" lol. Bolt broke n the egr tube broke. So gonna be replacing most of my upper engine with 74 parts. N make it look good. But I could tell the difference almost immediately.
    Last edited by Corey2kG; 02-21-2011 at 10:15 AM

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Get this, it has everything you need to restore 1-2 pairs of headlights. It works really well, and they sell these at advance autoparts/ Vatozone

http://www.customrigsmag.com/3m-headlight-renewal-kit/

I prefer this.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Page 47 of 538 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast